Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Why can't we vote on the maps on mcc halo reach?

OP Redwood6699

I can not think of one legitimate reason. This absolutely needs to be brought back.
Because it leads to people voting for the same 2-3 maps over and over again.
Idk if it's because of the same maps being played frequently, as if you play for hours on end, it does that anyway, or if it's because it reduces time between games. If it saves even 10 seconds search time, look at how many more games would be saved, after 1,000/10,000/100,000 games.
They take away voteing to stop the same maps poping up. My buddy got tempest 7 times in a row the other night. Only this time we had no choice in deciding. That’s only one example. So bring back voteing to solve the problem of same maps poping up
Why? Because I don't know if you know this, but there are some players who DON'T want to play Hemorrhage 12 times in a row.
Xelyx wrote:
Because it leads to people voting for the same 2-3 maps over and over again.
*Sanctuary
Thats funny because im having the same issue not voting & getting the same maps over & over.
Voting was what made the game enjoyable.... voting allows the players to make a decision. also vetoing was a way to change the map choices. Not being able to vote is what makes you get the same map and not be able to have a say in what you actually want to play.... I constantly get the same maps. I hardly get the good ones.
@jonnyjonski

If you don't have a choice in voting or vetoing, how can you stop getting hemorrhage if the game keeps giving it to you? The power of choice is what gives the people the ability to decide what is to be played..... I don't, and many others, do not want to be forced to play maps that cannot be decided on.... What this is making people do is rage quit before the game even gets started. so now you are left with unbalanced teams...
LOL at people thinking that voting gives you a variety of maps. Clearly people don't remember Halo with voting. I get a way better variety without it. Sure every now and then I might get a repeat map but way more rare than when voting was around. Quitters already ruin games doing and as soon as they see a voting not going their way they dashboard quit. Halo has been way way better since they removed voting.
Mcc with voting was the same 3 maps per game. Now we are having the same problem. But we don’t have a choice but to play the crap maps
Man, remember how having voting really made things better for BTB back in the day? Oh, wait, it didn't? It was just Halo 3 all the time because that's all everybody voted unless you went in with a bunch of people and commanded the majority vote?

Oh, right.
Myrmidont wrote:
Man, remember how having voting really made things better for BTB back in the day? Oh, wait, it didn't? It was just Halo 3 all the time because that's all everybody voted unless you went in with a bunch of people and commanded the majority vote?

Oh, right.
And when you did go in with enough players to swing the vote to something other than Halo 3, most of the other players would just quit.
Willko wrote:
Myrmidont wrote:

Oh, right.
And when you did go in with enough players to swing the vote to something other than Halo 3, most of the other players would just quit.
You really start to realize how bad it was when you notice so many people had some variation of "Halo 3 or I quit" as their clan tags.
Myrmidont wrote:
Willko wrote:
Myrmidont wrote:

Oh, right.
You really start to realize how bad it was when you notice so many people had some variation of "Halo 3 or I quit" as their clan tags.
I used to like Halo 3 back before MCC came out. It was never my favorite, I always liked Halo CE and Halo 2 more. But, back then, I found Halo 3 to be fun as well.

Then, MCC utterly beat any and all enjoyment for Halo 3 out of me. I'd go into matchmaking with my fingers crossed, just hoping for something other than Halo 3 to get chosen. Then, nope, just more Halo 3. It ended up driving me away from matchmaking entirely because the whole experience was just unenjoyable. Matchmaking was just a repeating loop of disappointment. I can't even stand playing Halo 3 anymore, mainly because of the utter disdain I gained for it from getting my hopes up for Halo CE or Halo 2 matches back before the Match Composer was added.
Thats funny because im having the same issue not voting & getting the same maps over & over.
Haha that's everyone's problem too right now
They need to do this... Work on this!!!!
Would be a ton better.
Voting will not return. They will just skip the crap they hate. Not our fault the devs didn't want to accept other custom maps in the rotation.