Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Why did TMCC change Halo 4?

OP Geth Pathfinder

Where did the Mantis/Banshee on Exile go?
Why is it rare to run into Infinity Slayer?
Why were the DLC weapon skins and armor removed?
Why was Survivor removed?
Why is personal ordinance removed?
The list goes on.
Don’t let me get started on cross playlists.

I have been playing the original Halo 4(backwards compatable) and then I played Halo 4 as part of TMCC. I noticed that everything I liked in Halo 4 has been removed leaving a husk of a game. Above are the major differences and issues. My biggest problem is no dedicated Halo 4 BTB playlist. Seriously, my favorite mode in Halo 4 is BTB. I love vehicles. I know ordinance and personal loadouts were not popular but they were what Halo 4 was based on. Don’t like personal loadouts and ordinance, don’t play Halo 4. Anyway I just feel like TMCC tried to make Halo 4 appeal to the classic fans but instead made a game classic fans still dislike and change everything I liked about it. Halo 4 was based off of customization and without it, it’s just soulless. I’m just going to keep playing the original version.
H4 is my least played Halo game but I can say there is ordnance drops on the MCC.
Yeah they were trying to fix the things people were complaining about when halo 4 was released. Honestly like it or not halo 4 had a unique play style that is sometimes fun and refreshing to go back to casually. However they took out the fun stuff for the mcc version in order to please fans that didn't like the halo 4 changes.
I guess I haven't played enough Halo 4 on MCC to notice any of those things. I'm sure they are all still in the game itself still
The list goes on.

I have been playing the original Halo 4(backwards compatable) and then I played Halo 4 as part of TMCC. I noticed that everything I liked in Halo 4 has been removed leaving a husk of a game. Above are the major differences and issues. My biggest problem is no dedicated Halo 4 BTB playlist. Seriously, my favorite mode in Halo 4 is BTB. I love vehicles. I know ordinance and personal loadouts were not popular but they were what Halo 4 was based on. Don’t like personal loadouts and ordinance, don’t play Halo 4. Anyway I just feel like TMCC tried to make Halo 4 appeal to the classic fans but instead made a game classic fans still dislike and change everything I liked about it. Halo 4 was based off of customization and without it, it’s just soulless. I’m just going to keep playing the original version.
Kind of agree but I mostly dislike H4 so I kind agree with you about Halo 4 getting it's own playlist. I'd rather just play classic Halo BTB over H4. Sadly the only good parts for me were removed like Dominion since I liked making the turrets. Not sure how H4 is meant to cater to the classic fans since it does nothing to make it feel like classic Halo, it's like when 343i tried to add 'classic playlists' in H5 that played barely anything like the originals. As for customisation I agree since found it irritating that everything was automatically unlocked since stole my personal feeling like I earned something but I'm mainly thankful they didn't put any pointless micro-transactions into MCC are that would annoyed me the most.
The MCC version of H4 is better than H4 IMO. It plays so much better with the removal of some of the armor abilities and ordinance drops.
LethalQ wrote:
The MCC version of H4 is better than H4 IMO. It plays so much better with the removal of some of the armor abilities and ordinance drops.
The only difference is the bump to 60fps, otherwise it's the same, unlike another game in tmcc...
LethalQ wrote:
The only difference is the bump to 60fps, otherwise it's the same, unlike another game in tmcc...
No it's not, as I said they took away ordinance drops and a lot of the armor abilities. It is a slightly stripped down version of H4.
You're absolutely right OP on MCC ditching abilities and ordnances to help classic fans like it better, it's still crap but much better than vanilla H4.
You're absolutely right OP on MCC ditching abilities and ordnances to help classic fans like it better, it's still crap but much better than vanilla H4.
What are you talking about? Halo TMCC is “vanilla”. It is stripped of everything that made Halo 4 so good. Why is Legendary Slayer so common? There is hardly any Infinity Slayer and I have never seen personal Ordinance only the standard map Ordinance(which basically is the same as weapon placements). Of course all the Halos in TMCC have less vehicles. Why are Scorpions removed on most maps(even CE’s Bloodgulch).

Like I said earlier, classic fans won’t like it anyway. Why change it? This is all my opinion but I think that Halo 4 was the best Halo(Story and Multiplayer). Customization is what Halo 4 was all about, getting rid of customization alienates the loyal fans of Halo 4. At least I can speak for myself and one of my Live friends who plays a lot of Halo 4. We both play the original version. Like I said, why change a game to cater to classic fans when many people liked the original game and the classic fans will still call it trash anyway?
What are you talking about? Halo TMCC is “vanilla”. It is stripped of everything that made Halo 4 so good. Why is Legendary Slayer so common? There is hardly any Infinity Slayer and I have never seen personal Ordinance only the standard map Ordinance(which basically is the same as weapon placements). Of course all the Halos in TMCC have less vehicles. Why are Scorpions removed on most maps(even CE’s Bloodgulch).

Like I said earlier, classic fans won’t like it anyway. Why change it? This is all my opinion but I think that Halo 4 was the best Halo(Story and Multiplayer). Customization is what Halo 4 was all about, getting rid of customization alienates the loyal fans of Halo 4. At least I can speak for myself and one of my Live friends who plays a lot of Halo 4. We both play the original version. Like I said, why change a game to cater to classic fans when many people liked the original game and the classic fans will still call it trash anyway?
The mcc H4 isn't vanilla as it's not the original, Vanilla doesn't mean stripped down.

"Like I said earlier, classic fans won’t like it anyway. Why change it?" why change it? Cause why keep the original when people didn't like it? I imagine they changed things hoping it might get played more than it would've been had they kept it the same. The issue is why would I play it when halo 1-3 is also on the same disc. It's a case where you just leave halo 4 alone and work on the older ones for those who prefer it over 4. I still stand by the mcc H4 being better than the

"Customization is what Halo 4 was all about, getting rid of customization alienates the loyal fans of Halo 4" downgrading customization has been an ever going thing with 343. I can't tell you why they do it, they just do.

i also didn't care to much for customization (I never have for any halo game). What I did like about H4 was it playing around with new modes I.E. richochet and trying to make other modes better (some for worse and some for better). Rock N Rail was pretty fun and you had lightning flag or slayer to play. I think it was an awful halo game but was a fun game by itself. So I wouldn't say that it's "bad", but not a good halo game which we could argue all day. The other big thing I liked (that halo 5 ruined) was trying to implement the story of chiefs "humanity". Halo 4 to me was trying to send the message that the story direction would change on how they handled it and I was intrigued by it. I liked reach through H3, but they're not stories one can get deeply invested in like you could've potentially with H4 had H5 not ruined and dropped H4s progress.
The list goes on.
Balancing reasons, more likely than not.
Infinity Slayer is terrible, glad it's gone
DLC weapons and skins are kinda... Weird. When they were added to H4, they weren't enabled in Spartan Ops, so I guess it has something to do with that. Wouldn't mind Prefect armor though.
Never played that.
What was that again?

I'm more miffed that they haven't removed Flood and H2A infection, as those are the weakest Infection game types in the MCC. I really hate that, in spite of the fact I paid 200+ dollars for a console, got a copy of MCC, and have to either pay or use a 14 day trail to get on Xbox Live, (using the Internet I already pay for, thanks for holding that hostage, Microsoft), I can still get banned for dashboarding when I'm not having fun.
But that's another can of worms for another day
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
No it's not, as I said they took away ordinance drops and a lot of the armor abilities. It is a slightly stripped down version of H4.
I was just talking about the gameplay, I already know that most of the dlc content for h4 isn't in tmcc
I think the H4 game types need to be reworked for BTB. At least %50 of the game types are dominion, one of the least popular game types in H4, the dominion playlist always had a low population. And lockdown, what is with that game type. No radar, single base dominion, like what?! Who made that decision? Why not use the game types used in the original BTB? Maybe even heavies, it was popular.
I think the H4 game types need to be reworked for BTB. At least %50 of the game types are dominion, one of the least popular game types in H4, the dominion playlist always had a low population. And lockdown, what is with that game type. No radar, single base dominion, like what?! Who made that decision? Why not use the game types used in the original BTB? Maybe even heavies, it was popular.
Dominion is one of my favorites, and it must be liked because whenever I play halo 4 on the MCC it's usually dominion. Lockdown is not that fun though and I think they should put heavies in instead of lockdown.
I'm pretty sure ordinance is still in halo 4 MCC
Wait, there was a mantis and a banshee on Exile? But that map is so tiny!