Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Who wants skins in the campaign?

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I just started season 2 and am happy to equip skins in CE multiplayer. I was disappointed that they weren’t in the campaign though. I would love it if we could start equipping skins in the campaign. I was in favor of this back when Halo 4 released too.
I would love it if they were!
If the precedent has been set, I don't see why they shouldn't be added!

Might upset the Halo purists though.
Geoffyz wrote:

There’s literally no downside too it. You can turn skins of in CE multiplayer and you can choose to not use skins in the campaign. You’re right though, some people will find a way to get angry about it
Geoffyz wrote:

There’s literally no downside too it. You can turn skins of in CE multiplayer and you can choose to not use skins in the campaign. You’re right though, some people will find a way to get angry about it
Yeah don't get me wrong, I like the idea. I just feel like people demand so many things be added and fixed and debugged, etc. with all these games. I'm just considering the capacity that 343 has to complete all these projects.
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:

Yeah don't get me wrong, I like the idea. I just feel like people demand so many things be added and fixed and debugged, etc. with all these games. I'm just considering the capacity that 343 has to complete all these projects.
Yeah, not the point of my thread but I think bringing PC features to console should be a priority. Like FOV sliders and Forge features.
It would mean making everybody re-download all of the Halo CE campaign. That's really the only downside. The way Halo CE's engine works is that all game assets and textures are baked into the map data. That's part of why this latest update for MCC was so large. All of the CE multiplayer maps had to be re-compiled and included in the update so that they could have the skin data in them.
I suport the idea, it would make things interesting. We already have a skull with unlimited ammo, so why not add to the color palette.
The fact that the updated textures aren’t in the campaign alone confuses me, they should at the very least add that
The fact that the updated textures aren’t in the campaign alone confuses me, they should at the very least add that
I get why adding skins to the anniversary graphics would require some work but it seems like adding it to the campaign would be easy. Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t the classic graphics use the same engine as multiplayer.
Very much. I've had fun running through The Library earning the golden shotgun skin but it would be nice if I got to use the skin in CEs campaign now.

It seems like a reasonable and natural way to modernize the gameplay of CE by being similar to how Reach works but it wouldn't break the game if all Ghosts were Green, avatars visor was blue, and shotgun gold..... yeah.
I just started season 2 and am happy to equip skins in CE multiplayer. I was disappointed that they weren’t in the campaign though. I would love it if we could start equipping skins in the campaign. I was in favor of this back when Halo 4 released too.
I would love them, but the issue is the would be very limited as guns like the Fuel Rod Cannon and the Flamethrower are not usable in the campaign so people who got those unlocks would never get to use them in campaign and they would have to update the anniversary engine to include the skins aswell, otherwise it would force you to play in classic just to see your skins. So while I would love it, I just see it as kind of impractical that they would ever add it. Maybe if they do Skins for Halo 2 or 3 down the road I could see skins being added to those campaigns as most of the vehicles and weapons that can be used in muliplayer are usable in campaign aswell so there would not be any restrictions.
Id like to see the skins in the campaign too. They a good addition to multiplayer.
I would love them, but the issue is the would be very limited as guns like the Fuel Rod Cannon and the Flamethrower are not usable in the campaign so people who got those unlocks would never get to use them in campaign and they would have to update the anniversary engine to include the skins aswell, otherwise it would force you to play in classic just to see your skins. So while I would love it, I just see it as kind of impractical that they would ever add it. Maybe if they do Skins for Halo 2 or 3 down the road I could see skins being added to those campaigns as most of the vehicles and weapons that can be used in muliplayer are usable in campaign aswell so there would not be any restrictions.
At the very least they could add the skins in classic graphics. While it would force you to use classic graphics to see your skins it would be better than not having any skins in the campaign. They could always add the skins in classic graphics first and then later update the anniversary graphics to support skins.
As for the FRC and Flamethrower, I would actually like it if they implemented those in the campaign. Using the Flamethrower in flood heavy missions would be nice and the FRC is already present. They could just disable the self destruct physics.
The skins need to be on the campaign also, I just unlocked some stuff and found out it didnt work in campaign, lame. Some of us just want to play alone.
I worked hard to complete challenges. Even with progress of some challenges being reset to 0. I get to show it off online but not in the campaign? What harm will it do?
It would be fun in Campaign, Running around with Weapon Skins and CoOp with the Visors
Would be cool if it was in campaign I think it's a good idea
Well it looks like I got quite a few people who agree with me. While I don’t think it should be a major priority maybe we can get 343i to put this in a future update. It would be sweet if every Halo eventually gets skins that are supported in the campaign. while Halo CE and 2 both have the issue of skins in classic and anniversary graphics, there’s virtually no reason that (potential) Halo 3 and 4 skins won’t be available in the campaign.
I too would love to use skins in the campaign. Especially the epic warthog skins! I vote yes!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3