Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What happened to unlocked armor from OG Reach?

OP Dal Bone

So do we have access to armor pieces that we unlocked playing OG Reach?

Or are all players essentially reset to zero and we have to grind to unlock them again?
You start totally fresh with MCC Reach. It's a re-release and completely separate from 360 Reach.
It's a reset from zero
I just posted about this, it is really dumb that we have to unlock everything again, I hate PvP and yet if I want my character to look how I want in the story I'm forced to go through it all again, if they really dont fix this I'm going to say -Yoink- it and delete MCC from my Xbox
pALUCARDq wrote:
I just posted about this, it is really dumb that we have to unlock everything again, I hate PvP and yet if I want my character to look how I want in the story I'm forced to go through it all again, if they really dont fix this I'm going to say -Yoink- it and delete MCC from my Xbox
They've already explained the new progression system and how it works.

They will not be moving over players' progress from the 360 game.
Darth5shot wrote:
pALUCARDq wrote:

Thats not it, it doesnt matter if they are not moving that stuff over, the problem is that a LOT of people dont want to unlock it all again and just go through the story mode again, the fact that they are forcing people, some that hate PvP, to unlock it all again suck
pALUCARDq wrote:
One way or another they aren't going to make it transfer. Perhaps you could grind Firefight rather than PvP?
pALUCARDq wrote:
One way or another they aren't going to make it transfer. Perhaps you could grind Firefight rather than PvP?
I hope so, if I cant I really am going to be upset
I wish i could of keep the legendary armor effect. (I got it on the 360 version of reach from buying the halo reach legendary edition.) 😞 💔
I wish i could of keep the legendary armor effect. (I got it on the 360 version of reach from buying the halo reach legendary edition.) 😞 💔
It is still unlockable, if you're willing to grind a little in game ☺️
pALUCARDq wrote:
Darth5shot wrote:
pALUCARDq wrote:

Thats not it, it doesnt matter if they are not moving that stuff over, the problem is that a LOT of people dont want to unlock it all again and just go through the story mode again, the fact that they are forcing people, some that hate PvP, to unlock it all again suck
You do know remasters work right? It's a completely new game. It's like you people have been living under a rock since the original came out. Remasters or remakes don't entitle you to free copies if you own the original and they certainly don't entitle you to your past progression. Despite it being the same game it also isn't. We're lucky they were even able to get our old user created maps and gamemodes.

It would have been cool to get a nameplate or something for people who have played the original, but I'm not gonna cry because I have to unlock some armor again.
pALUCARDq wrote:
Wow, I bet MS and the devs will really care about you deleting the MCC......not 😂
Its mildly irritating to me that I have to re-unlock everything but in the end, it's just an excuse to play the game again so *shrug*

I do wish that we had some sort of nameplate or at least one specific armor unlocked.

Like when H5 was released I had Helioskrill already unlocked. I was pleasantly surprised.
Darth5shot wrote:
It is still unlockable, if you're willing to grind a little in game ☺️
At tier 93. Sighs...
Ok, my problem is that, 1. I have to play multiplayer to get the armor again, I really dont like multiplayer, PvP sucks in any game and co-op stuff is only good if you are playing with friends, and 2. all the armor was unlocked for the other games so I didnt keep a close eye on the Reach dlc other than if the armor was customizable unlike the other games, it just sucks that if I want Noble 6 to look one way in the story, I will have to spend weeks if not months to grind for it
pALUCARDq wrote:
Ok, my problem is that, 1. I have to play multiplayer to get the armor again, I really dont like multiplayer, PvP sucks in any game and co-op stuff is only good if you are playing with friends, and 2. all the armor was unlocked for the other games so I didnt keep a close eye on the Reach dlc other than if the armor was customizable unlike the other games, it just sucks that if I want Noble 6 to look one way in the story, I will have to spend weeks if not months to grind for it
I fail to see a problem in playing a game that you're planning on enjoying to unlock stuff lol.

To each his own, I guess. I'll have fun grinding the tiers.
Darth5shot wrote:
pALUCARDq wrote:
I fail to see a problem in playing a game that you're planning on enjoying to unlock stuff lol.

He just said he doesn't really enjoy the multiplayer, which you are forced to grind for unlocks, it'd be nice if you could get credits for campaign, playlists, firefight, and challenges.
Darth5shot wrote:
pALUCARDq wrote:

He just said he doesn't really enjoy the multiplayer, which you are forced to grind for unlocks, it'd be nice if you could get credits for campaign, playlists, firefight, and challenges.
You do get XP for Firefight. Just not custom Firefight.
pALUCARDq wrote:
This, exactly. Regardless of the fact that I’ve already done the grind a decade ago, I don’t care about progress transferring over, I just want all the armor unlocked already as the standard was set with the original 4 games. I get like 10 people complained about “not feeling like they EARNED the armor again” when MCC came out but most of us were happy with the immediate unlock. Especially in a game where the armor is reflected in the campaign. Not to mention the fact that there’s no new armor pieces to work toward. It’s all OG armor and that’s it. Even then, why not just immediately unlock all the old armor and make any new armor added to the game (if they do add any) something you have to work toward.

If people want to work toward unlocking the armor, they should be given the option. If people don’t want to work toward it, we should be able to unlock it all immediately. I don’t have the time anymore to grind those hours I did as a kid. There’s no way in hell I’ll reasonably get my legendary flame back at this point. The estimation I’ve heard is about 200 hours to get everything unlocked. I just don’t have that kind of time to spend anymore... I hope they do a full unlock down the line. If people want to work for it that’s fine, I want them to have that ability. But don’t stonewall the rest of us who just want to customize our dude in campaign for their fun.
pALUCARDq wrote:
This, exactly. Regardless of the fact that I’ve already done the grind a decade ago, I don’t care about progress transferring over, I just want all the armor unlocked already as the standard was set with the original 4 games. I get like 10 people complained about “not feeling like they EARNED the armor again” when MCC came out but most of us were happy with the immediate unlock. Especially in a game where the armor is reflected in the campaign. Not to mention the fact that there’s no new armor pieces to work toward. It’s all OG armor and that’s it. Even then, why not just immediately unlock all the old armor and make any new armor added to the game (if they do add any) something you have to work toward.

If people want to work toward unlocking the armor, they should be given the option. If people don’t want to work toward it, we should be able to unlock it all immediately. I don’t have the time anymore to grind those hours I did as a kid. There’s no way in hell I’ll reasonably get my legendary flame back at this point. The estimation I’ve heard is about 200 hours to get everything unlocked. I just don’t have that kind of time to spend anymore... I hope they do a full unlock down the line. If people want to work for it that’s fine, I want them to have that ability. But don’t stonewall the rest of us who just want to customize our dude in campaign for their fun.
Ok thank you, I am glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way, when I was a kid I had more time to grind PvP to get all the armor I wanted, but I also had friends that played the game with me so PvP wasnt so bad, but now all those friends either have moved on or just stopped playing games all together, if they wanted us to unlock the armor again, they should have done that just for Multiplayer and gave us the option to change how our characters look in the story with all the armor unlocked for that, it is really -Yoink- that they want us to unlock it all again if we ONLY got the game for its story mode. I just dont do PvP in any game anymore, hell I tried to play it last night for MCC, I didnt really have that much fun, forcing us to do something we dont even like just to get our story character to look how we want now is just really bad and I hope they give us a work around, hell I dont even care if I have to pay an extra $5 just to get all the armor for the story just give us some options for the people that only want to play the story.