Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] WE DON'T WANT ODST WE WANT MCC TO WORK !

OP TIMELXSS

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. ...
  6. 18
I want ODST.
ProOffHost wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:
Bucshot888 wrote:
Yeah, well, I'm sure the most people would love ODST. Don't post crap trying to speak for the community. MCC will and mostly does work.


^Your Logic: The game works for me so it must work for everyone!


You're taking one thing that Bucshot888 said and twisting it around... He said three very good and very true points

1) "...most people would love ODST"

-- This first thing is very true and obvious from the flood of positive responses that at the majority of active forum users will love ODST.

2) "Don't post crap trying to speak for the community."

-- This second thing couldn't have been better spoken... OP is posting whining, "crap," that becomes a total and worthless lie when he claims to speak on behalf of the community at large with this rant. You've tried to twist it to "Oh, well what I think OP is trying to say-" but just stop it already- you're back peddling at this point... Doesn't matter what you think he's trying to say, OP is clearly posting "crap," as Bucshot so eloquently and accurately put it. That said it's totally okay if you, OP, or anyone else wants to constructively criticize the compensation, because it's your right to complain... You cross the line when you think you speak for the community because you don't and never will with something like this.

3) "MCC will and mostly does work."

-- This is the only part that you chose to respond to and criticize... Btw, .


I am sorry for giving my interpretation of the OP's true message, it was very bad of me to do so, but what exactly do you want me to stop and how am I backpedaling? And are you referring to me when you say "You cross the line"? or the OP. Because as for what Bucshot888 said, It's not directed at me.

And you're saying the exact same sort of thing that Bucshot said about the MCC working, "the MCC works for me too and TONS of other people... As a matter of fact, everyone I run into everyday in matchmaking seems to be playing it just fine!!! Your argument may have held some weight in the first two weeks after the MCC launched but give it a rest already. 343i's been working around the clock to fix, improve, and enhance the MCC and it's showing for almost everybody" Where are you getting these details from? 'Almost Everybody' is a bit of an exaggeration. Because guess what? Everyone I run into everyday says the exact opposite! If it were fixed for 'almost everybody' then there wouldn't be so many people still complaining about it would there? Yes it may be better then the two weeks after launch day but it's still very limited and frustrating.
I can still only find players in one playlist, I am still having laggy games, and I am still having trouble getting, and keeping the same group of people in a lobby. Amongst many other things.

If you and the people you run into are having a good experience with the game, well good for you! But don't go assuming everyone else is having the same experience, because we're not.


I was merely stating that "everyone that I run into everyday in matchmaking seems to be playing it just fine," not trying to assert that everyone on the MCC is playing it just fine. I'm only referring to my personal experiences to demonstrate why it appears to me that most people are playing it just fine. I do know that for many people outside the US, connection problems that I'm not experiencing appear to be hampering their online experience. Dedicated servers is absolutely be a must for people experiencing residual network issues at this point... Unless they've just got bad internet to begin with, so for that there's nothing anyone can do to fix their issues, but I understand this is not always the case.

Regardless, 343i has kept us in the loop with everything and is continuing to work to provide us dedicated servers which will take the MCC a massive step towards the 100% fix mark. In the meantime however, most people in the US (And UK from what I'm seeing on Xbox Live) with Open NAT settings and a decent internet connection appear to be playing the MCC just fine. Does this mean everyone?? Unfortunately not... But most?? I think so, based upon all the hundreds upon hundreds that I've played with in the past two weeks in the games I'm finding almost instantly. I still feel for people experiencing poor playing experiences because I try to empathize and imagine how upset I would be if I were in their position...

But all things considered, to gripe about the free stuff 343i is giving out seems flat out unnecessary to me... Even so, it's totally okay for people to complain, but not to do so as if they're speaking on behalf of the entire community.


I completely understand that. I wasn't really trying to defend the OP, I was just trying to imagine what he should have said, had he been calm and collected while making this post.

Also, I live in AUS, so that may be why my experience, and all my Australian friends experiences, aren't very great compared to yours.

Exactly right. People in Australia especially are encountering many many problems, the biggest one for me being the load screen NOT LOADING and taking me back to the main menu 3/4 of the games i find, if i actually find one! So all of you ignorant -Yoinks!- who think they have met the 'MAJORITY' of the population of halo MCC STOP -Yoinking!- DEFENDING THE GAME AND THINK YOU KNOW WHAT OTHERS ARE EXPERIENCING. YES, THE GAME HAS IMPROVED BUT IT IS FAR FROM FIXED
Thank you, my thoughts exactly. Anyone who says things like: 'What are you guys talking about? the game is working fine! or Stop complaining, the game is fixed for almost everybody! or It's not host advantage, you just suck at the game, or You just must have terrible internet,' needs to remove there head from their A** and realise that JUST BECAUSE IT WORKS FOR YOU, and maybe some other people you know DOESN"T MEAN IT"S WORKING FOR EVERYONE, or even the majority of people. It's not like they have spoken to almost everyone who owns the Master Chief Collection so that statement is invalid.
Yeah i'll only get odst if they add cheevos
Hey OP don't go putting words in my mouth that I never said. I loved ODST and am excited at -Yoink- its being added. And the MCC has been working perfectly for me. So yeah leave the " we" out of your statement.
T0m00se37 wrote:
ProOffHost wrote:


People in Australia especially are encountering many many problems, the biggest one for me being the load screen NOT LOADING and taking me back to the main menu 3/4 of the games i find, if i actually find one! So all of you who think they have met the 'MAJORITY' of the population of halo MCC STOP DEFENDING THE GAME AND THINK YOU KNOW WHAT OTHERS ARE EXPERIENCING. YES, THE GAME HAS IMPROVED BUT IT IS FAR FROM FIXED


Thank you, my thoughts exactly. Anyone who says things like: 'What are you guys talking about? the game is working fine! or Stop complaining, the game is fixed for almost everybody! or It's not host advantage, you just suck at the game, or You just must have terrible internet,' needs to remove there head from their A** and realise that JUST BECAUSE IT WORKS FOR YOU, and maybe some other people you know DOESN"T MEAN IT"S WORKING FOR EVERYONE, or even the majority of people. It's not like they have spoken to almost everyone who owns the Master Chief Collection so that statement is invalid.
Well I'm not usually a fan of people speaking on "the majority of people," either... And I feel for you guys that are experiencing these issues, I really do. All that said, to me I still believe in this case that the majority of people (But not "everyone," however) that are currently playing the MCC are now playing it just fine... But I understand that if most people living in your country are experiencing these issues to you it seems like, "almost everyone," can't play the MCC. And again that's just based off of own playing experience- there can't be this many people matching up against me everyday if the MCC is broken. But that doesn't mean 343i should stop trying to fix it or that you guys are doing anything wrong.... I really think that Dedicated Servers will immensely help clear things up for all you guys experiencing networking and connection issues. 343i has informed us that they're working on getting the Dedicated Servers up, so the good news is that there's hope for everyone in this category.

You mentioned that you now have Open NAT Settings... But keep in mind that this may not be the root cause of your issues. Moderate and Strict NAT Settings narrow the search for people that you can play with. So if you have an Open NAT, than you've effectively expanded your search for players. This fix helps out a lot of people that are experiencing difficulties finding players, but isn't the only solution that will fix every networking issue.

Remember that latency makes all the difference in online play for the MCC... In laymans terms, the best way to describe what latency is (and I know anyone with an I.T. background is going to cringe at this comparison) is like sonar waves... Imagine how sonar works- a signal gets sent out and has to return back to the source. You can have an average, or even above-average internet download speed and still suffer from high latency that is really only noticeable with most FPS games. This means that games like Minecraft or Forza may confuse you into thinking that you don't have a network issue which may also cause you to believe that the developer of a FPS game may have sold you a faulty game... When in fact you should really be pointing fingers at your Internet Service Provider (Satellite/DSL ISP's are notoriously HORRIBLE for advertising high speeds, while brushing high latency under the rug with their customers). You may not realize this could be an issue because some games don't need low latency rates (sub 50) in order to afford a good online gaming experience but Halo really, really does... Especially the campaign and H2A Multiplayer. I played four player campaign with someone from Austria a little while back and he tested his connection to discover dreadfully high latency, despite his high Mbps download speed. You can check this out in the settings app under network - test. For more information about latency, read this: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120307124430AA8UCmT

Sorry for not hyperlinking- I'm on my mobile so there's not an option... And I know yahoo maybe not always be the best source for veracity but in this case they have some great, accurate Q and A regarding latency and gaming.

You sound like a pretty smart guy that's exhausted what seems like everything you can to troubleshoot this issue... Which is why I won't insult your intelligence by telling you to switch from wireless internet to wired, even though other people may not know that wireless internet severely hampers your internet speeds and can even result in packet-loss. Also, there may be settings on your router that you don't know about that are affecting your P2P connection. Your ISP that you pay every month is responsible for delivering you working internet so I highly recommend that you call them and demand them to walk you through trouble-shooting methods to ensure you have the proper settings for a proper online gaming experience.
Your getting a game for free be happy
If you dont want it dont download it.
And mcc will get fixed dont worry.
And mcc will get fixed dont worry.
Cudos to the believers.
ProOffHost wrote:
T0m00se37 wrote:

But all things considered, to gripe about the free stuff 343i is giving out seems flat out unnecessary to me... Even so, it's totally okay for people to complain, but not to do so as if they're speaking on behalf of the entire community.


I completely understand that. I wasn't really trying to defend the OP, I was just trying to imagine what he should have said, had he been calm and collected while making this post. Also, I live in AUS, so that may be why my experience, and all my Australian friends experiences, aren't very great compared to yours.


Exactly right. People in Australia especially are encountering many many problems, the biggest one for me being the load screen NOT LOADING and taking me back to the main menu 3/4 of the games i find, if i actually find one! So all of you ignorant -Yoinks!- who think they have met the 'MAJORITY' of the population of halo MCC STOP -Yoinking!- DEFENDING THE GAME AND THINK YOU KNOW WHAT OTHERS ARE EXPERIENCING. YES, THE GAME HAS IMPROVED BUT IT IS FAR FROM FIXED
Expressed as a percentage of the total number of people playing the Master Chief Collection, "The Majority" can mean anything greater than 51% of that population. So, for the majority of players the bugs may be fixed, but that just means that you are part of the 49%--"The Minority." Over 1 million Master Chief Collection copies were sold in the first week, so even if 99% of players never experienced any bugs whatsoever, that's still TEN THOUSAND of the week one players experiencing those bugs.
I'll defend this game as much as possible. Sure, it's been a truly horrible few weeks for the MCC, but that doesn't mean the game is a lost cause. Blizzard Entertainment with World of Warcraft and Diablo has had a track record of truly awful video game launches, and Valve Corporation's Half-Life 2/the launch of Steam was a complete disaster. I really don't think anybody cares about those bad launches now--they just enjoy playing the games.
I was also recently informed that the primary cause of the matchmaking issues is actually to do with the Xbox Live service on Xbox One. When 343 industries tried to sort out Microsoft's blunder, that created bugs that previously were not present in the MCC. [FYI This is secondhand information, but it does seem to fit the facts, especially seeing as Australia only got local servers for Xbox Live on Dec. 16th 2014].
more the question of why odst? there is no master chief in odst? it is the master chief collection is it not
I'm pretty happy with beta and ODST. My mcc works fine. I agreed 343 did set too high expectations but they need to say what they mean and mean what they say.
It is very hard maintaining a game and fans keep rushing them. These things take time to fix and all we can do as fans and players is help them behind our screens
not shouting at them they are trying there best give them a chance.
Just get it all working!
ODST is cool. Halo 5 Beta is cool. They are fixing MCC and it not working is not cool but they are working on it.
Monty005 wrote:
Just get it all working!
This thread is from last year...
Rhydon65 wrote:
Monty005 wrote:
Just get it all working!
This thread is from last year...
Yep.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. ...
  6. 18