Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

whats with all the Griefing in firefight ODST

OP the 2kx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
soooo... quick question and maybe there should be a fix for this but. I've ran into a few players killing them self's over and over wasting life's and its vary not cool. you think there could be a fix that makes it boot you if you kill your self or even a team vote to kick its not like this happens once or twice its happened a few times... and now im just sick of it
There was another thread about this posted recently, I'd advise a mod to lock this and the OP to continue the conversation there.
Anima Pura wrote:
There was another thread about this posted recently, I'd advise a mod to lock this and the OP to continue the conversation there.
couldn't find anything related by searching, should link next time lol, but people probably just trynna grind the wave runner challenges, to answer this question. I think next season they prob gonna make a better report tool, no clue though just block them after the game.
They do it to do the Wave Runner challenges. You should be booted if you suicide in quick secession.
Noseos wrote:
They do it to do the Wave Runner challenges. You should be booted if you suicide in quick secession.
Yup! The challenge only requires the game to end not finish. I mean, I get why. Matches in ODST are not quick nor that easy for a lot of players. Imagine getting to the final boss wave after 25+ minutes of playing then losing and the match not counting.

The best solution I see is too many suicides boots you. Or a vote to kick, but I'm not sure that's even possible.
Noseos wrote:
It’s a grindy challenge 30 mins a game x 30 games is a lot of time.
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
Yeah they kinda messed that up making that a challenge. They could have figured out a better way.
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
Yeah they kinda messed that up making that a challenge. They could have figured out a better way.
well i think the dev's are expecting you to play the game the whole way though even if it takes 30 mins a game
the 2kx wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
well i think the dev's are expecting you to play the game the whole way though even if it takes 30 mins a game
People will find efficient ways to get things done it’s the nature of people.
the 2kx wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
The devs have access to a plethora of telemetrics. They can see how player behaviors change in response to challenges and rewards. Either they create a ban system to properly punish griefers or they design challenges that promote the player to actively engage and play. Complete X number of matches is the perfect AFK bait across every game with an online mode.
the 2kx wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
The devs have access to a plethora of telemetrics. They can see how player behaviors change in response to challenges and rewards. Either they create a ban system to properly punish griefers or they design challenges that promote the player to actively engage and play. Complete X number of matches is the perfect AFK bait across every game with an online mode.
If it’s engaging and fun people don’t mind the grind. Ff in odst I wouldn’t trust with random people do it with 3 buddys
Never happened before... The people die, sure, but as a normal way when fighting enemies.
the 2kx wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
devs across many titles, sight telemetics, tracking player behaviour ect ect yet all across the gaming platforms with years and years of data still make some really awkward and downright laughable solutions.
the 2kx wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
The best solution I've heard someone suggest is "kill x number of enemies during the last wave."

You have to actively do something, so you can't just afk for it. And because it's only in the last wave players wasting life's wouldn't get challenge progress.
the 2kx wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
The best solution I've heard someone suggest is "kill x number of enemies during the last wave."

You have to actively do something, so you can't just afk for it. And because it's only in the last wave players wasting life's wouldn't get challenge progress.
That would be a major pain to get. Getting the 10 chieftien kills is already annoying in mm the weekly one. For a challenge like that it you would have to go in with a party of 4 and let one guy get all the kills
I've encountered this plenty since the release of ODST FF, but it's usually been just the lone gunman trying to ruin everyone's fun or speed past a Challenge. Today I encountered a trio with matching gamertags, emblems, and clan tags. They betrayed each other until there were no lives left and the last one tried to kill me. He met his demise and I was able to report them all, then I begrudgingly finished the wave knowing it would bring them back for them to do it all over again. I was right in the end and the game had to end prematurely due to their tactic. While I don't condone their actions I can see why they would want to get some challenges done as efficiently as possible, I do my best to get most, if not all, challenges done in a quick and efficient manner, even coming up with strategies to tell my friends should they feel inclined to get some more experience and season points. But I do it with good sportsmanship in mind. Never would I end a game early, even if I completed my challenge during the round or set.

As a side note, if they were doing this for a Seasonal Challenge as mentioned above, it would be for Hot Dropper as it is ODST FF only, while Wave Runner can be done in either Reach FF or ODST FF.

Edit: I would also like some kind of vote to kick feature, but it would have to only be made available after a certain amount of suicides are registered, kind of like the Betrayal Boot system. This may be a tall order to fulfill though and may never be implemented, but it sure would be nice. I think for now we'll just have to keep on going the way we have been and report and block these players then hope we don't match with them again in a cooperative game mode.
I've encountered this plenty since the release of ODST FF, but it's usually been just the lone gunman trying to ruin everyone's fun or speed past a Challenge. Today I encountered a trio with matching gamertags, emblems, and clan tags. They betrayed each other until there were no lives left and the last one tried to kill me. He met his demise and I was able to report them all, then I begrudgingly finished the wave knowing it would bring them back for them to do it all over again. I was right in the end and the game had to end prematurely due to their tactic. While I don't condone their actions I can see why they would want to get some challenges done as efficiently as possible, I do my best to get most, if not all, challenges done in a quick and efficient manner, even coming up with strategies to tell my friends should they feel inclined to get some more experience and season points. But I do it with good sportsmanship in mind. Never would I end a game early, even if I completed my challenge during the round or set.

As a side note, if they were doing this for a Seasonal Challenge as mentioned above, it would be for Hot Dropper as it is ODST FF only, while Wave Runner can be done in either Reach FF or ODST FF.

Edit: I would also like some kind of vote to kick feature, but it would have to only be made available after a certain amount of suicides are registered, kind of like the Betrayal Boot system. This may be a tall order to fulfill though and may never be implemented, but it sure would be nice. I think for now we'll just have to keep on going the way we have been and report and block these players then hope we don't match with them again in a cooperative game mode.
If you knew bringing them back was a bad idea why not end it? Seeing as those 3 didn’t want to finish it
Bobross343 wrote:

If you knew bringing them back was a bad idea why not end it? Seeing as those 3 didn’t want to finish it
Intentionally killing myself or having myself killed doesn't sit well with me. Besides, I was able to boot one of them so at least one didn't earn experience and experienced the penalty for betraying.
Bobross343 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
The 'Wave Runner' challenge can be done in Reach firefight doubles. There's only 5 waves to play and each game can last 5 minutes or less. It's even shorter if you get crashsite. Just 10 ODST firefight games are needed for 'Hot Dropper' which is hardly a grind.
It shouldn’t really cost lives in general if you kill yourself
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2