Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] Which are the hardest mission on every halo?

OP Dp 61103 WC MLG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I was wondering if anyone could answer this, i think each halo has a very thought mission, so whic are they? If you include halo 5 would be better!
I'll update this as people respond.

CE: Truth and Reconciliation
2: Gravemind
3: Cortana
4: Midnight (I thought Infinity was worse, though.)
ODST: Coastal Highway
Reach: The Pillar of Autumn
Wars: Scarab(?)
5: ?
Spartan Assault: ?
Spartan Strike: ?

This is assuming the game is being played on Legendary.
For me it's:
CE: the Library, until you learn how to do it. Truth and Reconciliation is consistently worse though once you understand the Library and it requires the most skill. The Maw can be tough also.
2: Regret, although many people will also mention Cairo Station or the Gravemind. Lots of hard missions on 2, with most people agreeing that, over all, it's the hardest Halo on legendary.
3: Cortana
4: Infinity
Halo CE: ToR
Halo 2: Metropolis and Gravemind
Halo 3: Cortana
Halo 3 ODST: Coastal Highway
  • Halo CE: Truth and Reconciliation and Two Betrayals and the Library.
  • Halo 2: Gravemind, Quarantine Zone, High Charity and Uprising.
  • Halo 3: Cortana.
  • Halo 3 ODST: Coastal Highway (The third easiest campaign in the saga).
  • Halo Reach: The Pillar of Autumn.
  • Halo 4: Forerunner (The second easiest campaign in the saga).
  • Halo 5 Guardians: Guardians (The first easiest campaign in the saga).
Check this :D
Halo Combat Evolved: Assault to the Control Room\Two Betrayals (Yesterday, I tried to get the Speed Reader achievement. It was extremely easy XD)
Halo 2: Gravemind (My favorite mission of the game)
Halo 3: Tough choice, but ultimately, Cortana
Halo Wars: To test
Halo 3 ODST: It's been a long time since I touched the campaign in Legendary, so I'm not sure
Halo Reach: ONI Sword Base, The Pillar of Autumn
Halo 4: Midnight (Most people would say Requiem, but I almost managed to complete the mission without dying (If it wasn't for the Jackals))
Halo 5 Guardians: Haven't played
Halo Wars 2: Haven't played

BONUS
Halo SPV3: Two Betrayals
At this point I think that we can agree that "Gravemind" is the toughest mission of all
gravemind the most horrible level
Hardest of all the games: Truth and Reconciliation, Assault on the Control Room, and Two Betrayals. Gravemind isn't so bad unless you play co op.
Jestzer wrote:
I'll update this as people respond.

CE: Truth and Reconciliation (although I think Two Betrayals is worse.)
3: Cortana (although I think The Storm is far worse.)
4: Infinity
ODST: Coastal Highway
Reach: The Pillar of Autumn
Wars: Scarab(?)
5: ?
Spartan Assault: ?
Spartan Strike: ?

This is assuming the game is being played on Legendary.
Cortana as the hardest halo 3 mission,idk maybe the most annoying.The storm isn't really that hard imo
CE-Two Betrayals
This is because to me its a slog. When i see "final run" i Literally start to get excited. I think its worse then the library because to me i literally just run through the library.
Halo 2- Gravemind
No explanation needed tbh if you have played it you know how much a -Yoink- it is. On laso took me and my freind 5 and a half hours.
Halo 3-The Covenant or Sierra 117
Sierra can be brutal if you are not prepared especially if you are new and for a first level its hard. The covenant is long and somtimes can be very unforgiving.
Halo 3 ODST- Coastal Highway
Long and packed with vehicles. Easy to die over and over. Can be frustrating.
Halo Reach- No idea never played on legendary even though i got it when it came out
Halo 4- Midnight
So many promethians and its just ridiculous and i hate the game so by the last level im fighting to play it anyway.
Halo 5- No idea
Never played it on legendary.
In general i think h2 is hardest.
Halo CE - Truth and Reconciliation, that first wave is what really got me, the multiple Elites wielding energy swords got me so many times I even named that type of Elite
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 2 - Sacred Icon, I can't express how hard this level is, even though it's my one of my favorite missions, between the Flood vehicles and the huge Aggresor Sentils it was really frustrating
Halo 3 - Cortana, most definitely, there was so many flood irritated me so much to do this
Halo Wars - Arcadia City, it was frustrating me much having to protect the ships and get keep the civilians alive.
Halo 3 ODST - Data Hive, it was irritating to say the least to fight all those Brutes at close range plus at one point infinite Drones spawn until you leave that area
Halo Reach - Can't think of one, might edit if I can
Halo 4 - Shutdown, isn't a problem in a Pelican right? You would be right until you dismount it, their are so many Promethians it's unbearable to say the least
Halo 5 - Blue Team, what else to say? You have to fight Elites in close quarters with nothing more than an AR and a Magnum, near the end it gets even harder until you mount the Banshee, now that's where the fun begins
Halo Wars 2 - The Halo, I had to redo this mission four different times, you have to keep your units in three different places, worry about Shipmaster glassing you even though you destroyed the Enduring Conviction, and guess what? You destroy the Banished base? Well too bad they'll just attack you with the Retriever Sentinel, Spirit Troops onto you, and attack you from the Northeastern side
Halo CE: Two Betreyals and Truth and Reconcilation are hardest in this game.

Halo 2: Whole game is too hard for me.

Halo 3,4 and 5: They were pretty easy on legendary.
Single segment and no death :

Halo : Two Betrayals

Flood with rocket launchers, if you lose them on the twin bridges it's like on the second pulse generator, you don't know where they are and don't want to face one around a corner, the huge Covenant unit during the final run too if things don't go in your direction it's random... otherwise an easy mission, half being with a vehicle.

Halo 2 : Regret

Snipers, at the beginning because it's not easy to find a safe angle and they have random spawns but the room with the giant hologram is a lot more tricky, there is a lot of places where one can stand behind a pillar doing absolutely nothing until you move and appears, that room is also dark.

And the final gondola encounter, if you are unlucky at least one Banshee is used by an Ultra Elite which means you can't focus on enemies afterwards before they start attacking, if you have 2 Marines at this point they help a lot against Rangers... Regret is nothing too serious with a fully loaded fuel rod gun, again, trying to pick up a dropped FRG from one Grunt is already hard.

Halo 3 : LASO is more or less born on that game for a good reason and I didn't played the campaign enough times, same with ODST.

Halo: Reach : Long Night of Solace

Space battle not fun with enemies always in your back, they rarely crash right onto you when you are both facing each other, not trying to avoid collision.

Halo Wars : to gold : Repair, unlike Arcadia, there is no randomness, you must repair the core, protect the core and destroy x spirits at the same time, without losing too many units to avoid the bad combat multiplier and believe me it's not easy. Dome of Light is close but I bet more on that mission, it might be possible by taking things a bit slower.

Otherwise it's Arcadia, "random" ... master word, things are okay = the mission is easy, things are bad = it's not good.

No other Halos in sight, like Halo 3 didn't played a lot.
CE: Truth and Reconciliation (just for that part with the cloaked sword Elites)

3 : Cortana

4: I really don't know. The whole game is pretty easy

5: The Breaking (Just for the 3 Wardens)

Reach: Tip of the Spear

ODST: ONI Alpha Site

Wars: Escape

Wars 2: Haven't played it yet. Waiting for all the content to be out so I can play the whole game.
My hardest (all on Legendary, no skulls)
CE: Truth and Reconciliation (no pistol, grav lift and Belly of the Beast fights are annoying as hell)
2: Gravemind (everything about the level, most specifically the council chamber)
3: The Ark (scarab fight is annoying, some bits are cheap)
4: Forerunner (bad level design)
5: Guardians (the final arena section is a stupid fight)
Reach: Pillar of Autumn (long level, firefight section is annoying)
ODST: Coastal Highway (Buck is a terrible gunner, makes the highway section pretty annoying)
HCE: library no doubt but easier with co-op i think (cause there are some good skips hahaha). but i think its a fun challenge
H2: i would have to say gravemind cause it so god damned long i played it twice in one day on legendary and it took me a couple of hours
H3: i loved all the H3 missions to death and i would have to go for my least favorite mission and hardest cortana
H3:ODST: the data hive was a hard mission on higher difficulty and really test all the skills you have picked up across the game
HREACH: the package i don't know why i just found it hard
H4: probably midnight cause even though the first bit is fun it only gets harder
H5: the breaking sorry those wardens and don't ge me wrong i don't mind the prometheans being an enemy but they feel harder than the covenant, just saying
Halo Combat Evolved: Assault to the Control Room\Two Betrayals (Yesterday, I tried to get the Speed Reader achievement. It was extremely easy XD)
Halo 3 ODST: It's been a long time since I touched the campaign in Legendary, so I'm not sure
Halo 4: Midnight (Most people would say Requiem, but I almost managed to complete the mission without dying (If it wasn't for the Jackals))

BONUS
Halo SPV3: The Truth and Reconciliation
I feel obligated to comment on this...

Two Betrayals is far worse than AOTCR.

In Halo 3 (without speed running), it is a tie between Tsavo Highway and the Covenant. I always run out of ammo at the part, "The Broken Path," which takes forever to get through with a lack of. I later discovered you can drive past this if you manage to get a warthog over the bridge. Everything in the Covenant is manageable except the part with the two scarabs, which is ridiculous, to say the least.

In ODST, Coastal Highway takes the cake. The whole game is pretty easy if you know how to speed run it, but it's a mess otherwise.

In Halo: Reach, the Pillar of Autumn is one hell of a struggle. I struggle with the other missions, but not nearly as much as the latter.

Every mission in Halo 4 and 5 is a breeze. The Breaking is difficult if you actually intend to fight all three wardens, but I always skip that part because -Yoink- boss fights.
This is coming from someone who has all but one achievement left in the MCC - Monopolized.

Oh and I'm basing this on the legendary difficulty, anybody who hasn't played all the games on legendary doesn't have my experience.
  1. CE - Two Betrayals.
  2. 2 - Gravemind
  3. 3 - Cortana (really easy to speedrun solo though)
  4. Wars - Arcadia city
  5. ODST - (to be honest all the levels are pretty easy)
  6. 4 - Forerunner
  7. 5 - unconfirmed (The Breaking can be easily completed by preforming the warden skip by using the grav lifts and groundpounding)
  8. Halo Wars 2 - Under the dark
For anyone who hasn't played any of the Halo games on legendary, go back and play them to get a real picture of the difficulty in some of these games.

BONUS
Halo SPV3: The Truth and Reconciliation
I feel obligated to comment on this...

Two Betrayals is far worse than AOTCR.

In Halo 3 (without speed running), it is a tie between Tsavo Highway and the Covenant. I always run out of ammo at the part, "The Broken Path," which takes forever to get through with a lack of. I later discovered you can drive past this if you manage to get a warthog over the bridge. Everything in the Covenant is manageable except the part with the two scarabs, which is ridiculous, to say the least.

In ODST, Coastal Highway takes the cake. The whole game is pretty easy if you know how to speed run it, but it's a mess otherwise.

In Halo: Reach, the Pillar of Autumn is one hell of a struggle. I struggle with the other missions, but not nearly as much as the latter.

Every mission in Halo 4 and 5 is a breeze. The Breaking is difficult if you actually intend to fight all three wardens, but I always skip that part because -Yoink- boss fights.
I wrote this based on my experience. Two Betrayals might be easier for me than Assault to the Control Room. I found the Library incredibly easy, for example.

The Scarab fight is one of the easiest parts of the mission IMO. I just stay on the Hornet, always on the move, disable it, shoot the core, then at the time it is destroyed, the other's already disabled. Piece of cake.

As I said, it's been a long time since I touched ODST's campaign on Legendary. Coastal Highway might be easy for me, but other missions might be much harder. It's all based on our experience.

Reach, I agree with you.

I also partially agree with you about Halo 4 and 5's campaign. But, if it weren't for the Jackals, I would have a perfect run on Requiem. But as I said, I'm yet to play Halo 5, so I'm counting it out. The same applies to Halo Wars 2.

What about SPV3? I was stuck on the second generator on Two Betrayals because the Banshee's we're too aggressive, way more aggressive than the base game. But I managed to get though, and now I'm in the third generator's chasm. I'm yet to analyze how difficult.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2