Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What is your absolute favorite map in any game?

OP Ki11s0n3

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Can be lore wise or one you just love to play on. I think mine would have to be Cold Storage. I absolutely love the look of it. I love the fact that you can see the Flood spreading outside, but are trapped in. Doesn't hurt that the map plays really well and feels pretty balanced. I'm just sad I never see it in rotation when playing.
Guardian or the Pit, had some great times on those maps
Guardian or the Pit, had some great times on those maps
Yeah the pit is always fun to play on
I've always liked the BTB map called Headlong; it works with nearly every gametype (my favourite one is CTF), and contains all kinds of combat (air, turrets, snipers, warthogs, ghosts). In addition to that, I like the city ambience and the level structure, which leaves places to hide too and where you can dual-wield effectively.

As for the 2v2/4v4 environment, I'm really fond of Elongation and Turf/Ivory Tower, respectively.

However, finding the favourite maps in these games is a hard task and I'm sure I skipped one which I liked so much (they're mainly the H2 ones).
Lockout, hands down. Too many memories running customs all night on that map.
I may be breaking the rules, but here are my favorites by game:
HCE: Damnation
H2: Lockout
H3: Guardian
H4: Loading....
KayMrt wrote:
Lockout, hands down. Too many memories running customs all night on that map.
Yeah for Halo 2 Lockout is one of my favorites as well.
Probably Hang em High. For slayer it’s got plenty of places to dig in. On the blue side it’s very hard to dislodge someone from the office and I’ve gotten perfections from there and from the red base you have pretty much unlimited sniper ammo. King of the hill feels good on it because they’re often multiple paths to it. CTF gets absolutely bonkers on this map, it requires some good teamwork to get it all the way.

its full of tricks too. You can grab the rockets from the floor, you can made it to either base. Sniper can be naded to the red base (blue too but the margin for error is very small.). The red base can be reached by jumping on a tombstone and the blue side has a way to bring the flag around back if you’re good at crouch jumping.
Lore-wise: Halo 3 heretic, I am a Covenant fan, and being on the map just feels relaxing after a long day. Peaceful and quiet, admiring the ship itself, covenant fleet outside, and the planet.
Gameplay-wise: Perhaps sandtrap? It's the only map with movable bases, which I feel can really change a game at times, and has enough vehicles for some good fun.
The Pit is like the Nuketown of Halo.
Halo 2 Lockout.

I had a bunch of tricks and shorcuts specific to that level that I've never seen anyone else do.
Lol yeah, but good.
Halo 3 The Pit
Halo 2 Backwash or Headlong
Jesus Christ you’re right it is to
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Can be lore wise or one you just love to play on. I think mine would have to be Cold Storage. I absolutely love the look of it. I love the fact that you can see the Flood spreading outside, but are trapped in. Doesn't hurt that the map plays really well and feels pretty balanced. I'm just sad I never see it in rotation when playing.
Halo 2's Lockout is the Halo map that has always stood out the most to me. The eerie atmosphere of the map, how it compliments competitive play, and, of course, a certain sliding somebody.

I can't even count the amount of hours I've spent on this map over the years.
so many maps, so many choices... difficult to say whats my favourite.
blood gulch and sidewinder will always be special to me bc of the LAN memories i have with them....

but there are so many more maps i like
The Pit Hands down for me (I would play this in any Halo game) closely followed by Guardian, both sums up classic Halo slayer, also Valhalla is a blast 4 v 4 for a larger map
Death Island, just a great map for BTB
Waterworks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2