Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What’s your favorite variant of the Assault Rifle?

OP Ivan Drago3067

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The one I've got in my hand at the time, I just view the guns as tools boring answer I know but I've found them all to have pluses and minuses. If pushed I'd say CE or the H5 one.
Reach and 3 tied overall for both aesthetics and functionality.
I enjoy the 4 for its sound and look, and Reach's for gameplay.
In terms of effectiveness, the Halo CE AR. Yes, Halo 5's Assault Rifle is probably the most powerful in the series, but in terms of having a balanced role in the sandbox, as well as being mechanically interesting to use, it's the CE AR.

Visually, the Halo 3 AR.

In terms of audio, the Reach AR.

I would also say the Reach AR wins out in terms of having a weightiness and punch to it, which is funny since it's arguably the least effective in the series
Mine is the H2A version for both aesthetic and gameplay.
Halo 4 all the way. To me it's the best in every category. Best looks, best sound, and best stopping power. Halo 4 is the only game where I feel like the AR is a competitive weapon.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Halo 4 all the way. To me it's the best in every category. Best looks, best sound, and best stopping power. Halo 4 is the only game where I feel like the AR is a competitive weapon.
I only liked it after the TU. After that it became a beast.
Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the Halo 5 rifle with it's smart-link sights. I even lore like the aesthetics with some variants with mounted sights on the weapon.
The MA5C from Halo 3 is the most pleasing to the eye, while the MA5D sounds the best. It sounds like an actual weapon now and not a peashooter. MA37 from Reach sounds good and I love the sound, but I don't think anything could ever top H4's.
Unless, of course, Infinite. We'll just have to wait and see.
I liked the look of Reach's AR, but the mechanics of the Halo 4 AR are my favorite for gameplay. Halo 5's is too accurate and punishes precision weapons too much. Halo 4's is just right.
Halo 3 for me. Utterly useless but looks good.
Definitely Reach.
Reach all the way
Favorite in my heart? Halo: CE

Favorite performance wise? Halo 4 (maybe H2A too.)
The Reach AR was beautiful
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2