Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Why Do I have to unlock the Reach armour again?

OP X19Doug95

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
It wasn't that fun back on the 360 and it looks less fun now.

Like who asked for this? And why did you ask for this? I already unlocked everything. I don't want to do it again.
"It wasn't that fun back on the 360 and it looks less fun now.." - If it's less fun to you, then don't play. No one cares.
"Like who asked for this?" - Everyone asked for it, except for you.
"And why did you ask for this?" - Because it's remastered, on a different platform, and has provided new ways to unlock armor through seasons, commendations, and rank; bringing people back, instead of letting everyone enter with everything unlocked.
"I already unlocked everything. I don't want to do it again." - Good.
"It wasn't that fun back on the 360 and it looks less fun now.." - If it's less fun to you, then don't play. No one cares.
"And why did you ask for this?" - Because it's remastered, on a different platform, and has provided new ways to unlock armor through seasons, commendations, and rank; bringing people back, instead of letting everyone enter with everything unlocked.
Hey bro how much does 343I pay you? Do you enjoy insulting strangers? I bet you are so strong and you talk to everyone in public with that tone.
Yea.. this is a little startling for me as well. I know people wanted customization, but to have to redo everything? That seems a little out there.
Yea.. this is a little startling for me as well. I know people wanted customization, but to have to redo everything? That seems a little out there.
Well player's need a reason to level up dude. Why is this even a thread. The majority of the fan base wanted this. Why should 343 cater to your specific needs.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
X19Doug95 wrote:

Like who asked for this? And why did you ask for this? I already unlocked everything. I don't want to do it again.
See my post here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/disappointment-w-reach-on-mcc/56422b20-4879-4864-a575-f265d9fd04da/posts
Trust me, I'm disappointed too.
rapidwarp wrote:
Well player's need a reason to level up dude. Why is this even a thread. The majority of the fan base wanted this. Why should 343 cater to your specific needs.
Majority of fanbase wanted battlepass? wack
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
X19Doug95 wrote:

Well as long as the grind isn't insanely long, I'll deal with it. Though I do have to ask why we need to unlock the preorder bonuses and the Eternal effect, we already paid for the bonuses, up to $150+ and Eternal was basically a gift.
Sulligy wrote:
rapidwarp wrote:
Majority of fanbase wanted battlepass? wack
The majority of the fan base wanted a progression and customization system like reach. The actual armor customization is just like Reach but ue4 armors look sexy af. The minority of the fan base doesn't seem to mind the progression system as it's not monetized.
rapidwarp wrote:
I wouldnt have minded a system that toned down the grinding, but this is awful. You get no EXP for Campaign or Custom games, EXP gain itself feels incredibly slow, and you dont unlock any shoulder customization until Tier 2. If it took me 2 hours to get to the Recon helmet, how long will it take me to get some Shoulder pads? Or a chestpiece? I'd take the old system any day over this new one.
Hey bro how much does 343I pay you? Do you enjoy insulting strangers? I bet you are so strong and you talk to everyone in public with that tone.
343 doesn't have to pay people for compliments unlike other companies and he isn't wrong and he isn't insulting him. He's responding to the guy's post and answering his questions.
Delta5931 wrote:
rapidwarp wrote:
I wouldnt have minded a system that toned down the grinding, but this is awful. You get no EXP for Campaign or Custom games, EXP gain itself feels incredibly slow, and you dont unlock any shoulder customization until Tier 2. If it took me 2 hours to get to the Recon helmet, how long will it take me to get some Shoulder pads? Or a chestpiece? I'd take the old system any day over this new one.
The XP system isn't slow if you can finish a whole tier and more in about 2 hours. It's not like the season is going to end by Friday. You'll have months to get everything just by casually playing and you'll get everything pretty fast. You obviously haven't played any other games ever if you think this is a horrible grind.
rapidwarp wrote:
To be honest I'm kinda with him. I work full time and don't have the time to spend the whole day gaming just to get the armor like I did 9 years ago. It does bum me out a bit considering I had all the armor unlocked besides the Haunted helmet, and most, if not all, of my armor is near last to unlock in MCC.
ParrotTom wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:

Well as long as the grind isn't insanely long, I'll deal with it. Though I do have to ask why we need to unlock the preorder bonuses and the Eternal effect, we already paid for the bonuses, up to $150+ and Eternal was basically a gift.
Maybe because it's a brand new game. You didn't pay $150 for this game you paid $10. This is not the same game that you bought on the 360. You do not get everything for free just because you played the original. Have you never played a remaster before?
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
rapidwarp wrote:
The XP system isn't slow if you can finish a whole tier and more in about 2 hours. It's not like the season is going to end by Friday. You'll have months to get everything just by casually playing and you'll get everything pretty fast. You obviously haven't played any other games ever if you think this is a horrible grind.
I did not finish a tier. I got three unlocks from the first tier after two hours of game time. The issue isnt the season ending, it's that it's going to take hours to get the content that I want or customization options I want that would otherwise be avaliable almost at the start in the original Reach.

There are worse grinds than this, but this is pretty bad. I'd also advise against making generalized assumptions about how many games I've played, pal.
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
rapidwarp wrote:
I did not finish a tier. I got three unlocks from the first tier after two hours of game time. The issue isnt the season ending, it's that it's going to take hours to get the content that I want or customization options I want that would otherwise be avaliable almost at the start in the original Reach.

There are worse grinds than this, but this is pretty bad. I'd also advise against making generalized assumptions about how many games I've played, pal.
As I said in the other post if you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours you're the problem not the game and that's how it is with literally every game with unlocks even the original Reach. You have to work for the unlocks just like you do in every other game and just like you did with the original Reach. Go back and play it again because you did not have all the customization right off the bat like you think you did.

And you obviously haven't played a whole lot if your finding this hard to grasp.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
Delta5931 wrote:
rapidwarp wrote:

As I said in the other post if you got 3 unlocks in 2 hours you're the problem not the game and that's how it is with literally every game with unlocks even the original Reach. You have to work for the unlocks just like you do in every other game and just like you did with the original Reach. Go back and play it again because you did not have all the customization right off the bat like you think you did.

And you obviously haven't played a whole lot if your finding this hard to grasp.
Halo Reach on the 360 gives the player 5000 Credits from the start and the ability to purchase three helmets as well as some Shoulder pieces, possibly even a chest piece. Already, I have more customization options there within 10 minutes of booting the game than I do after two hours with this season pass system.

You're also the person who's telling me that had difficulty understanding that I did not unlock three tiers within two hours, but three unlocks. Perhaps my grasp of the system isnt the one that should be called into question?

EDIT: Actually checked, the original Halo Reach gives you the CQC Base for free, Hazop for 7,000 CR at Recruit, ODST for about 2,000 CR at Recruit, and FJ/PARA Shoulders for 250 CR each at Recruit.
I don’t mind having to unlock stuff again, but I am disappointed each player has to unlock the same items in the same order.

Unlike the original Halo: Reach, where you could save up and buy an expensive item first. That said, I believe 343i has addressed this.

I wonder if this system was chosen as it’s more “Battle Pass”-like; and therefore more than likely better for player retention than being able to buy what you want right away, and then potentially quit playing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10