Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

What is your most memorable/special Halo moment

OP monarch100000

Mine was playing Halo reach on MCC on PC for the first time (After setting up my settings)
Playing split screen H3 with a buddy of mine in highschool. He passed away last year from an aggressive form of brain tumour. We must have spent hours playing H3 campaign together, finding the skulls, trying to beat the par times and scores. RIP Jack, I miss playing Xbox 360 with you my dude.
RA RA XD wrote:
Playing split screen H3 with a buddy of mine in highschool. He passed away last year from an aggressive form of brain tumour. We must have spent hours playing H3 campaign together, finding the skulls, trying to beat the par times and scores. RIP Jack, I miss playing Xbox 360 with you my dude.
I am sorry for your loss but the memories you made with your buddy will never forgotten
(Emotional feely stuff is hard to write without sounding rude or offensive )
Three stand out, all CE related.

First was playing CE on Christmas around when it first came out, being amazed by the new technology.

Second was the first time playing system link with 3 close friends multiple years later with a case of Coors light just fragging on the classics all night especially hang em.

Lastly another close friend and I would load up chill out nearly daily and play 1v1 with infinite nades on, somehow me always up in pink with sniper and him figuring out how to nade me.

Some of the best non-sports related memories of my childhood/early teens.
Yeah I do agree with you. Playing the new Halo games on PC for the first time is indeed my most recent memorable/ special Halo moment. I had been waiting for that for years.

But I would say my overall most memorable AND special Halo moments were with Halo 2. I remember when I was a kid and first found out about Halo 2. I remember watching the E3 demo for the first time and being blown away. I didn't have internet at the time, I saw it through the "Game Demos" on my copy of Halo CE. I remember when I got the game for the first time. Apparently, the guy at the store gave me the wrong disc. He gave me some kind of in store kiosk demo that would not play on my Xbox. When I finally got to play Halo 2 I remember thinking what the hell? because the game itself was nothing like the E3 demo. I remember playing the first Arbiter mission and accidentally killing some of my allies at the start because it didn't click that I was playing as an elite lol. I fondly remember Halo 2. I actually finished it before Halo CE (at the time I could not figure out how to get out of 343 Guilty Spark). I remember playing Halo 2 multiplayer for the first time. I played it over system link at Laserdome and my god what an experience that was!
I'll never forget when I discovered my love for Halo 2 multiplayer. I was playing 8v8 Assault on Zanzibar on Halo 2 Vista. Some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

In the last year I've really enjoyed playing 1v1s and duos online with my buddy.
I played a game on narrows back in 2010 in the team slayer playlist. I think I was ranked in the low 40s at the time. My team was winning, the score was 30-20 or something. The 2 top scorers on my team quit or lagged out or something. So now it's a 2v4 and the lead I had was rapidly going away. It was clear there wasn't much chance to win. My lone teammate starting killing himself and I noticed that suicides don't have any penalty. So I started jumping off the map as well. The strategy was clear, we hide or suicide and run the clock to win. We spawned together and used each others nades to suicide faster and I remember getting the option to boot. Very tempting considering it would make the strategy of running the clock easier, but I decide against it. The enemy team is slowly catching up, predicting spawns and getting kills here and there. With less a minute left the enemy team passes us, they have the lead by 1 kill. We have one chance to make a play. Somehow rockets are up bottom middle and there is no one top or bottom mid. I get the rockets push forward and get a double kill. I'm no shields and my teammate drops a bubble shield on me. Just in time too, because there's two guys pushing me. The clock runs out just as they reach the bubble and we win by one kill.
It has to be finally getting to Inheritor rank in Halo Reach. A very special moment indeed.

RA RA XD wrote:
Condolences my friend.
I have Two very fond memories.
I still remember quite clearly playing Halo 2 with my friend, the first time ever playing halo.
We were on the scarab at the end of Metropolis. A grunt was fleeing and saying "mommy!" or some ridiculous grunt fraze, and then my buddy cut him down with an energy sword, lol. Won't ever forget it.
The other is playing Halo Reach, and teaching my dad how to play, have spent more hours than I can count playing Fire Fight on Halo Reach. Probably my favorite halo game, besides Halo 3 ODST, and most likely Infinite.
LvUrFR3NZ puts it really well, "Halo 3 is Awesome!!"
Or as a zealous sangheili might put it "It is truly a gift from the gods!"
Black Friday 2011. My father woke me up around 4:30AM to go to Sam's Club. I had no idea other than experiencing a Black Friday morning for the first time. He said to bring the money I've saved up for a while, and to my sleepy yet surprised face there was an Xbox 360 Elite with Halo: Reach available. I had enough money, so it was a gift to last a lifetime.

I found my love for Halo that morning setting up the console, making an account, and downloading Reach all day due to old slow internet. After dinner that night it was still downloading, so me and my father went to Game Stop and bought a physical disc of Reach and a 2nd controller. I was able to play it the next day.

December 24th rolls around, bought Halo 3 at Best Buy for $8, then CEA, ODST, and later in November 2012 Halo 4. After that was Wars 1, then Spartan Assault, and an enjoyment of Halo. Made friends that I still play with, traded in the 360 for an Xbox One in 2014 with my father, got MCC a bit later and finally played Halo 2 for the first time.

Halo 5 releases in 2015, then on February 10th 2016, my father passes away. He was never really into games, played Madden occasionally on older systems (PS2, PS1, N64), never the 360. Mario Kart Wii was intense though. Without him I wouldn't have an Xbox, or found to like Halo as much as I do.

With a recent purchase of the Series X, these memories come back. My passion for games and Halo was never understood, as I didn't care much for sports as he did. So to the topic at hand, EVERY moment in Halo is special. And I can't wait until Infinite comes.
first one for me is playing halo ce with my friends when we were like, 7 or 8 and playing the levels

second one is playing halo 2's multiplayer over and over but also playing the first level on repeat because their copy was scratched and that was the only one we could play so we just enjoyed it

halo 3 was more of the new online and having fun with that, especially with custom gamemodes. as well as playing campaign to get all the skulls and unlocking all the armor, i remember looking up a list of the rings to jump through with my friends

halo odst, was def playing with my brothers while we put it up on a projector, it was really fun

Reach was the one i put the most hours into, customizing, playing juggernaut and forgemode with friends, as well as trying to replicate the odst drop pod things we saw on youtube, I'm like 70% sure i got reach on my birthday since it was released before it like a few days.

Reach was personally my more favorite one because of the more indepth customization and stuff