Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Which game’s multiplayer is your favorite in MCC?

OP CattyMusician

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What multiplayer would you like the legacy team to focus on at 343i? I personally would like to see halo 2 Aniversarry get some attention. Maybe even possibly get a new remastered map. What are your thoughts?
It all depends on what the achievement requirements are but I would probably play Halo 3's multiplayer just for the good old days feeling.
BIGB EC wrote:
It all depends on what the achievement requirements are but I would probably play Halo 3's multiplayer just for the good old days feeling.
I’m just curious why not just play h3 backwards compatibility? It’s halo 3 all the time.
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
I’m just curious why not just play h3 backwards compatibility? It’s halo 3 all the time.
Don't have the game anymore and like I said achievements. As a rule I don't play multiplayer anymore so if I was to play online again it would be one for the Halo 2 anniversary achievements.
It’s eitther between Ce & Halo 2

I used to like Halo 3’s but at this stage I’m sick of playing it & when the Fanatics quit when it’s not Halo 3 is just ridiculous, play what’s been voted
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
Because people want to play the game they love at 60 fps and 1080p.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 are my favorite. Varies which I enjoy more by what gametype and map choices it is.
CE. It needs its own 4v4 playlist, with a variety of objective gametypes as well as slayer, and all the small to mid sized maps.
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Halo 2 and Halo 3 are my favorite. Varies which I enjoy more by what gametype and map choices it is.
You do realize the mcc port of h3 is trash? The hit reg is worse than og halo 3( it worked a lot better). The BR in mcc h3 is the worst br in the collection. I also am not a fan of having to search in groups of 8 to avoid h3 in mm.
It’s eitther between Ce & Halo 2

I used to like Halo 3’s but at this stage I’m sick of playing it & when the Fanatics quit when it’s not Halo 3 is just ridiculous, play what’s been voted
It is out of control. WHENEVER h3 isn’t chosen people leave in droves. It kills the game for me
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

You do realize the mcc port of h3 is trash? The hit reg is worse than og halo 3( it worked a lot better). The BR in mcc h3 is the worst br in the collection. I also am not a fan of having to search in groups of 8 to avoid h3 in mm.
And what does that have to do anything? The game still plays smoother even if the hit registration is off. If you want H2, play the H2 playlist. You want H4? Play the H4 playlist. All you randoms get mad that the most popular fan favorite Halo game gets picked the most. It’s not really a shocking fact.
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

And what does that have to do anything? The game still plays smoother even if the hit registration is off. If you want H2, play the H2 playlist. You want H4? Play the H4 playlist. All you randoms get mad that the most popular fan favorite Halo game gets picked the most. It’s not really a shocking fact.
I never search solo because it’s nothing but h3. Always running with a group and guess what the halo 3 kids quit because halo 3 didn’t win. And why do you choose to play a bad port vs a good port of the Same game via backwards compat? A bit off is an understatement btw
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Yeah well maybe us "Randoms" are annoyed of the most overrated Halo game being picked 24/7 when people like me paid $40 play some Halo 2 & Ce & H4, & we are getting annoyed when your precious game doesn't win the vote you fanatics quit cause it's not Halo 3, maybe that's because we are getting mad.
If I want to play Halo 3, I play it Backwards compatible

Shocking fact actually
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Yeah well maybe us "Randoms" are annoyed of the most overrated Halo game being picked 24/7 when people like me paid $40 play some Halo 2 & Ce & H4, & we are getting annoyed when your precious game doesn't win the vote you fanatics quit cause it's not Halo 3, maybe that's because we are getting mad.

Shocking fact actually
I'm not condoning the people who quit when their "precious" game doesn't get voted for.

As I stated, there are specific multiplayer playlists designed for each specific game (which I would assume you know since you bought the game and have probably looked through the playlists, but want you to know just in case). And from my experience, and tons of playtime in MCC, most social playlists such as snipers, SWAT, action sack, etc get Halo 4 as the most voted. Halo 3 wins BTB and Team Slayer, but as stated, it is the fan favorite game. When a game is a fan favorite, you're going to have some favoritism towards it getting voted for majority of the time. "Shocking fact actually". If you want to play strictly CE, H2, H2A, and H4 (which I'm totally fine with because I want the same), then play the specific playlist associated with that game. If you don't want to, then deal with the fan favorite game that wins a lot. With all this said, all of you who complain about Halo 3 overreact so much from my experience playing MCC. Just last night I was playing social Team Slayer, and I played Halo 2 so much. Game after game. I went and played doubles, what did I play a ton? Halo 4. Get over it.

"Halo 2 is my passionate childhood game, been playing it since release till I've gotten a 360 around 25th December 2012, so I have kind off missed out on the glory Halo 3 days"
^ There is nothing wrong with Halo 2. I grew up playing Halo since the beginning, but you missing what you consider glory days, playing a total of low 80ish multiplayer games in Halo 3, and only being a level 11 shows that you never played Halo 3 that much. You're argument is invalid, especially since you speak of Halo 3 as being "glory", when you yourself didn't even play the game. Funny how someone can consider that, then talk so much trash because you played Halo 2 your whole life.
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Shocking fact actually
What you paid means nothing when others paid as well, including for H3. Furthermore you're generalizing to much with "fanatics" as not everyone is that way, having that attitude towards me would just egg me on to pick H3 for those -Yoinking!- about it (if they brought it up in the still broken lobby system for me to hear) just as I would for any halo. I prefer CE but I'm perfectly fine playing anything else cause CE will get its turn at some point, furthermore there should be a playlist for each individual game.

backwards compatible towards H3 isn't really a good argument. Why not get on your 360 to play H4? CEA? Or do you ignore the whole point on why the mcc is a collection to begin with? Furthermore H3 BC would be a good option if H3 only players actually used it, the thing is nearly empty majority of the time. There's also the enhancements in the mcc version that H3BC lacks and a few other things you probably aren't taking into consideration, such as one needing the game to even play backwards compatibility.

Don't blame players for picking their favorite thing to play (especially since they too paid 👍) when the option is there, especially if it's a fan favorite. Do indulge me what you'd tell others if your favorite was #1 and people had issues with it getting picked all the time.
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Shocking fact actually
What you paid means nothing when others paid as well, including for H3. Furthermore you're generalizing to much with "fanatics" as not everyone is that way, having that attitude towards me would just egg me on to pick H3 for those -Yoinking!- about it (if they brought it up in the still broken lobby system for me to hear) just as I would for any halo. I prefer CE but I'm perfectly fine playing anything else cause CE will get its turn at some point, furthermore there should be a playlist for each individual game.

backwards compatible towards H3 isn't really a good argument. Why not get on your 360 to play H4? CEA? Or do you ignore the whole point on why the mcc is a collection to begin with? Furthermore H3 BC would be a good option if H3 only players actually used it, the thing is nearly empty majority of the time. There's also the enhancements in the mcc version that H3BC lacks and a few other things you probably aren't taking into consideration, such as one needing the game to even play backwards compatibility.

Don't blame players for picking their favorite thing to play (especially since they too paid 👍) when the option is there, especially if it's a fan favorite. Do indulge me what you'd tell others if your favorite was #1 and people had issues with it getting picked all the time.
It gets really really old when you want to play something else and only one game pops up. And it’s the h3 populations fault that h3 bc is empty they could easily fill it up and leave Mcc for classic halo players.
Nadesicle wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Shocking fact actually
I'm not condoning the people who quit when their "precious" game doesn't get voted for.

As I stated, there are specific multiplayer playlists designed for each specific game (which I would assume you know since you bought the game and have probably looked through the playlists, but want you to know just in case). And from my experience, and tons of playtime in MCC, most social playlists such as snipers, SWAT, action sack, etc get Halo 4 as the most voted. Halo 3 wins BTB and Team Slayer, but as stated, it is the fan favorite game. When a game is a fan favorite, you're going to have some favoritism towards it getting voted for majority of the time. "Shocking fact actually". If you want to play strictly CE, H2, H2A, and H4 (which I'm totally fine with because I want the same), then play the specific playlist associated with that game. If you don't want to, then deal with the fan favorite game that wins a lot. With all this said, all of you who complain about Halo 3 overreact so much from my experience playing MCC. Just last night I was playing social Team Slayer, and I played Halo 2 so much. Game after game. I went and played doubles, what did I play a ton? Halo 4. Get over it.

"Halo 2 is my passionate childhood game, been playing it since release till I've gotten a 360 around 25th December 2012, so I have kind off missed out on the glory Halo 3 days"
^ There is nothing wrong with Halo 2. I grew up playing Halo since the beginning, but you missing what you consider glory days, playing a total of low 80ish multiplayer games in Halo 3, and only being a level 11 shows that you never played Halo 3 that much. You're argument is invalid, especially since you speak of Halo 3 as being "glory", when you yourself didn't even play the game. Funny how someone can consider that, then talk so much trash because you played Halo 2 your whole life.
If I want to play ce and 2 in btb or slayer I will just party up and Take the lobby vote away from them. I’m. Or goI’ll no to ranked or single game playlists. I love makeing the h3 players pissed. Force them to actually play ce or 2 and report them for quitting (whole party) if they are petty and back out.
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Shocking fact actually

It gets really really old when you want to play something else and only one game pops up. And it’s the h3 populations fault that h3 bc is empty they could easily fill it up and leave Mcc for classic halo players.
"It gets really really old when you want to play something else and only one game pops up" no disagreement there but that's how collections work, furthermore we've dealt with it when it comes to voting for game modes and maps. Well never get what we want at all times. The mcc was advertised as a collection as well so people should've seen it coming. Another thing to note is the mcc was put out before Xbox wasn't even doing backwards compatible games for the XB1, maybe they would've done things differently had they been aware of the program.

"And it’s the h3 populations fault that h3 bc is empty they could easily fill it up and leave Mcc for classic halo players." yes and no. Do you have data on how many people kept halo 3 when transitioning over to the Xbox one? It also can't even be ones fault on not holding onto a game. What if one had to sell it for money? What if they simply didn't think it would be backwards compatible in the first place? Furthermore there are players who will prefer the mcc H3 over a BC version as one is enhanced and the other isn't.

regardless the mcc wouldn't be a collection If it ditched games over players getting upset. Collections will have variety to it, and it'll have that fan favorite that gets picked over and over when you introduce a cross play playlist. You're better off blaming 343 for not thinking the setup through over players picking what they want to play. I will say I could care less if it upsets people if I vote H3, H1,H4, etc etc as I'm picking what I want to play, not you. If what I want dkesnt herb pucked then oh well, I can tolerate playing other games/modes/maps that others pick.

why don't people get on their 360s to play H4? Or CEA? Or reach? Why does halo 3 have to be the one to do it? If ones going to use this argument then H2 is the only game deserving to be part of the mcc as everything else is either BC or on a different console. If ines is expecting others to have a CD of H3, then shouldn't I expect others to have their consoles for the other games to play them? H2 deserves it as the mcc is the only way to play H2 online.
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Shocking fact actually

If I want to play ce and 2 in btb or slayer I will just party up and Take the lobby vote away from them. I’m. Or goI’ll no to ranked or single game playlists. I love makeing the h3 players pissed. Force them to actually play ce or 2 and report them for quitting (whole party) if they are petty and back out.
Not once did I say I’m opposed to you partying up so you can play the game you want to. That’s what everyone should be doing if they have an issue with a specific Halo title. If people quit because they lost a vote for Halo 3 and quit, I’m all for the banhammer on them. I’m merely stating that you can’t expect Halo 3 to not get voted for when it’s a majority of the populations favorite Halo title. You have to go with the flow unless you choose a game specific matchmaking playlist.
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:

Shocking fact actually

Not once did I say I’m opposed to you partying up so you can play the game you want to. That’s what everyone should be doing if they have an issue with a specific Halo title. If people quit because they lost a vote for Halo 3 and quit, I’m all for the banhammer on them. I’m merely stating that you can’t expect Halo 3 to not get voted for when it’s a majority of the populations favorite Halo title. You have to go with the flow unless you choose a game specific matchmaking playlist.
Will I give my 100% if h3 gets voted? Nope I’ll give my 20%
i have no will to try in it and it’s karma when the h3 players don’t try in 2 or ce. But I won’t quit
I think one point we all forget is that (at least in the BTB and TS playlists), Halo 3 has the middle slot 100% of the time. Halo 1 and 4 share the 3rd slot (or just H1 in the TS playlist), and Halo 2 and H2A share the 1st slot. The fact that people like Halo 3 the most, combined with its guaranteed slot, means it will be voted a lot more than if they were randomized like before.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2