Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What’s your favorite variant of the Assault Rifle?

OP Ivan Drago3067

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The one I've got in my hand at the time, I just view the guns as tools boring answer I know but I've found them all to have pluses and minuses. If pushed I'd say CE or the H5 one.
Reach and 3 tied overall for both aesthetics and functionality.
I enjoy the 4 for its sound and look, and Reach's for gameplay.

This post has been hidden.

Mine is the H2A version for both aesthetic and gameplay.
Halo 4 all the way. To me it's the best in every category. Best looks, best sound, and best stopping power. Halo 4 is the only game where I feel like the AR is a competitive weapon.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Halo 4 all the way. To me it's the best in every category. Best looks, best sound, and best stopping power. Halo 4 is the only game where I feel like the AR is a competitive weapon.
I only liked it after the TU. After that it became a beast.
Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the Halo 5 rifle with it's smart-link sights. I even lore like the aesthetics with some variants with mounted sights on the weapon.
The MA5C from Halo 3 is the most pleasing to the eye, while the MA5D sounds the best. It sounds like an actual weapon now and not a peashooter. MA37 from Reach sounds good and I love the sound, but I don't think anything could ever top H4's.
Unless, of course, Infinite. We'll just have to wait and see.
I liked the look of Reach's AR, but the mechanics of the Halo 4 AR are my favorite for gameplay. Halo 5's is too accurate and punishes precision weapons too much. Halo 4's is just right.
Halo 3 for me. Utterly useless but looks good.
Definitely Reach.
Reach all the way
Favorite in my heart? Halo: CE

Favorite performance wise? Halo 4 (maybe H2A too.)
The Reach AR was beautiful
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2