Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

What so special about Map control?

OP BlueishCone9161

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
ronnie42 wrote:
Map control adds a layer of skill and rewards proper map controllingSo pretty much in my vision another way of spawn killing but people allow it you cant do that much and in some map It SCREAMS map control which sucks. People who just do map control preffer playing map control maps and hate maps were theres no map control
Map control is fine for fighting over objectives and taking vehicles but spawn killing is still seen as cheating, regardless of if some claim it's a legit strategy. The best thing anyone can do when doing this is just report them, move on. Some like to claim spawn killing is 'fair'...but giving the opposing team no option to play is an unfair advantage exploit, would go against the T & D. As far as I'm concerned if I see this with fake 50's exploiting this then I'm fine with them having their ranks completely reset.
Spawn killing has been a thing since the dawn of shooters. You keep the enemy team at their base so they can’t get your obj
And spawn killing has been bannable for a very long time too. Gamers don't get to choose the rules.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Map control adds a layer of skill and rewards proper map controllingSo pretty much in my vision another way of spawn killing but people allow it you cant do that much and in some map It SCREAMS map control which sucks. People who just do map control preffer playing map control maps and hate maps were theres no map control
Map control is fine for fighting over objectives and taking vehicles but spawn killing is still seen as cheating, regardless of if some claim it's a legit strategy. The best thing anyone can do when doing this is just report them, move on. Some like to claim spawn killing is 'fair'...but giving the opposing team no option to play is an unfair advantage exploit, would go against the T & D. As far as I'm concerned if I see this with fake 50's exploiting this then I'm fine with them having their ranks completely reset.
Spawn killing has been a thing since the dawn of shooters. You keep the enemy team at their base so they can’t get your obj
And spawn killing has been bannable for a very long time too. Gamers don't get to choose the rules.
I don’t think anyone has been banned for spawn killing. I doubt it’s bannable
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's in the report system for the Xbox. Either way it's still against T & D.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Nobody in the entire history of halo online multiplayer has been banned for spawn killing. It has NEVER happened. People spawn kill in HCS tournament play live on stream, they don't get banned they get paid.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Nobody in the entire history of halo online multiplayer has been banned for spawn killing. It has NEVER happened. People spawn kill in HCS tournament play live on stream, they don't get banned they get paid.
Spawn killing is a great tactic to use in objective game types. There is nothing wrong with it in my opinion. The problem occurs when players do not score the objective while they are spawn killing. Holding the objective to abuse the other team is griefing and that is definitely against the rules. This behavior is what makes many halo players toxic.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's in the report system for the Xbox. Either way it's still against T & D.
Ok man if it makes you happy. It only wastes your time
HC SOlO wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Spawn killing is a great tactic to use in objective game types. There is nothing wrong with it in my opinion. The problem occurs when players do not score the objective while they are spawn killing. Holding the objective to abuse the other team is griefing and that is definitely against the rules. This behavior is what makes many halo players toxic.
Umm ok, well regardless... if I see people doing this I will just report and move on.
Cause having map control is like Obi Wan Kenobi having the high ground, it’s the best way to achieve a victory of over your opponent
Its literally exactly like that. Positioning is actually important in games especially with contested objective zones and chokepoints.
HC SOlO wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
H5 Warzone was a great example of this when Achilles came out. In one day Warzone became nothing but spawn killing and ignoring objectives so that you could run the whole time farming. THAT should be bankable as it literally ruined the entire mode.

But spawn killing AND playing the objective is different as you are doing it to win and not exploit mode for commendations.
HC SOlO wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
H5 Warzone was a great example of this when Achilles came out. In one day Warzone became nothing but spawn killing and ignoring objectives so that you could run the whole time farming. THAT should be bankable as it literally ruined the entire mode.

But spawn killing AND playing the objective is different as you are doing it to win and not exploit mode for commendations.
I missed h5 but I took a look at the requirements for Achilles no wonder people spawn kills it’s the only way to get them efficiently they look Grundy as hell I don’t blame the players they will always use the faster method
HC SOlO wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

I missed h5 but I took a look at the requirements for Achilles no wonder people spawn kills it’s the only way to get them efficiently they look Grundy as hell I don’t blame the players they will always use the faster method
Oh definitely, I blame 343i more for that instance. But it was a pretty good example of when Spawn killing can get out of hand.
HC SOlO wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

Oh definitely, I blame 343i more for that instance. But it was a pretty good example of when Spawn killing can get out of hand.
It was the better way to get X amount of vehicle kills(anytime with a brain) Getting a new game and having to set it up again takes time
You'll probably hate CE. It's 90% map control. Some of the maps in that game can expose how too much of a good thing can be bad. If it makes you feel any better I just lost 8 matches in a row because of it. It didn't matter how good I was with the pistol. The other teams just run around with rockets and camo.
Anyway. I think Halo 3 had the perfect balance between individual gun skill and map control. You had to be good at both. Every game in Halo 3 feels like a chess match. It isn't the most popular halo for nothing.
I dont hate CE and the times the map controllers begin i can easly kill them because the magnum so danm op
If it works, people are gonna do it. Just get better at doing it than them. So "get gud"
HC SOlO wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I DIsagree and Not respect your opinion because spawn killing is wrong but i will not argue until i reach my post limit
HC SOlO wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I DIsagree and Not respect your opinion because spawn killing is wrong but i will not argue until i reach my post limit
You don't need to argue. It is a valid tactic.
MCC H4 reduces emphasis on map control through ordnance drops.

H5 warzone reduces emphasis on map control (kind of sort of) through req stations and direct spawning in vehicles.

MCC Reach Invasion Mode reduces emphasis on map control (kind of sort of) through buddy spawning.

If you're looking for a Halo to play that fits your preferences for reduced emphasis on map control, you're covered 😁. Oh and they're all in Game Pass, so you probably don't even have to buy anything.
HC SOlO wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
In CTF, pulling the flag before you have some degree of control over the enemy spawns is usually a poor idea. The same is true for bringing the bomb in to plant during assault.

Spawn killing for an entire round is wrong. Positioning yourself and your team to force the enemy team into a high number of respawns counting down at the same time, and having influence on where those spawns happen, is the best way to execute objective modes well.

Map control and spawn influence is one of the foundational pillars of Halo Arena Gameplay.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2