Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] Why are people returning the game?

OP Endove5912

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10
"Why are people returning the game?"

because its crap in its current condition.

Been searching for for over an hour on multiplayer and I've had one game of halo 3 and one game of halo 2.

I'm not going to return it as I'm sure they'll fix it, but at the minute I'm incredibly disappointed and I don't think this game is worth the money right now.

I probably won't bother with Halo 5 as its been going downhill after Halo 3.
Endove5912 wrote:
Do you REALLY think the game is NEVER going to get fixed? This is all FOUR Halo games we're talking about here, every single campaign, every single multiplayer map, an HD remaster of Halo 2 (which looks beautiful!) and even Spartan Ops in its entirety (coming soon). Do you not understand how much content that is for your 60 bucks?

I understand if someone is upset over it, thats fine. But do you honestly think they are NEVER going to get the multiplayer working the way it should? So you return the game and buy it again in a few weeks?

Come on people
I just can't believe that history shows us that large games rarely have a smooth launch, and somehow people are still surprised when things like this happen. It is unfortunate but then again it is also just a video game. Its pretty much amazing to me how worked up people get over this.
Lerolege wrote:
Impatient and just childish. I don't see why they assume something to be working 100% as soon as it comes out. Every game has similar problems when it comes out so I don't know why they won't wait. But oh well I guess it gets rid of all the kids that will say that you're cheating on multiplayer just because you're owning them :D

It isn't childish to expect console games (which are intended to work out of the box) to at least attempt to work as advertised. Launch difficulty is one thing, printing "16 players" on the box of a 12 player game is false advertisement period.
Even new things have problems though, they have took off some game modes remember, so that 16 player game type can be brought out when all the matchmaking difficulties have been sorted. That's why they've took off some gamemodes right now. Fair enough with the parties getting split up etc but that's not a reason to already give the game back without waiting for all the patches to be released. It shouldn't really take that long, they're trying their best and there's alot of problems at the moment so of course it will take time.
Love reading these threads. So sad too see people having a tantrum over a game that's gonna get fixed soon....
Endove5912 wrote:
Do you REALLY think the game is NEVER going to get fixed? This is all FOUR Halo games we're talking about here, every single campaign, every single multiplayer map, an HD remaster of Halo 2 (which looks beautiful!) and even Spartan Ops in its entirety (coming soon). Do you not understand how much content that is for your 60 bucks?

I understand if someone is upset over it, thats fine. But do you honestly think they are NEVER going to get the multiplayer working the way it should? So you return the game and buy it again in a few weeks?

Come on people
Very well said, Eternal!.
the big question is why people arn't returning it,

do you normally buy broken products,

are you too timid to stand up for yourself,

do you always accept second best,
( ͡° ͜ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ ͡°)
Endove5912 wrote:
Lerolege wrote:
Impatient and just childish. I don't see why they assume something to be working 100% as soon as it comes out. Every game has similar problems when it comes out so I don't know why they won't wait. But oh well I guess it gets rid of all the kids that will say that you're cheating on multiplayer just because you're owning them :D

It isn't childish to expect console games (which are intended to work out of the box) to at least attempt to work as advertised. Launch difficulty is one thing, printing "16 players" on the box of a 12 player game is false advertisement period.

Do you honestly think they we're aware of ALL these issues?
Some people just expect flawless games, can easily think of many big games that have been released in the past year that have had as many problems... People need to give it a chance
Cause it's a sack of -Yoink-
demonj00 wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people

I just can't believe that history shows us that large games rarely have a smooth launch, and somehow people are still surprised when things like this happen. It is unfortunate but then again it is also just a video game. Its pretty much amazing to me how worked up people get over this.
Did you even read my post outlining all the bugs like seriously? This is the first game where the matchmaking is so broken reviewers cant even give a full review because even after a week it does not function....Please list 1 game with even close to the 1 page of bugs this game has or where the matchmaking was completely -Yoinked!- to the point of unplayablity I'll wait here half the game you even attempt to list have less then 5 bugs 5 and from day 1 had multiplayer you could actually play and join friends... try to join your friend in a party go ahead see how easy it is then search for a match.....oh didnt find one in 5 min back out and restart it....oh wait that disbands the whole party....now try to invite your friend again and see how fun that process is...shouldnt have to follow -Yoinking!- ikea instructions just to invite friends or find a game 1 full week after launch...
Endove5912 wrote:
Lerolege wrote:

Nailed it.

I'd add "spoiled" in there as well
There's many words I could add, I just don't see why I should waste my time on them just because they can't wait. They could even play campaign for the story and try and get the campaign based achievements like I've been doing. Fair enough if you wanted it for multiplayer, but hey there's lots of game time in the campaign if you try and get the achievements :D
Lerolege wrote:
Why did I assume it would be working 100%?

Because I paid 100% of the price tag.
Its A Game, Meant to be played and enjoyed and hold us over. Give us a look at the past - present and what the future of Halo Is. I will never return the game. Plain and simple.

-HeLLsDoLLsMaFiA
Lerolege wrote:
Endove5912 wrote:
Lerolege wrote:

Nailed it.

I'd add "spoiled" in there as well

There's many words I could add, I just don't see why I should waste my time on them just because they can't wait. They could even play campaign for the story and try and get the campaign based achievements like I've been doing. Fair enough if you wanted it for multiplayer, but hey there's lots of game time in the campaign if you try and get the achievements :D
Why should people wait? We've already paid for it - it's not like 343 dont already have the money.
Endove5912 wrote:

Come on people
It doesn't matter what YOU think the value is. Some people don't see the wait (until things are fixed) as worth it to them and their time.

For the record, I have not returned mine, and struggle to get games in MM every night.

Overall, doesn't matter if you think people should or should not be returning the game, they can do whatever they please.
Its A Game, Meant to be played and enjoyed and hold us over. Give us a look at the past - present and what the future of Halo Is. I will never return the game. Plain and simple.

-HeLLsDoLLsMaFiA
I can't play or enjoy it when it won't find a damn game.
Massimoh wrote:
I will be playing this game constantly, i always played campaign before i jumped into matchmaking so i got to enjoy the story. So I'm not worried even the slightest bit about matchmaking issues right now. 343 will get it worked out.
That is good for you... it really is. I'm happy that the game is serving you perfectly. I like Halo's multiplayer. I have all the older Halo games and working consoles to play their campaigns whenever I want. All I care about from this installment is online multiplayer. So, essentially... I don't have a game. I paid $65 and I got two matchmade games in a period of three hours that both ended with a game crash and console reset. I have tried since and haven't even been able to find one game. Your input is useless to me. Go have fun, these issues clearly don't actually affect you, game owner or not.

On the other hand, I sit here slapping myself in the head. I don't have a large expendable income yet. Spending money on games directly impacts other life activities such as eating, gas, insurance, and weekends out with friends. I had to choose between this game and Far Cry 4. i clearly chose wrong. Let's hope GameStop will allow me to make a trade.
Because they're immature little whiny -Yoinks!-.
I have posted the over 1 page worth of bugs this game has along with the completely broken matchmaking.....yet people still ignore it lol like how can you compare this list to any game in history then people bring up the "100 plus maps" like the -Yoink- hasnt been out for over a decade in some cases. Sure they made some new content but it's not exactly ground breaking when 70 percent of the work is already done. Look at their track record for updating halo 4 and we have little hope here and considering there last patchs have done jack -Yoink- I wont be holding my breath on for wednesdays big patch, I'll have to wait and see for results. Lol you clearly have to be entitled or spoiled to not be completely mad at this list of bugs over 70 percent of which are gamebreaking in some way not to mention on the features not even present in the game with the worlds worst party system in history..... lets just reflect on this current up to date list of bugs that I have posted for the 3rd time now that all you kiddies ignore....

Matchmaking bugs:
Update 15/11/14 - 10pm PST - UPDATE - Patch due wednesday. So far patches have seen 20% increase in connectivity
Priority Bug Source 343 Comment Status
VERY HIGH MATCHMAKING - Queue times are too high EVERYWHERE BUG INVESTIGATION, Apology Patch ^
Gamebreaking Host is able to end games/boot people from matchmaking reddit - Still Bugged
Very High Game Freezing during loading screen/during matches N/A Aware Below(1)
Very High Rank up bug that let's you get the highest rank via a Matchmaking/Custom Game bug. Source Rank reset! Reset to come
Very High Team Formulation- Teams are uneven/formed differently in lobby/Not keeping premades together Reddit. Still may occur rare instances Fixed
Very High Changing playlist whilst in a premade party(with friends etc) will lose the party 6_P - Still Bugged
Very High When joining a MM queue, it shows your roster instead of "searching for players" Bug report Make sure you are "in lobby" <Temp fix
High Games are being played on Peer servers instead of the dedicated server - Aware of it and info Still occuring
High You lose your party most of the time whilst exiting matchmaking(backing out or after a game) - Bug investigation^ Still Bugged
Medium Players are sometimes not playing the same playlist they queued up for(inc ranked) - - -
Low Colors/Emblems, etc. is not available in Matchmaking and you just get a generic/random emblem. - - Still Bugged
Low Playlists are not searching for the right amount of players - Is a side affect of fixing MM times Still bugged
Low Post game screens don't show the correct information(Killed most by, killed most), and 1TH - -
Low Can be ranked with players 10 levels below you - Behind the scenes fixed in patch notes (1)
Custom Game bugs:
Medium You can't join a game after it started. It always says it's full, even if it isn't. N/A - Still Bugged
Medium "Host migration" - Game sometimes unplayable because of random migration N/A - No resolution
Medium Gametypes are broken - FFA gametype some show team N/A - Still bugged
Low Team colours shuffle after each game &changing colours is 5 step process N/A - Still Bugged
Low Settings shuffle if you make some changes after the game and you have to setup everything again. N/A - Still Bugged
Other problems:
High Roster does not work correctly - Doesn't show online players and often can't invite players, also always shows 1/16 players for every group/friend, - - Temp Below(1)
Medium Achievements don't work/unlock at the moment. - Aware Below(3)
Medium Left Handed controls do not work in Vehicles source - -
Medium Game chat doesn't work sometimes due to xbone party N/A - No resolution
Medium Random disconnections from the game N/A - No resolution
Medium The Master Chief Collection sometimes responds poorly to snapping. This behavior has exhibited crashing, freezing, and persistent significant frame drops. - - No resolution
Low Map loading times are high; no preloading of the maps like it did previously - - No resolution
Low Can't vote if you are in menu whilst Match is found imDudekid - No resoultion
Low You can't change the size of the group - -
Medium QOL Menu music is too loud, no option to mute it - - No resolution
Medium QOL You can't move/turn when pressing "back" to see the score in H2A - - No resolution
QOL Vibration does not turn off in Halo 3&4 - - Read below(2)
Quality of Life Improvements/User Interface improvements:
Type Suggestion Source 343 Comment
QOL Ping; Can't see ping in game N/A -
QOL Chat issue 1: Can't see who is wearing a mic unless they speak - -
QOL Chat issue 2: Can't see who is talking in game - -
QOL Chat issue 3: No Proximity Voice Chat - -
QOL more customization options for game type settings in custom games - -
QOL No population stats on playlists Discussion Commented*
UI Search Parameters: Language, good connection, close game etc johnnymanizzla -
UI Intuitive Menu controls. Triggers/Bumpers to navigate menus(faster), If pressing RB in a campaign lobby to rush start, it will be slow 1,2, 3 -
UI Halo CE Scoreboard is pretty basic and does not show team score well - -
UI The Map of the world - showing where everyone is playing(not sure if important, but cool) pateyhfx -
QOL Veto-ing over voting PewPewLaserPewPew -
UI Current Display may be difficult to Colorblind people Boba_Fresh -
UI Interactive customization of player models BassBailiff -
UI Halo has no consideraration of "recent players", List is hard to find on dashboard of XbOne 6_P -
UI Passing party leader is not possible - -
Game Specific Bugs & Single Player:
Game Bug Source 343 Comment Status
Halo CE single Player audio looping/overlapping/different tracks/wrong sounds (More..). - No resolution
Halo CE Completed Single Player games sometimes don't save - - No Resolution
Halo CE Co-op campaign, seems impossible to finish a mission. The game is always disrupted with disconnects (More...). - No resolution
Halo CE Massive buglist coming from Halo PC HERE -
H2A Campaign seems to randomly crash when attempting to start a mission. - - no resolution
H2A You can boost all H2A Multiplayer achievements in forge mode! - - no resolution
H3 Game completely unplayable for one user here... - -
H3 Movement is bugged, Can't move straight 69dp69 - -
H4 Loadout naming is bugged, may also apply to other things like service tags more - -
Cross Cross game singleplayer playlist skips mission (specifically Mission 6 on "Normal"). - - NR
Cross Many Controller presets are bugged and incorrectly labeled (More...) - No resolution
Cross Framerate in co op splitscreen is bad. Game is stuttering a lot and freezing. - - No resolution
Cross Terminals are known to be bugged, and can often be gamebreaking - - -
Some of these are wishlists and not real issues but some of them are and are probably being addressed
While I can't connect to any games (currently searching to no avail) I can't return this game. I played this offline with Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 before getting online; but mostly frustrated that I can't join anyone's session and friends can play matchmaking or play campaign/customs. It's hard to wait awhile, I want to return the game but then I don't want to. Then I don't know if having campus WIFI might make connecting to others nearly impossible. Though I have to wait until Wednesday to find out... and I don't want to wait any longer, but can't do anything about, so waiting patiently it is :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10