Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Which game’s multiplayer is your favorite in MCC?

OP CattyMusician

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Weesee I wrote:
I think one point we all forget is that (at least in the BTB and TS playlists), Halo 3 has the middle slot 100% of the time. Halo 1 and 4 share the 3rd slot (or just H1 in the TS playlist), and Halo 2 and H2A share the 1st slot. The fact that people like Halo 3 the most, combined with its guaranteed slot, means it will be voted a lot more than if they were randomized like before.
Yea 343 could try to do a better job separating the modes and games. H3 should quite honestly get its own everything since it will be the fan favorite. That should then free up the other games getting picked more often.
Weesee I wrote:
I think one point we all forget is that (at least in the BTB and TS playlists), Halo 3 has the middle slot 100% of the time. Halo 1 and 4 share the 3rd slot (or just H1 in the TS playlist), and Halo 2 and H2A share the 1st slot. The fact that people like Halo 3 the most, combined with its guaranteed slot, means it will be voted a lot more than if they were randomized like before.
Yea 343 could try to do a better job separating the modes and games. H3 should quite honestly get its own everything since it will be the fan favorite. That should then free up the other games getting picked more often.
A Halo 3 only BTB playlist, along with fixing the voting slots so everything is equally weighted, would fix that for sure. I don't know what 343 plans to do or how many playlists they plan to have, but I feel like more than 20 would spread the population too thin. It'll be interesting for sure, at least.
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
It all depends on what the achievement requirements are but I would probably play Halo 3's multiplayer just for the good old days feeling.
I’m just curious why not just play h3 backwards compatibility? It’s halo 3 all the time.
Because people want to play the game they love at 60 fps and 1080p.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 are my favorite. Varies which I enjoy more by what gametype and map choices it is.
You do realize the mcc port of h3 is trash? The hit reg is worse than og halo 3( it worked a lot better). The BR in mcc h3 is the worst br in the collection. I also am not a fan of having to search in groups of 8 to avoid h3 in mm.
And what does that have to do anything? The game still plays smoother even if the hit registration is off. If you want H2, play the H2 playlist. You want H4? Play the H4 playlist. All you randoms get mad that the most popular fan favorite Halo game gets picked the most. It’s not really a shocking fact.
I never search solo because it’s nothing but h3. Always running with a group and guess what the halo 3 kids quit because halo 3 didn’t win. And why do you choose to play a bad port vs a good port of the Same game via backwards compat? A bit off is an understatement btw
First off, I completely agree that Halo 3 is chosen way too much. However, I just started playing Team slayer a lot because it is a good way to play all the classic Halos. I actually have been enjoying Halo 3 along with the others. I feel like TS has more variety in which game gets the vote. BTB on the other hand, irritates me to no end. People there just want Halo 3 all day. Halo 3 BC has a very low population, therefore I play TMCC version.
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Nadesicle wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
It all depends on what the achievement requirements are but I would probably play Halo 3's multiplayer just for the good old days feeling.
I’m just curious why not just play h3 backwards compatibility? It’s halo 3 all the time.
Because people want to play the game they love at 60 fps and 1080p.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 are my favorite. Varies which I enjoy more by what gametype and map choices it is.
You do realize the mcc port of h3 is trash? The hit reg is worse than og halo 3( it worked a lot better). The BR in mcc h3 is the worst br in the collection. I also am not a fan of having to search in groups of 8 to avoid h3 in mm.
And what does that have to do anything? The game still plays smoother even if the hit registration is off. If you want H2, play the H2 playlist. You want H4? Play the H4 playlist. All you randoms get mad that the most popular fan favorite Halo game gets picked the most. It’s not really a shocking fact.
I never search solo because it’s nothing but h3. Always running with a group and guess what the halo 3 kids quit because halo 3 didn’t win. And why do you choose to play a bad port vs a good port of the Same game via backwards compat? A bit off is an understatement btw
First off, I completely agree that Halo 3 is chosen way too much. However, I just started playing Team slayer a lot because it is a good way to play all the classic Halos. I actually have been enjoying Halo 3 along with the others. I feel like TS has more variety in which game gets the vote. BTB on the other hand, irritates me to no end. People there just want Halo 3 all day. Halo 3 BC has a very low population, therefore I play TMCC version.
Because of BTB and halo 3 I’m just so burned out on it it instantly pisses me off. I refuse to vote h3 and I refuse to search solo so that way I NEVER get h3 and always swing the vote
Vlexis wrote:
CE. It needs its own 4v4 playlist, with a variety of objective gametypes as well as slayer, and all the small to mid sized maps.
This.
Halo 2, period.
Halo CE and Halo 2
BRUH. I am surprised that hardly any body in this thread is saying H2A. The multiplayer is TRULY amazing. Such a shame that it is slept on. I think 343 should focus on H2A if anything. That's the main reason why I got the MCC. It's kind of sad we didn't get that many maps for it. Would like to see more H2A matches of BTB in the matchmaking but sadly, that is very rare due to all the Halo 3 fanboys smh.
Halo 2 in my opinion is best as those annoying armor abilities didn’t exist in the game. Not to mention some of the best map design of all the games were in H2.
Halo 2 in my opinion is best as those annoying armor abilities didn’t exist in the game. Not to mention some of the best map design of all the games were in H2.
That’s the big difference in the new and old halos is map design. The old halos has amazing map design because they didn’t have to take into consideration sprint and all these other armor abilities. The new halos don’t have the best maps I believe most people will side with me on that. But it’s not easy to make a good map that alows for sprint and all the other armor abilities. H2A has amazing maps and it plays really well! I would love to see some more H2A maps remastered from the original halo 2. Or even a remastered of guardian from halo 3 to put into H2A.
BRUH. I am surprised that hardly any body in this thread is saying H2A. The multiplayer is TRULY amazing. Such a shame that it is slept on. I think 343 should focus on H2A if anything. That's the main reason why I got the MCC. It's kind of sad we didn't get that many maps for it. Would like to see more H2A matches of BTB in the matchmaking but sadly, that is very rare due to all the Halo 3 fanboys smh.
H2a is what halo 4 should have been.
H2A is ok, but it's just an easier, worse H2C in almost every way.
Halo 3 needs some serious work
I love h2a playlist
All of the multiplayer games need work. I would like to see them fix all of the matchmaking.
I love Halo 2. Halo 3 in MCC feels the most broken.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2