Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] Why are people returning the game?

OP Endove5912

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Do you REALLY think the game is NEVER going to get fixed? This is all FOUR Halo games we're talking about here, every single campaign, every single multiplayer map, an HD remaster of Halo 2 (which looks beautiful!) and even Spartan Ops in its entirety (coming soon). Do you not understand how much content that is for your 60 bucks?

I understand if someone is upset over it, thats fine. But do you honestly think they are NEVER going to get the multiplayer working the way it should? So you return the game and buy it again in a few weeks?

Come on people
I'll never return it, while multiplayer is currently out of the picture for me, I started achievement hunting. Currently got 210/450 achievements. The people who returned it only play it for the multiplayer, and halo is a lot more then just multiplayer in my eyes.
I agree, people loved playing halo 2 multiplayer back in the day and waited years for a hd remake...and now they cant wait a week or two longer for it.
it will be months before its fixed and by then evolve will be out and I'll be owning people as a badass godzilla.

so yes the people who return it believe in the big picture and are putting their 64.01 toward gtav or assassins creed or whatever the cool kids play these days
I think it's more that some people have realized that posting endless threads on the forums is a waste of time, and are doing the only productive thing other than reporting the bugs and waiting for a fix, to show their displeasure. Now, there are some who got their refunds and decided to waste their and everyone else's time with yet another pointless post, but they're the minority. Those returning the game are, I believe, justified in doing so. Personally I'm content to wait for the patch, and I'd hope most people would be too, but again, I don't blame anyone that has returned it.
Some people don't realize that returning the game doesn't hurt 343i; it hurts the retailer they bought it from.

Retailers like GameStop and Walmart already purchased the game from 343 Industries so they could resell it to us consumers. When you return the game, the retailer reimburses your money, not 343i. 343i keeps the money that the retailer paid them.

The only way that 343i could lose money from a return is if the purchase was digital.
Endove5912 wrote:
Do you REALLY think the game is NEVER going to get fixed? This is all FOUR Halo games we're talking about here, every single campaign, every single multiplayer map, an HD remaster of Halo 2 (which looks beautiful!) and even Spartan Ops in its entirety (coming soon). Do you not understand how much content that is for your 60 bucks?

I understand if someone is upset over it, thats fine. But do you honestly think they are NEVER going to get the multiplayer working the way it should? So you return the game and buy it again in a few weeks?

Come on people
I have to agree with you on this. I am mean 343 is rolling out there first big patch on Wednesday. Also everyone has to realize like EternalStutter mentioned there are 4 games 100 MP maps and soon all of Spartan Ops on one disk. That is a lot of data to be on a disk so there are going to be issues and everyone has to realize that 343 is working on it. So for those of you that are thinking about returning the game give it a chance and hold on to it. It will be worth it.
Recon 777i wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people

I have to agree with you on this. I am mean 343 is rolling out there first big patch on Wednesday. Also everyone has to realize like EternalStutter mentioned there are 4 games 100 MP maps and soon all of Spartan Ops on one disk. That is a lot of data to be on a disk so there are going to be issues and everyone has to realize that 343 is working on it. So for those of you that are thinking about returning the game give it a chance and hold on to it. It will be worth it.
Exactly! This is SUCH an incredible package for Halo fans. So the multiplayer isnt working perfectly RIGHT THIS SECOND, but it will. It absolutely will.
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people
I'm upset by the game being released in it's current condition. No good excuse for that.

However, they will get it working eventually and I have no plans to return it.
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people

I'm upset by the game being released in it's current condition. No good excuse for that.

However, they will get it working eventually and I have no plans to return it.
Thats the spirit
Endove5912 wrote:
Recon 777i wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people

Exactly! This is SUCH an incredible package for Halo fans. So the multiplayer isnt working RIGHT THIS SECOND, but it will. It absolutely will.
I only bought it for h2c/h2a multiplayer...so I got screwed. I bought it at 12:01 to play multiplayer only. Atleast halo 5 will have a mp beta well in advance so that they can work out most of the MM issues.
l b34r l wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:
Recon 777i wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people

Exactly! This is SUCH an incredible package for Halo fans. So the multiplayer isnt working RIGHT THIS SECOND, but it will. It absolutely will.

I only bought it for h2c/h2a multiplayer...so I got screwed. I bought it at 12:01 to play multiplayer only. Atleast halo 5 will have a mp beta well in advance so that they can work out most of the MM issues.
This is a large project for ANY company to be a part of. I bet you any money, even if it wasn't 343's doing, we'd have SOME issue with a multiplayer of this magnitude
Endove5912 wrote:
Recon 777i wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people

Sure it will. But to go about your day and assume this in no way harms halo is insanely naive and wrong. The halo 5 beta is the only source of momentum this game has. That is the only redeeming factor for MCC as far as the masses are concerned. The game shipped broken. And it's not just multiplayer.
Endove5912 wrote:
l b34r l wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:
Recon 777i wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people

This is a large project for ANY company to be a part of. I bet you any money, even if it wasn't 343's doing, we'd have SOME issue with a multiplayer of this magnitude
Honestly, I think 343i just isn't too good with dealing with the new xbox cloud and new console. Halo 4(x360) has its bugs but I didn't have any problems using MM day 1. I'm sure using 10 year old net code for halo 2 is hard to deal with also. Oh well.
I am thoroughly enjoying the single player (co-op) campaign. Just ran into achievements sticking and delaying to unlock.
OHugheyIII wrote:
I am thoroughly enjoying the single player (co-op) campaign. Just ran into achievements sticking and delaying to unlock.
They'll pop. They always do
Probably because its not just multi player issues,but campaign single player/co op issues as well.

and they just decided the game has way to many bugs,glitches, frame rate drops, and lag(Not just multi player lag) for them to deal with right now.
l b34r l wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:
l b34r l wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:
Recon 777i wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people

Honestly, I think 343i just isn't too good with dealing with the new xbox cloud and new console. Halo 4(x360) has its bugs but I didn't have any problems using MM day 1. I'm sure using 10 year old net code for halo 2 is hard to deal with also. Oh well.
Not every company get's everything perfect. Not even Bungie
Probably because its not just multi player issues,but campaign single player/co op issues as well.

and they just decided the game has way to many bugs,glitches, frame rate drops, and lag(Not just multi player lag) for them to deal with right now.
Impatient and spoiled if you ask me
Because odds are it won't be fully fixed this week, and people paid for a functional product. That is at $60 (or worse if you are Australian) that can be better spent on stuff that works. I am keeping mine cus I need muh Halo 2, but it's not unreasonable to want a refund.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10