Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

WHY ARE TEAMS STILL ALWAYS UNEVEN?!?!!

OP Shartemis

Seriously, this was an easy patch that should have been done week 1, if not day one.

I am no expert programmer but it seems really easy to me to put an if...then line of code that prevents matches from even starting until there is an even number of players.

Right now, it feels like there is an if...then line of code that only allows matches to start IF the teams are uneven.

343, here is how matchmaking worked in the past. Games only start when they are even. Lone players are matched with lone players. Groups are matched with groups. And rank is taken into account.

This shouldn't be complex since the coding has been around for 10 years. Seriously, did a bunch of amateurs program this game?
I am a programmer for 5 years now and I agree with you.

I can't believe this is still going on...

Here 343, take this :
Quote:
int numberOfPlayers = 0;

do {
getOnePlayer();
numberOfPlayers++;
}
while (numberOfPlayers < 8);

startGame();
You're welcome.

Here 343, take this :
Quote:
int numberOfPlayers = 0;

do {
getOnePlayer();
numberOfPlayers++;
}

startGame();

You're welcome.
Thaaaaank you!! Every time I play an uneven game I'm just baffled on how they could just goof on that do hard.. Not to mention why 10 players? 8 is easier to find and 4v4s have always been the staple of slayer and objective game modes excluding BTB.
It's because they are incompetent idiots.

Their reasoning is that just starting the game with 4v3 or 5v4 is faster. But the point is to play a game that's fun. Unfair games aren't fun. Unfair games only make it take much longer to find a game that is actually fun to play.

Because of their idiotic algorithm, instead of waiting an extra 30-60 seconds for a fun game with an even number of players, I now have to endure 10 minutes of frustration.

Here 343, take this :
Quote:
int numberOfPlayers = 0;

do {
getOnePlayer();
numberOfPlayers++;
}

startGame();

You're welcome.
Thank you! Seriously 343 should just copy and paste that in to the game tonight so that I don't have to deal with this crap anymore