Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Which progression system would you prefer?

OP BigWinkyy69

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Would you guys rather have a Halo 3 style progression system, or a Halo Reach style progression system? Whenever they implement Reach they will add something to encourage players to grind more. Personally I think a mixture of them both would be dope. For example, Ranks are a result of how many wins you have, and you can unlock armor, and other things with credits; which are obtainable for weapon mysteries, daily challenges, and achievements. What do you guys think? Is there a better system that I'm not thinking about?
Honestly, Halo 3's. It rewards both skill and time invested. Reach's just rewarded time invested, meaning there was zero representation of skill. I know Inheritor rank is something that some people admire, but honestly it's meaningless as you could just AFK grifball and still reach Inheritor. I liked the reach armour system that was linked to ranks however.
Yazite wrote:
Honestly, Halo 3's. It rewards both skill and time invested. Reach's just rewarded time invested, meaning there was zero representation of skill. I know Inheritor rank is something that some people admire, but honestly it's meaningless as you could just AFK grifball and still reach Inheritor. I liked the reach armour system that was linked to ranks however.
Yeah I want to say Reach had a cooler system because the credits were there to unlock armor, which was dope but Halo 3 you felt a lot better reaching max rank because of the time and dedication you put into it.
Halo reach, it would make zero sense to add halo 3’s system. Halo 3 system is a competitive styled ranking system, you go down xp when you lose. Halo MCC already had a competitive ranking system for each playlist.

To be honest the reason I don’t play MCC as much as I would like is the lack of an earning xp every game kind of system. Adding reach’s would be exactly what the game need’s to entice people to play more
I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I don’t want a progression system at all. I’d prefer just more robust stat tracking in-game.
I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I don’t want a progression system at all. I’d prefer just more robust stat tracking in-game.
100 percent a minority on that. Without a progression system there is barely anything tangible youre working towards.
100 percent a minority on that. Without a progression system there is barely anything tangible youre working towards.
While I personally am the type to be motivated by filling bars, I completely see where Fixed is coming from. There are achievements and playlists to complete on top of just the fun of playing. I am super excited for progression to come but don’t expect rewards for playing
I’m just an old school guy who just enjoys playing a game and having my stats tracked as I play. I actually dislike progress bars. I get enough progress checks at work.
Would you guys rather have a Halo 3 style progression system, or a Halo Reach style progression system? Whenever they implement Reach they will add something to encourage players to grind more. Personally I think a mixture of them both would be dope. For example, Ranks are a result of how many wins you have, and you can unlock armor, and other things with credits; which are obtainable for weapon mysteries, daily challenges, and achievements. What do you guys think? Is there a better system that I'm not thinking about?
halo Reach has the best designer rank system for time spended, for ranked playlist halo 5 has the best design
The Halo 3 progression system, only the most dedicated halo fans could get the top rank, it meant something. It was hard to get.

I don't see the appeal of the Reach style system. Getting max rank is inevitable if you want it. It just takes time. There's no real challenge. It was kinda neat you could use credits for armor unlocks, but I remember unlocking everything I wanted after a few hundred games. After that credits were useless.
I'm with you. I did all this progression garbage already and have no interest in doing it again. I really don't understand people who are desperate for some sort of grind to be added in, especially nearly 5 years after the fact. Apparently there's a generation that thinks the only reason to play video games is to chase digital carrots on sticks.
I'm with you. I did all this progression garbage already and have no interest in doing it again. I really don't understand people who are desperate for some sort of grind to be added in, especially nearly 5 years after the fact. Apparently there's a generation that thinks the only reason to play video games is to chase digital carrots on sticks.
For real. Having fun playing a game is enough for me. Imagine someone saying there’s no point in playing a board game with your family because there’s no progression system. It’s just foreign to me.

I’m obviously turning into a grumpy old man.
it s the reason cause i do not play tmcc anymore for now
For real. Having fun playing a game is enough for me. Imagine someone saying there’s no point in playing a board game with your family because there’s no progression system. It’s just foreign to me.

I’m obviously turning into a grumpy old man.
halo is not a board game
I think a combination of both. A reach-like system with armor unlocks across halo 2A, 3, 4 and Reach (unsure what halo Ce and 2 unlocks we can get), but also a rank system implemented across all 5 multi-player components. Maybe individual ranking for each game as well? I'd rather not lose rank though when I lose games.
Firebomb wrote:
I think a combination of both. A reach-like system with armor unlocks across halo 2A, 3, 4 and Reach (unsure what halo Ce and 2 unlocks we can get), but also a rank system implemented across all 5 multi-player components. Maybe individual ranking for each game as well? I'd rather not lose rank though when I lose games.
reach has that, standard playlist witha rank and team arena with iron-bronze-silver-gold-onyx
Yazite wrote:
Halo 3 overall ranking system for the win.
While I personally am the type to be motivated by filling bars, I completely see where Fixed is coming from. There are achievements and playlists to complete on top of just the fun of playing. I am super excited for progression to come but don’t expect rewards for playing
I envy you then. As someone who's completed MCC 116% (600/600) and played countless hours of it, I need something new to work towards. 343i mentioned that the progression system coming to MCC will capture the spirit of the progression system in Halo: Reach while introducing some modern elements.
halo 3 and reach progression system mixed together
I think you are actually the minority on this. A rank in a military style game is a necessity. Theres no point in playing a game with no progression system in my opinion. It adds fun to the grind. It means something when you accomplish it. You must not be very good if you do not like ranks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2