1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have a Question regarding MCC:

Did 343i sometime talk about the Possibility of Cross Play and maybe even told us why or why not..? Or maybe even just if they consider it?

For my Part, I would love to see CrossPlay one day implemented into the Halo: Collection, maybe the way, Modern Warfare (yeah, I know, CoD, Boohoo..) did it/is going to do it..?

There u play with the Player Base, that got the same System as you. However, if say, I'm on Xbox in a Lobby and invite a Friend on PC & start searching, we automatically get put in a Matchmaking searching CrossPlatform.. This Way no One has an "Disadvantage", if they don't want to have one and I can happily play with more friends and couldn't care less.

Opinions..?
Quote:
Q. Will Crossplay be available for MCC on PC?
A. PC players will be able to play together regardless of which store they choose to purchase from.
In terms of Xbox One to PC crossplay, it's not something we're currently committing to at launch but it is top of mind and the team is actively investigating this.
<https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/reddit-mcc-ama/b88fd709-525d-422a-81d4-a4ec6349f0c3/posts>
I don't think we have any newer or more concrete information than that.
Quote:
Q. Will Crossplay be available for MCC on PC?
A. PC players will be able to play together regardless of which store they choose to purchase from. In terms of Xbox One to PC crossplay, it's not something we're currently committing to at launch but it is top of mind and the team is actively investigating this.
<https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/reddit-mcc-ama/b88fd709-525d-422a-81d4-a4ec6349f0c3/posts>
I don't think we have anything newer or more concrete than that.
Ahh, well.. Thx m8.. Had hoped for a more positive Answer, but, at least they are actively considering it.. ^^
They said it wouldn't be available at launch, but they'll look into it.
Hopefully if they do its just for PvE modes. (Campaign and firefight)
Why..? What would be the Problem, if they do it like "you'll never find another Platform, when your Fireteam is on the same Platform as you"..?
Why? If someone is similar rank to you they are similar skill as you, regardless of input method. This issue people have with cross-platform PVP is odd. They could even make it opt-in or opt-out. Either way really confused why so many people don't want a game with a dwindling player base to have a massive addition of players, so you can, yah know, actually find ranked games....
Pretty sure they said they would look into it close to when they announced it coming to pc.

I'm personally not really a huge fan of it being in multiplayer unless you have an option to turn playing with pc players off, or at least have a function to prioritize xb1 players. I know gears has this function (at least for ranked) and I think it's a good way for players to choose if they want faster search times or not. I'm more of a social player and I am all for playing the game just for fun so not as big of a deal as some other things with the game, but I don't want to get into matches where you get paired with sweats on pc who don't want to play ranked and have a reaction speed that's almost impossible to do on console thus making the game not so fun anymore. When I do (occasionally) play gears pvp I run into this from time to time and it bugs me because there's no option to turn it off for social. I'd even be satisfied with a system that if you choose not to play with pc players it will at least prioritize xb1 players first, and then if it can't find enough people then it will pair you with pc.

I don't care from time to time, I'd much prefer not waiting in a lobby for 10 minutes just waiting to play a game but just having the option to turn it on or off would be a good thing in my mind.
That be cool because I'm sure theres a lot of people like me with pc gamers who are buying this game and would like to play MCC with them.
343 should make cross play optional for all game modes. It will help the population and allow more people to play together. If you don't want cross play then you can just turn it off and only play xbox players. I hope cross play comes soon. It would be fun to play with friends who only have pc, before infinite comes out
They shouldn't do that even if they had a good anti cheat system people may still be able to get past it. However for campaign and maybe custom games it would be fine.
If there are cheats for mcc most people on pc won't be cheating. If you think someone is cheating you can report and block them. If a lot of people were able to cheat on pc and you didn't want to play with them, then you can just turn off cross play. The population will increase for mcc if there is crossplay. Ranked playlists especially could really use an increase in population.
I think it would be best to just have cross-play for customs and PvE gamemodes. PC players will absolutely shred console players in normal PvP matches and it's no fun to lose to someone who has an inherent advantage.
PC players will absolutely shred console players in normal PvP matches and it's no fun to lose to someone who has an inherent advantage.
That hasn't exactly been the experience in the current PC flight, where it appears that the aim assist available on controllers is quite substantial and gives controller users a fighting chance against mouse and keyboard users. Maybe the solution would be to adjust aim assist to make it more fair? The funny thing is that right now it appears that the mouse+keyboard crowd is having the same complaints as the controller crowd, but in reverse, where they feel like they're at a disadvantage due to aim assist being too aggressive for controllers on the PC version. I guess you just can't make everyone happy.
I think it would be best to just have cross-play for customs and PvE gamemodes. PC players will absolutely shred console players in normal PvP matches and it's no fun to lose to someone who has an inherent advantage.
But my point is to implement a feature like Modern Warfare does.. Somehow everyone don't read that point of my Argument.. If you have the Choice to turn it off, what is the point in denying access to that feature?
As long as there’s an option to not use cross play I don’t care how it’s implemented.
But my point is to implement a feature like Modern Warfare does.. Somehow everyone don't read that point of my Argument.. If you have the Choice to turn it off, what is the point in denying access to that feature?
Because COD plays entirely different from Halo. And then I bet non-crossplay lobbies would take a lot longer to fill, and for people who aren't good enough to go toe to toe with PC players, that obviously isn't fun.
Because COD plays entirely different from Halo. And then I bet non-crossplay lobbies would take a lot longer to fill, and for people who aren't good enough to go toe to toe with PC players, that obviously isn't fun.
But at first all the people would need to create a Crossplay Lobby, so I think the Argument that Non Cross Lobbies would take a lot longer is not accurate.. So your last Point is invalid (for my PoV at least), too..

However I admit that Halo indeed plays very different from CoD.. But I don't think that would hurt the Matchmaking either.. But 4 everyone their own opinion, I shouldn't try to convince you there.. ^^
As a console player as long as I have a choice to never match PC players I am cool with it. Way to easy to hack and mod from PC so I would never want to play against them in multiplayer.
I also have an idea on how they could do Crossplay they could do one of two things make it so only PvE modes are Crossplay since there would be no advantage for pc players since it’s coop and all or they could make the whole game Crossplay but make it so that when pc players are playing with Xbox players in competitive game modes they have to use a controller (I personally like this idea and think it’s a good one but I know a lot of pc players would hate this and of course having the option to turn it off altogether there are plenty of ways they could implement cross play and have it be fun and fair for everyone it’s really just a question of if they care enough to actually do it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2