Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

When do LASO achievements unlock?

OP Virulent Ending

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I started the LASO playlist and beat the Halo CE section of it and never got the achievement for it. Do I get the achievement once I complete the entire playlist which contains Halo CE through 4, or is it just broken?
You have to beat each individual LASO playlist. Did you do that for CE is that what you mean? Or are you doing that playlist that goes through all the campaigns as one that has all the skulls on (can't remember its name)?
You have to beat each individual LASO playlist. Did you do that for CE is that what you mean? Or are you doing that playlist that goes through all the campaigns as one that has all the skulls on (can't remember its name)?
I did the one that has all the campaigns in it with all skulls on.
There's your issue sorry. As I said, you need to do the individual playlists.
Damn... Is there any reason to complete the playlist that I was doing that has them all, or is that just a pointless playlist?
Damn... Is there any reason to complete the playlist that I was doing that has them all, or is that just a pointless playlist?
Honestly I'm not sure if there's an achievement tied to that one or not. I don't think there is, I think it's more of a completionists thing but I don't know for certain.
Honestly I'm not sure if there's an achievement tied to that one or not. I don't think there is, I think it's more of a completionists thing but I don't know for certain.
Looks like it's round 2. 343i, fetch me my red shirt and brown pants. -s a l t-
Why this oversight is still here and hasn’t been adjusted yet, 7 years later baffles me.

Feel bad for you OP
-
Looks like it's round 2. 343i, fetch me my red shirt and brown pants. -s a l t-
All the best for round 2 buddy.
There’s no reason to complete that playlist.
All the achievements are tied to the individual playlists.
Best of luck in round two!
Big time bummer dude!
Sorry to hear that man, sucks but if you did it once you should be able to do it again. CE laso in my view is the second hardest behind H2 so you shouldn't have any issues with the others.
Man that's bad, sorry it happened to you, but that's how things are. Honestly 343 should put a disclaimer in there, so people who want to unlock the achievements know right away that this isn't the playlist for them.

Luckily, outside T&R, Halo CE isn't too bad overall. But T&R was hell, I just refuse to do it again. The part where you need to defend Keyes in particular is utterly insane.
Two Betrayals can also be a slog, unless you use the Banshee glitch. Either way, just be thankful that you won't have to worry about Keyes.
Man that's bad, sorry it happened to you, but that's how things are. Honestly 343 should put a disclaimer in there, so people who want to unlock the achievements know right away that this isn't the playlist for them.

Luckily, outside T&R, Halo CE isn't too bad overall. But T&R was hell, I just refuse to do it again. The part where you need to defend Keyes in particular is utterly insane.
Two Betrayals can also be a slog, unless you use the Banshee glitch. Either way, just be thankful that you won't have to worry about Keyes.
Truth and Reconciliation was probably one of this heaviest RNG dependant missions there was. I'm not sure which I'm dreading more Truth and Reconciliation, or the Library. Maybe it'll be easier the second time around.
Truth and Reconciliation was probably one of this heaviest RNG dependant missions there was. I'm not sure which I'm dreading more Truth and Reconciliation, or the Library. Maybe it'll be easier the second time around.
Definitely T&R for me. Keyes is just dumb. No joke. He died because he himself ran into enemy fire? Too bad, go back to the beginning....

Honestly, Keyes alone is enough reason why the Iron skull needs to go from CE. I know you can save and quit, and probably its better than to start over, but its still a waste of time. It is gruesome enough as it is without it.
Definitely T&R for me. Keyes is just dumb. No joke. He died because he himself ran into enemy fire? Too bad, go back to the beginning....

Honestly, Keyes alone is enough reason why the Iron skull needs to go from CE. I know you can save and quit, and probably its better than to start over, but its still a waste of time. It is gruesome enough as it is without it.
What worked for me the first time around was making Keyes and friends follow me all the way back to the farthest hallway, and then rushing up to clear new hallways as Keyes tries to keep up. I'm about to give that part another go as I got a checkpoint after freeing Keyes to take a break.

I do remember my first time on legendary being rough as Keyes was prone to acting as a meat shield. His AI is very dumb.

What worked for me the first time around was making Keyes and friends follow me all the way back to the farthest hallway, and then rushing up to clear new hallways as Keyes tries to keep up. I'm about to give that part another go as I got a checkpoint after freeing Keyes to take a break.

I do remember my first time on legendary being rough as Keyes was prone to acting as a meat shield. His AI is very dumb.
Truth and Rec is a marathon of a mission even on regular legendary yet alone laso. The first room in the ship was an absolute RNG nightmare, my buddy and I were probably stuck in there for an hour and half at least, maybe even 2 hours. Just with the grunt funeral skull plus gernades on the group blowing up was horrible.

Once you get the gernade jump in the hangar bay it gets a bit better. The Keyes rescue took us a few tries, when the initial grunts and cloaked elites killed Keyes from an explosion chain reaction. One time luckily keyes was in one of the jail cells and a grunt caused a chain reaction and all the marines died except for Keyes. If you do the level on co op he only follows one player, so I hung back while my buddy cleared the hallways. The only other tricky part was the final elite room. We ended up taking about 4.5 hours total which sucked but we made it.

All in all the top 5 worst missions for me in Laso were Gravemind (7 hours), Two Betrayals (6 hours), Truth and Rec (4.5 hours), Cairo Station (4 hours) and the Library (3.75 hours). If you can beat those levels in Laso, most of the other levels will be two hours or less.
Truth and Rec is a marathon of a mission even on regular legendary yet alone laso. The first room in the ship was an absolute RNG nightmare, my buddy and I were probably stuck in there for an hour and half at least, maybe even 2 hours. Just with the grunt funeral skull plus gernades on the group blowing up was horrible.

Once you get the gernade jump in the hangar bay it gets a bit better. The Keyes rescue took us a few tries, when the initial grunts and cloaked elites killed Keyes from an explosion chain reaction. One time luckily keyes was in one of the jail cells and a grunt caused a chain reaction and all the marines died except for Keyes. If you do the level on co op he only follows one player, so I hung back while my buddy cleared the hallways. The only other tricky part was the final elite room. We ended up taking about 4.5 hours total which sucked but we made it.

All in all the top 5 worst missions for me in Laso were Gravemind (7 hours), Two Betrayals (6 hours), Truth and Rec (4.5 hours), Cairo Station (4 hours) and the Library (3.75 hours). If you can beat those levels in Laso, most of the other levels will be two hours or less.
I actually did it without the hangar bay overshield grenade jump/skip. I fought my way to the top because I couldn't do it right.

There's a room with a camo power up in an empty jail block behind the raised bit of floor. I use that after clearing the hallways with grunt funeral blasts to beat down the 3 elites where the proto gravemind ends up forming later. Once the hallways are clear as long as that power up hasn't been used you can trivialize the camo elite encounter. Granted there is RNG in that room for the spacing of the camo elites. You might need to snipe one of the three if you ran out of camo before they were killed.

Two Betrayals took even longer the second time around. I had really bad RNG on the rocket flood bridge. On my first run one of the two banshees got blown out of the sky immediately and both rocket flood stayed where they spawned at the back of the bridge. Second time around both banshees were luring the rocket flood to the entry way I came from lmao.
Oh yeah that room is also a nightmare. Again, you had to pray that the Grunts would kill all enemies with the explosions. They didn't? Too bad, go back to the beginning..

I probably spent like 7 hours on this mission. Maybe even more. I have no problem doing it on regular legendary, but LASO, screw it, I refuse to do it again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2