Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What exactly does the Mythic skull affect?

OP AnOriginalZero1

I'm currently trying to get the Par Score on Exodus using the Mythic skull and others, and I can't help but feel like I have neglected to fully understand what it does which is getting in the way of obtaining that sweet Par Time score multiplier. Does it affect more than just enemy health? Does it boost shield strength and, in particular, helmet strength on Brutes? I can't tell if it's just my aim that's off or if one of the skulls are affecting dealing with the Brutes' helmets; I've also noticed that they all maintain their normal ranks despite having the Thunderstorm skull on so I'm wondering if it's a bug that uses the skull settings but retain the original models due to this being the mission you're introduced to them for the first time in Reach. Any insight would be helpful, cheers.
it jsut boosts enemies health thats it so my advice avoid brutes
If you want some good tips on beating par scores/times in all games, check out Halo Completionist on YouTube. Silver has some great tips and helped me out a lot.
I'm currently trying to get the Par Score on Exodus using the Mythic skull and others, and I can't help but feel like I have neglected to fully understand what it does which is getting in the way of obtaining that sweet Par Time score multiplier. Does it affect more than just enemy health? Does it boost shield strength and, in particular, helmet strength on Brutes? I can't tell if it's just my aim that's off or if one of the skulls are affecting dealing with the Brutes' helmets; I've also noticed that they all maintain their normal ranks despite having the Thunderstorm skull on so I'm wondering if it's a bug that uses the skull settings but retain the original models due to this being the mission you're introduced to them for the first time in Reach. Any insight would be helpful, cheers.
It depends on the game. In Halo 2, it's double health and shields.

In Halo 3, ODST, and Reach, it's just double health.

In Halo 4, it's an unspecified health multiplier, not simply doubled.
You should be able to get the par scores on just heroic and not dying the entire level, and trying to get as many multi kills as you can.

Heres a guide on normal with skulls as well. I did it on heroic without any skulls and even skipped the entire last section as i already had 32k and didnt want tobwaste the remainig time boost. Either method would work though
It increases enemy hitpoints in some way:
  • Halo Reach:
    Covenant units have doubled health.

• Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary:
    All Covenant AI have twice the health. All Sentinels have energy shields.

• Halo 2:
    Enemies and allies have double the health and shielding they have on Legendary.

• Halo 3:
    All Covenant enemies have twice the amount of health.

• Halo 3: ODST:
    Enemies have 2x health.

• Halo 4:
    All enemies have more health than usual.

• Halo 5: Guardians:
    Enemies have increased health.