Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What game did you start with?

OP kujaling071

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
Mine was Halo CE in 2001 I was 8 and I begged my mom hard to believe that was 13 years ago!!
Picked up CE when Halo 2 was released. Got both for my birthday and rushed through CE to get to 2. Beautiful memories. I must have been 12 or 13?
Halo CE in 2001
Halo 2 and I instantly loved it. But my first multiplayer experience was Halo 3. Good memories, but I played the hell out of it. Much more excited for the other 3 games because of that.
Halo:CE :)
Halo 3 cuz i got it with my 360.
CE on release in 2001
Halo CE but dunno exactly when. Joined in the middle of a 4-player local FFA on Prisoner since one of the group had to leave, and I was hooked ever since. After playing through the campaign, it was forever sealed as my favorite sci-fi series and the sole reason I ever had an xbox.
I was 13 and played Halo 2. I had never even heard of Halo before that.
I started with CE, and got Halo 2, but I didn't get Live or an Xbox 360 until 2010, so Reach was my first online game, and I played it before Halo 3. I did play PC before reach, but it was mostly Custom Edition anyways.
HALO CE but Halo 3 is my favorite
My first was halo ce
Picked up CE when Halo 2 was released. Got both for my birthday and rushed through CE to get to 2. Beautiful memories. I must have been 12 or 13?
I hear that man, I played Halo CE and 2 so many times with my friends when we were little, that every cutscene everyone knew every single line of dialogue.. Good times :)
Sylxeria wrote:
Halo CE but dunno exactly when. Joined in the middle of a 4-player local FFA on Prisoner since one of the group had to leave, and I was hooked ever since. After playing through the campaign, it was forever sealed as my favorite sci-fi series and the sole reason I ever had an xbox.
Man me and my friends would system link our Xboxs every weekend or so 6-8 people on blood gulch BEST TIME EVER
(I'm gonna take the thread title a different way.)

For me it all started with Goldeneye 007, for the N64. That is the game that started my FPS obsession.
Halo: CE in 2001

I originally didn't want to get Halo when I was just a kid; I was uninterested. Dad, who isn't much a gamer, read a few reviews after he saw the original commercial and I think from then he was hooked. Now, he is the kind of guy who always showed interest in things I was interested in even if that included things he wasn't necessarily interested in himself. Anywho, he decided to make the executive decision and bought the game unbeknownst to me. I came home to the surprise of Halo: Combat Evolved on the shelf- I was still uninterested at this point, but he asked me just to play a few games with him because he saw there was co-op story. We loaded it up, started it off, and ever since the first mission I was hooked. We've played the campaigns together ever since.

Thanks to him I started getting into the Halo franchise's multiplayer. Started playing competitive multiplayer for Halo 2 and got good enough to make top 24 at a few events, and went on to make top 32 in Halo 3 a few times, as well. Now, I stopped playing as much in my mid teens due to my failing in school and dropped out of the eSport scene because of it.

Now, with Halo 2 coming back and maybe picking up a new following in the eSport world I can try to make top 16 like I dreamed as a teenager, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that I'm going to surprise Dad with a visit after the game drops, buy the Xbox One, and ask him to play all the campaigns with me if he is so inclined. I'll have to fly from California to Virgina to do it, but it's been a year since we've been in the same room so it is about damn time.

I know it is just a few games, but those games brought me a lot of joy, travel, and new experiences as I kid and I wouldn't have had those unless Dad had bucked up, read the reviews, and got it regardless of my interest. It's something both Dad and I got to share, and I'm sure many of you have similar experiences. I'm just so excited to share this new, yet nostalgic experience with a guy that has always been my hero.

So, once again, I started with Halo: CE in 2001 and so did Dad.
For me it was Halo CE back when it first came out. I didnt own it myself however because I didn't own a original Xbox my uncle did. So I wasn't able to actually own and play it fully until Halo 2 came out and I got it along with a Xbox and Halo CE for my birthday (or was it Christmas?)
God that was so long ago now I was only ever in grade school back then now here I am typing this as a college student.
Edit: Ka7aclysmiK that was a great story I hope you and your dad is completely blown away by the look of the cut scenes and how great everything will run!
Halo CE a month after release. I was 11 and also had to beg my mother. "it says it has blood and gore!" -_-
I had played a bit of CE at a friends and a bit of the PC version, but my Halo experience really started late Halo 2.
Halo 1, for xbox.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14