Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What's generally considered the best loadout?

OP AllenBIH

In halo 4.

Thanks in advance.
I think it's a preference, maybe the noob combo? (Rifle such as DMR or BR and a plasma pistol).
If you have good aim and a fast trigger finger then: Carbine > pretty much anything else.
Wasupy08 wrote:
If you have good aim and a fast trigger finger then: Carbine > pretty much anything else.
Carbine would be better if descoping was in H4. You have to land more bullets for a kill but the faster rate of fire means missing is less punishing. From memory it kills faster than the BR by a minuscule amount and if you hesitate on a shot or miss a shot it immediately kills slower than the BR. Having to hit more shots and hit them at a higher rate of fire means you're more likely to miss if they're strafing and even if missing with the carbine is less punishing you're more likely to eat that punishment in duels and because the killtimes are so close that tiny bit of punishment means you lose the duel. It's not a bad gun at all though and if it works then it works but to say it's the best gun is a little silly.

AllenBIH wrote:
In halo 4.
Build different loadouts for different situations and cover for the weak points in your loadout. Anyhow here's what I use:

Arena Maps - Battle Rifle, Magnum, Frags, Thruster Pack, Resupply, Dexterity. Swap the Magnum for a Boltshot you'd have a fairly standard arena loadout. Jetpack and Promethean Vision are alternate armour abilities you could take in a standard arena loadout.

Situational - Light Rifle, Assault Rifle, Frags, Active Camo, Firepower, Ammo. Camo is good at long range and I like frags best, apart from that this loadout tries to mitigate the weaknesses of the Light Rifle.

Big Team - DMR, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Active Camo, Resupply, Stability. Plasma Grenades are for sticking vehicles after you stun them with the Plasma Pistol. You could use Dexterity or Awareness instead of Stability but this is a fairly standard Big Team loadout.

King of the Hill - Storm Rifle, Magnum, Pulse Grenade, Regeneration Field, AA Efficiency, Explosives. This is what I use if I wanna play the hill. Pulse Grenades aren't that good but they can cover an entrypoint on defence and they can cover a decent portion of the hill on attack. AA Efficiency helps to cover for the long recharge time of the Regeneration Field and Explosives helps mitigate some of the damage taken when the enemy throws grenades on the hill when defending.
I personally enjoy starting with the BR and bolt shot.
Wasupy08 wrote:
Carbine would be better if descoping was in H4. You have to land more bullets for a kill but the faster rate of fire means missing is less punishing. From memory it kills faster than the BR by a minuscule amount and if you hesitate on a shot or miss a shot it immediately kills slower than the BR. Having to hit more shots and hit them at a higher rate of fire means you're more likely to miss if they're strafing and even if missing with the carbine is less punishing you're more likely to eat that punishment in duels and because the killtimes are so close that tiny bit of punishment means you lose the duel. It's not a bad gun at all though and if it works then it works but to say it's the best gun is a little silly.

AllenBIH wrote:
In halo 4.
Build different loadouts for different situations and cover for the weak points in your loadout. Anyhow here's what I use:

Arena Maps - Battle Rifle, Magnum, Frags, Thruster Pack, Resupply, Dexterity. Swap the Magnum for a Boltshot you'd have a fairly standard arena loadout. Jetpack and Promethean Vision are alternate armour abilities you could take in a standard arena loadout.

Situational - Light Rifle, Assault Rifle, Frags, Active Camo, Firepower, Ammo. Camo is good at long range and I like frags best, apart from that this loadout tries to mitigate the weaknesses of the Light Rifle.

Big Team - DMR, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Active Camo, Resupply, Stability. Plasma Grenades are for sticking vehicles after you stun them with the Plasma Pistol. You could use Dexterity or Awareness instead of Stability but this is a fairly standard Big Team loadout.

King of the Hill - Storm Rifle, Magnum, Pulse Grenade, Regeneration Field, AA Efficiency, Explosives. This is what I use if I wanna play the hill. Pulse Grenades aren't that good but they can cover an entrypoint on defence and they can cover a decent portion of the hill on attack. AA Efficiency helps to cover for the long recharge time of the Regeneration Field and Explosives helps mitigate some of the damage taken when the enemy throws grenades on the hill when defending.
Thank You so much.
I use BR, Boltshot, plasma grenade, thruster pack, infinite sprint, and faster reload speed as my multi-purpose, go-to loadout. It's very effective if you're all about attacking the enemy head on, and is the best in practically every situation. I also have loadouts for certain jobs, such as sniping, sneaking, defending, and driving/carrying turrets, but if I can't decide, I use my BR 'n' Boltshot combo.
Here's a somewhat off topic question but related to the thread: what's the population of the dedicated Halo 4 playlist like? I've been thinking of getting into it but I don't want to get all pumped for it only to find no one's playing.

EDIT: Actually nvm, I don't wanna thread jack. I'll just make a new thread.
My preferred loadout
- DMR
-Plasma pistol
-Frag
-Camo
-Mobility/Firepower (when I want another primary weapon)
-Ammo/ recharge
Weapons: BR + Boltshot is the best
Grenade: Frags
AA: I use jetpack, thruster and Promethean Vision is also used by a lot of good players.
Perks : Resupply and Reflexes are good.

I have a few other loadouts which are basically the same thing with only minor changes. Such as one with Ammo perk, if the map has a lot of power weapons. I have one with mobility that I only ever use on Adrift and only at the start of the game, so I can get to the overshield first. If you play BTB it's good to have a loadout with a PP and stickies as well as Wheelman.

I have a 50 in the Halo 4 playlist that I got searching solo, so this loadout is tried and true.
Weapons: BR + Boltshot is the best
Grenade: Frags
AA: I use jetpack, thruster and Promethean Vision is also used by a lot of good players.
Perks : Resupply and Reflexes are good.

I have a few other loadouts which are basically the same thing with only minor changes. Such as one with Ammo perk, if the map has a lot of power weapons. I have one with mobility that I only ever use on Adrift and only at the start of the game, so I can get to the overshield first. If you play BTB it's good to have a loadout with a PP and stickies as well as Wheelman.

I have a 50 in the Halo 4 playlist that I got searching solo, so this loadout is tried and true.
oh wow...

I wouldn't want to be playing against you.

I played against a 50 the other day. I must have died 3 times a minute.
Does anyone play halo 5 mult more then 4 and think that the hot box in halo 4 when sniping is tiny? I can’t seem to hit my shots unless I’m playing local where I beat everyone else. Maybe it’s just lag?
Does anyone play halo 5 mult more then 4 and think that the hot box in halo 4 when sniping is tiny? I can’t seem to hit my shots unless I’m playing local where I beat everyone else. Maybe it’s just lag?
This is almost a 4 year old thread my guy
Anything that breaks the game lmao. Cough boltshot
I wouldn't post on a almost 4 year old thread that should be locked my guy I honestly don't know how the other guy managed to dig it up
I wouldn't post on a almost 4 year old thread that should be locked my guy I honestly don't know how the other guy managed to dig it up
Oh snap I'm dumb I didn't even realize:(