Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Why did 343i mess with the spawns?

OP AtP Angel

Having played the MCC a fair amount over the last week I've been glad to see that connections are great for the most part and with dedicated servers, gone are the days of being DDoS'd at high level.

One thing however that has been grinding my gears is that they have clearly made changes to the spawn system making you far more likely to spawn on your team mate. Particularly in the H3 doubles playlist but also in arena, this completely spoils the flow of the game, punishing good players who 1) have knowledge of the spawn system, and 2) will often challenge 2v1, often winning the first fight and about to win the second, only to be spawned on and having to fight the guy who just died a second time.

Not really much more to say aside from change it back. Nobody ever used to complain about the spawns but I hear it down the mic at least once or twice a game and it's infuriating when it completely spoils great game types like King of the Hill when players constantly spawn IN THE HILL just because they have 1 team mate nearby.
I second this, hopefully they can change it back asap...
Spawns in Halo 2 are also still broken. I have yet to play a single match in which every member of both teams has started at their respective home spawns. It completely ruined a BTB match earlier for me, as my team spawned scattered across the map while the other was close together near the weapon pick-ups. I mean, I spawned facing a corner on the edge of the map ffs. The spawns also gave my team a clear advantage in the H2 arena playlist multiple times, since we spawned normally yet the other team spawned with their backs to us and in the open.
Spawns were always broken in Halo 2 forge maps. Always spawns in the same place. They never fixed that.
Aside from spawning into the enemy’s base at the start of a match, spawns have been working fine for me. From my recollection the spawn system has always worked like that in Halo 3. I’m no expert on the spawning algorithm so I could be wrong, but the spawning system tries to spawn you with teammates. In doubles it’s probably more noticeable because there are less opponents to “pressure” the algorithm into spawning teammates further.
Aside from spawning into the enemy’s base at the start of a match, spawns have been working fine for me. From my recollection the spawn system has always worked like that in Halo 3. I’m no expert on the spawning algorithm so I could be wrong, but the spawning system tries to spawn you with teammates. In doubles it’s probably more noticeable because there are less opponents to “pressure” the algorithm into spawning teammates further.
Mate I've been playing h3 for 10 years, having played with all the best players with a 50 in all playlists. Yes you spawn with your teammate, but not while he's being shot at. Having helped more than 100 people get their doubles 50 i am 100% sure the spawns have changed.
Spawns were always broken in Halo 2 forge maps. Always spawns in the same place. They never fixed that.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure spawns were never touched by 343 for the patch. The further back you go, with Halo games, the more broken the spawns were
Spawns in Halo 2 are also still broken. I have yet to play a single match in which every member of both teams has started at their respective home spawns. It completely ruined a BTB match earlier for me, as my team spawned scattered across the map while the other was close together near the weapon pick-ups. I mean, I spawned facing a corner on the edge of the map ffs. The spawns also gave my team a clear advantage in the H2 arena playlist multiple times, since we spawned normally yet the other team spawned with their backs to us and in the open.
Actually the spawns at the start of the match are always random unless its objective and it has always been like that.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure spawns were never touched by 343 for the patch. The further back you go, with Halo games, the more broken the spawns were
They definitely were dude. Its a big current complaint from the h3 competitive community at the moment.
Actually, spawns always worked perfectly for me with forge maps in Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4. I never had any problems with those. Halo 2 forge is the only one that's totally broken.
AtP Angel wrote:
They definitely were dude. Its a big current complaint from the h3 competitive community at the moment.
Ill take your word for it then. I've played a fair bit of Halo 3, since the patch, and the spawns are just as I remember them from 10 years ago
Halo 2 spawns are the worst I've ever seen them. We've tried showing them some videos to help, but no mention of the spawn system being touched in H2 MCC :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQV_jKyWidw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIlpoj6X1LU
AtP Angel wrote:
Post a couple clips showing what your describing. Perhaps we can break down what went wrong in the clip.