Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Where is custom games browser?

OP IgotTSondabrain

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We were told well over a year ago that one would be coming to MCC eventually and then a few months ago it got mentioned in an update but nothing since.

does ANYONE know what is going on with this? If you want to increase the population you need to get on this, 343.
I believe that flights for this feature are gonna be starting soon
It's either A. in the next season update or B. that's when it's flighting might start. I do hope they add it soon so more maps can see the light of day made by players instead of custom groups just putting on the same custom rotation
Work on it paused while all the games were brought to PC, but development did start up again towards the end of last year. They were hoping to get a flight out for it by the end of the year, but that was pushed to the early this year:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-retrospective-december-2020
Quote:
GLOBAL FEATURES AND DEVELOPMENT STATUS
Actively In Development
  • Custom Game Browser: On track for early 2021
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Can't wait to seamlessly quick search custom infection matches on Reach & 3 they gotta add some custom game challenges when this comes out
I hope they heavily market the custom browser.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MCC loses 50%+ of active player potential on launch because of not being able to browse customs.

It’s sad that it has taken this long, and I just hope the word reaches enough people at this point.
Yup I’m all for custom infection games and some husky raid
343 Spends time in their games, they want to make it perfect for us now since we’ve given them tons of hate already and they’re realising what they’re doing.
Hope it's good so I can start hosting customs again when it arrives
We were told well over a year ago that one would be coming to MCC eventually and then a few months ago it got mentioned in an update but nothing since.

does ANYONE know what is going on with this? If you want to increase the population you need to get on this, 343.
If all goes according to plan, Insiders may have a chance to flight-test the browser in the next Flight. That said, its not a garuntee.

Season 5 put too many expectations forward that ultimately were not yet ready to be implemented.

Regardless its not a matter of *if* the browser will come, but *when*.
I just hope it comes soon so we can get more customs, while halobase is fantastic hosts are still limited solely to steam players and there are so little players doing customs right now that I usually can't get a full lobby going even when mine's the only server up. An official browser would give us a lot more lobbies hosted by console and xbox store players and we may even see an increase in players playing customs. I just find it weird how its taking 343 so long to do something that it took the community a month to do
I wonder if they are going to test each game individually, first Halo Reach , then Halo CE and so on. I really do hope that they will take their time to make the custom browser and make sure that everything works for all games.
If you read the description of it, you will be disappointed that it is not anything like a traditional game browser:
Spoiler:
Show
You don't even get a pre-game lobby, but instead are forced into a Slayer match. Why?

MCC is a massive player base made up of players from different niches over two decades and six Halo titles.

All the community wanted was a way to organize and grow our niche player groups. The classic game browser allows us that.

Once again 343 doesn't get it, and will ship something off the mark that doesn't allow players to truly connect. Die-hard fans so badly want to play this game. Yet we sit here with our Xboxes off, complaining on these forums..
TROPSTOP wrote:
If you read the description of it, you will be disappointed that it is not anything like a traditional game browser:
Spoiler:
Show
You don't even get a pre-game lobby, but instead are forced into a Slayer match. Why?

MCC is a massive player base made up of players from different niches over two decades and six Halo titles.

All the community wanted was a way to organize and grow our niche player groups. The classic game browser allows us that.

Once again 343 doesn't get it, and will ship something off the mark that doesn't allow players to truly connect. Die-hard fans so badly want to play this game. Yet we sit here with our Xboxes off, complaining on these forums..
So having Pre-Game Lobbies vs having Battle Royale style queue lobbies is what’s going to prevent the CBR from letting the community “organize and grow niche player groups”? Sorry, but I don’t see it.
I just want the CGB ASAP! sheese we really need it!
I am pretty sure they said the flights for it would begin soon
I am pretty sure they said the flights for it would begin soon
Really? How soon is soon?
Hope it's good so I can start hosting customs again when it arrives
You and me too brother, I don't care for the social games area ( don't like the rules ). I may play it only when I'm board and never played for more than an hour at a time I have 12 Custom Maps all ready to go. 4 of them are in Reach, 2 in Halo 2A, 3 in Halo 3 and 3 in Halo 4. I will be running a Capture The Flag Server only when the custom game browser is released.
I was so excited when I initially saw the announcement after almost no word since before launch, but the next day I noticed the wording that actually says players will be a able to start a custom game that will be run on 343 servers, which is massively different from actually having community-hosted dedicated servers. If this is the case, then it'll unfortunately leave these games relegated almost solely to the "Let's play Griffball!" or "Let's play with a mod!" category, rather than what most players think of, which is the tool from which a game's community grows. While being able to play on a non-P2P connection is of course a good thing, this setup doesn't allow for a match to continue without the original host, meaning that players will just have to hope that someone else decided to host the match they wanted when they get on. I'm sure many of us here have been part of various game-communities that include the real community-hosted dedicated server feature and thus understand what the difference here means. Unlike say, in Halo CE on PC, where maps like Extinction, Coldsnap, Snow Grove, and more became just as featured as classics like Blood Gulch and Coldsnap, any custom content that MCC develops through mods will still be relegated to the "Let's get two or three friends together and fly Pelicans!" category, being almost more of a gimmick than the foundational building-blocks that one might expect from games that allow for community-hosted dedicated servers. On paper, it just looks like a tiny wording difference, but it really is a case of being so close but worlds away.

We're so close to the feature that'll allow the MCC to reach the potential we all hoped for since first announcement and after waiting this long with the promise of its inclusion, it's definitely pretty disheartening to see what we're currently actually getting, but hopefully as long as we keep making sure to voice these concerns, 343 will take notice. We know there are peeps from the original CE PC community working there, so they definitely understand what the MCC is missing, lacking such a feature and hopefully will lobby for it's inclusion as well.

Here's hoping!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2