Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What’s the point of ranks after 100? (No points!)

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
HC SOlO wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
The point is that challenges make it so you come back for more season 2 unlocks each week. This helps keep the games player base up and gives us something to do. Plus many of us like to reach high ranks, and the challenge help with that. Plus, I think some players wanted to rank up with campaign challenges and now they can.

The point of a season is to have a reason to come back, something to do. I think it did many things right with how it was done on season 2.
I feel like maybe you missed the point of my post. What’s the point of ranks when they don’t grant any season points? What’s the point of XP only challenges when ranks don’t grant anything? I’m not bashing on season 2, I’m confused why ranks cease to unlock any season points after the first 100 ranks(typically completed during season 1).

[I updated my forum post title since it might be confusing people. This issue is for people who have maxed out season 1 before starting season 2. The issue has more to do with ranks than season 2 specifically]
This issue is for people who have maxed out season 1 before starting season 2

This is me. I'm not sure I understand how this has affected me. If I continue to play the game do I not progress through the same unlocks?
No, if you maxed out season 1 before season 2 then you at minimum have reached rank 100. NO season points are awarded for unlocking ranks past 100. Challenges that grant season points are the only way to unlock anything. This is the whole reason for me posting this forum
If I play, I complete challenges. It just happens as I play and I get the season points. I don't feel I am missing anything. Sorry.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
The point is that challenges make it so you come back for more season 2 unlocks each week. This helps keep the games player base up and gives us something to do. Plus many of us like to reach high ranks, and the challenge help with that. Plus, I think some players wanted to rank up with campaign challenges and now they can.

The point of a season is to have a reason to come back, something to do. I think it did many things right with how it was done on season 2.
I feel like maybe you missed the point of my post. What’s the point of ranks when they don’t grant any season points? What’s the point of XP only challenges when ranks don’t grant anything? I’m not bashing on season 2, I’m confused why ranks cease to unlock any season points after the first 100 ranks(typically completed during season 1).

[I updated my forum post title since it might be confusing people. This issue is for people who have maxed out season 1 before starting season 2. The issue has more to do with ranks than season 2 specifically]
This issue is for people who have maxed out season 1 before starting season 2

This is me. I'm not sure I understand how this has affected me. If I continue to play the game do I not progress through the same unlocks?
No, if you maxed out season 1 before season 2 then you at minimum have reached rank 100. NO season points are awarded for unlocking ranks past 100. Challenges that grant season points are the only way to unlock anything. This is the whole reason for me posting this forum
If I play, I complete challenges. It just happens as I play and I get the season points. I don't feel I am missing anything. Sorry.
I had the same thing happen. It took me time to realize I wasn’t getting any points for ranks. When season 2 came out I completed a lot of challenges without realizing it. The problem is after unlocking most of the weekly challenges, I’m not making any progress. In season 1, even when I had a long rank I felt like I was gradually getting closer to unlocking something.
Yeah, kinda disappointing where you get the first level 100, then months after that, you rank up high, thinking you'll unlock the next 100 ranks and get the rewards, nope, now that you're higher rank, it'll take you twice as long to get one item, as apposed to someone who is rank 104, they will unlock everything before you unlock 5 things because of how long it takes to rank up
Honestly i find it stupid how those who reached tier 100 on season 1 (noble) dont earn any season point for xp but those who dint reached tier 100 do i think i know why you can't earn a season point through xp

Since you are at tier 100 in one season the game thinks you are a tier 100 in every season thus not granting any season points

hopes this kinda helps .-.
Honestly i find it stupid how those who reached tier 100 on season 1 (noble) dont earn any season point for xp but those who dint reached tier 100 do i think i know why you can't earn a season point through xp

Since you are at tier 100 in one season the game thinks you are a tier 100 in every season thus not granting any season points

I don't think that's the way it works. Everyone gets season points for the first 100, then you don't. Is that not true?
It's a global rank. It's not tied to the season or anything else really.
HC SOlO wrote:

I don't think that's the way it works. Everyone gets season points for the first 100, then you don't. Is that not true?
I’m pretty sure you’re right. I’m not sure what BlueishCone was talking about. As far as I know everyone stops getting points after 100.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3