Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What could they do for the backdrop on the menu?

OP Wanderer2281

We’ve had some REALLY cool backdrop pages for the menu screen on MCC, some of my favourites are Reach, CE and ODST. What do you think they could do for halo 4? Are they going to do a similar cryo bay style to CE’s? Or will they do something else? Let me know your ideas, I’m interested to hear what everyone else would like to see
We’ve had some REALLY cool backdrop pages for the menu screen on MCC, some of my favourites are Reach, CE and ODST. What do you think they could do for halo 4? Are they going to do a similar cryo bay style to CE’s? Or will they do something else? Let me know your ideas, I’m interested to hear what everyone else would like to see
I think some forward unto dawn and the cryptum (the sphere in which didact was) and may be composer too
I think some forward unto dawn and the cryptum (the sphere in which didact was) and may be composer too
I'd love to see the cryo chamber on the Dawn, the Cryptum when Chief opens it, and the Composer approaching the research station. Lots of cool possibilities with H4.

Now that the collection will be complete on PC, I'm curious what 343i will do for the main menu backdrop. Leave it as the H4 one? Have a new sequence that combines the best of all the games? Leave it up to the players to choose a theme? Excited to see what they come up with.
After the Halo4 season is over, I hope that the title card just rotates through all of them.
tuhin94 wrote:
I'd love to see the cryo chamber on the Dawn, the Cryptum when Chief opens it, and the Composer approaching the research station. Lots of cool possibilities with H4.

Now that the collection will be complete on PC, I'm curious what 343i will do for the main menu backdrop. Leave it as the H4 one? Have a new sequence that combines the best of all the games? Leave it up to the players to choose a theme? Excited to see what they come up with.
I hope we'll be able to pick which one we want, but I don't imagine that feature exists on the XB operating system...

I think I remember reading we'll get to pick the menu background once they're all out which is cool
I'd either want them to let us choose the backdrop, considering we've seen a ton on the game so far, or just revert it back to that nice dark blue backdrop with the Halo ring.
I really hope they focus more on landscapes instead of weapons and armour. Like for the games so far, they’ve focused on showing weapons or vehicles instead of showing the beautiful scenery in Halo games. Like for ODST for example, they could have shown New Mombasa at night in the rain. Really wish they start doing stuff like that, there’s a lot more potential for the backgrounds than they’re doing currently imo.
I want that greeny bluey one with the asteroids slowly orbiting the center back that was there at the beginning. The colors were beautiful and it looked amazing.
I’d be happy if they just let us choose between all the backdrops we’ve had before and currently.
DeIiverer wrote:
I’d be happy if they just let us choose between all the backdrops we’ve had before and currently.
This is one of the best things about me playing MCC more on PC nowadays. Like right now, I went and changed the background to the snowy warthog they had as the background a couple years ago and I love being able to do stuff like that. Really wish they would let you use the old ones if you wanted those, just have a few options to choose from.
Like previous posts mentioned, it really would be cool to be able to pick from the different menu screens, or where the screens rotate through some of the different ones, I also do really like the original menu screen, it’d be cool to be able to use the older ones again.
I'd love to be able to choose which one I wanted, or set it to loop through them all.

Maybe they could include the backgrounds from each game as options, as well, including the music. You could choose the Halo 2 backdrop and menu music, for example.