Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Why Do I have to unlock the Reach armour again?

OP X19Doug95

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15
I don’t like the linear style either, but my main thing was that I could unlock some pretty cool armor to start customizing my character with just by playing the campaign, and now you don’t get cr from playing the campaign anymore. I also miss the weekly challenges.
!•rage quit incoming•!
Sulligy wrote:
rapidwarp wrote:
Yea.. this is a little startling for me as well. I know people wanted customization, but to have to redo everything? That seems a little out there.
Well player's need a reason to level up dude. Why is this even a thread. The majority of the fan base wanted this. Why should 343 cater to your specific needs.
Majority of fanbase wanted battlepass? wack
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a clown. Please do not repost content clowns have removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum clown decision, please private message the applicable clown.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Ok here's the deal id say it's cool to unlock all the armor but considering MCC already gave us the extra armor in the previous Halos I just can't understand why we would have to grind for Reach armor when we literally got for free the halo 2 anniversary special armors, halo 3, and Halo 4 armors. So yea it doesn't make sense. If you gonna make us grind make us grind for everything. It doesn't make sense to have people 100% start over just because it's reupdated version be what kind of excuse my French B.S. is that. Halo 3 and Halo 4 had unlockable armors and had a lvl up system why we do we have entirely different rank up system for Reach is beyyyoooond me in the words of Haha Davis from IG.
Ok here's the deal id say it's cool to unlock all the armor but considering MCC already gave us the extra armor in the previous Halos I just can't understand why we would have to grind for Reach armor when we literally got for free the halo 2 anniversary special armors, halo 3, and Halo 4 armors. So yea it doesn't make sense. If you gonna make us grind make us grind for everything. It doesn't make sense to have people 100% start over just because it's reupdated version be what kind of excuse my French B.S. is that. Halo 3 and Halo 4 had unlockable armors and had a lvl up system why we do we have entirely different rank up system for Reach is beyyyoooond me in the words of Haha Davis from IG.
People didn't like the lack of guaranteed progression (ranks were based on skill and could be lowered/reset because of bugs). With the addition of Halo: Reach, making its armor unlockable was a logical choice (especially with all the praise the original game's system gets nowadays).
"It wasn't that fun back on the 360 and it looks less fun now.." - If it's less fun to you, then don't play. No one cares.
"Like who asked for this?" - Everyone asked for it, except for you.
"And why did you ask for this?" - Because it's remastered, on a different platform, and has provided new ways to unlock armor through seasons, commendations, and rank; bringing people back, instead of letting everyone enter with everything unlocked.
"I already unlocked everything. I don't want to do it again." - Good.
Wow could you be more antagonistic?
For those of us adults who were old enough to play the original and put in a lot of time and effort unlocking those items there should be a way of at least vastly accelerating the process a second time around. At the very least just check the achievements. If a Reach achievement was unlocked before Reach on TMCC, they should get a permanent 20x accelerator on their account.
"It wasn't that fun back on the 360 and it looks less fun now.." - If it's less fun to you, then don't play. No one cares.
"And why did you ask for this?" - Because it's remastered, on a different platform, and has provided new ways to unlock armor through seasons, commendations, and rank; bringing people back, instead of letting everyone enter with everything unlocked.
For those of us adults who were old enough to play the original and put in a lot of time and effort unlocking those items there should be a way of at least vastly accelerating the process a second time around. At the very least just check the achievements. If a Reach achievement was unlocked before Reach on TMCC, they should get a permanent 20x accelerator on their account.
As 343 Industries have stated, these games aren't in any way linked to their original versions.

As an adult, you should understand that the original still exists with your hard work intact. If you don't want to do it again at a higher frame rate, that's a perfectly logical (and adult, since you value that so much) reason not to.
As 343 Industries have stated, these games aren't in any way linked to their original versions.

As an adult, you should understand that the original still exists with your hard work intact. If you don't want to do it again at a higher frame rate, that's a perfectly logical (and adult, since you value that so much) reason not to.
Yeah, but they could easily check achievements. That's a XBL check they could do without needing access to any other data and that's data they definitely have available to them. Other games have done it as well.
It's still lame to grind so hard and then come back to play it again and none of the progress is there. I mean, half the nostalgia is gone when you remove personal agency from the situation and this isn't like an RPG where the fun in the game is building your character through the story, which necessitates a reset of the character anyway. Also don't know why you have disdain for adults, but let's not get off topic. So yeah, technically Halo: Reach is back, but does it really feel like it? No, because it's not my Halo Reach. Unlike the other games in the Halo series available on TMCC I can't go back to playing my character, my emblem, etc.
I mean, if the "fun" is in the progress, then why not completely reset everyone's unlocks every six months or so?

Yeah, but they could easily check achievements. That's a XBL check they could do without needing access to any other data and that's data they definitely have available to them. Other games have done it as well.
It's still lame to grind so hard and then come back to play it again and none of the progress is there. I mean, half the nostalgia is gone when you remove personal agency from the situation and this isn't like an RPG where the fun in the game is building your character through the story, which necessitates a reset of the character anyway. Also don't know why you have disdain for adults, but let's not get off topic. So yeah, technically Halo: Reach is back, but does it really feel like it? No, because it's not my Halo Reach. Unlike the other games in the Halo series available on TMCC I can't go back to playing my character, my emblem, etc.
I mean, if the "fun" is in the progress, then why not completely reset everyone's unlocks every six months or so?
interesting ideas here but I still dont understand the hype. I just finished TMCC reach armor collection and I did it the same way as the first time. I did not even think about it. Just play the game and you get the armor. No big deal.
HC SOlO wrote:

interesting ideas here but I still dont understand the hype. I just finished TMCC reach armor collection and I did it the same way as the first time. I did not even think about it. Just play the game and you get the armor. No big deal.
If it's no biggie they should just give us the option of having it all at once or choose to grind them out.
HC SOlO wrote:

If it's no biggie they should just give us the option of having it all at once or choose to grind them out.
The majority of the community seemed to not like having all the armor and stuff at the beginning of MCC and we wanted to re-earn the stuff. While I didn't really like the linear point system they used for the reach stuff it was better than just having it. MCC is supposed to be "reliving the games"... You can't relive the games if everything is there right away.
LethalQ wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

The majority of the community seemed to not like having all the armor and stuff at the beginning of MCC and we wanted to re-earn the stuff. While I didn't really like the linear point system they used for the reach stuff it was better than just having it. MCC is supposed to be "reliving the games"... You can't relive the games if everything is there right away.
I completely disagree. I don't feel like I'm reliving the game. I feel like it's not my game because I already had the experience. Now I just don't have anything to show for all my effort which makes me less engaged. The exact same thing happened with Destiny. Destiny 1 blew hard at launch. Just no content, but they promised a ten year game so I stuck with it. The game got better and I had invested so much time and all my stuff kept moving with me and my character was my character throughout and played it for three years straight for God knows how many hundreds of hours. Then Destiny 2 comes out, none of your previous gear or stats or anything came across and after a month I was completely done with it despite buying the expensive edition with the season pass. Everything I worked for was gone so I had no reason to stay so I quit. That's why this stuff is important.
As it stands now Reach is just a rough Halo 4 beta that doesn't represent my Halo: Reach. This is some boring retread with some nauseating, Call-of-Duty/Fortnite-esque battlepass connected to it.
That's just how it feels.
People didn't like the lack of guaranteed progression (ranks were based on skill and could be lowered/reset because of bugs). With the addition of Halo: Reach, making its armor unlockable was a logical choice (especially with all the praise the original game's system gets nowadays).
Boy do i sure love or hate grinding if it depends of the "system"
LethalQ wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

I completely disagree. I don't feel like I'm reliving the game. I feel like it's not my game because I already had the experience. Now I just don't have anything to show for all my effort which makes me less engaged. The exact same thing happened with Destiny. Destiny 1 blew hard at launch. Just no content, but they promised a ten year game so I stuck with it. The game got better and I had invested so much time and all my stuff kept moving with me and my character was my character throughout and played it for three years straight for God knows how many hundreds of hours. Then Destiny 2 comes out, none of your previous gear or stats or anything came across and after a month I was completely done with it despite buying the expensive edition with the season pass. Everything I worked for was gone so I had no reason to stay so I quit. That's why this stuff is important.
As it stands now Reach is just a rough Halo 4 beta that doesn't represent my Halo: Reach. This is some boring retread with some nauseating, Call-of-Duty/Fortnite-esque battlepass connected to it.
I agree. Its time that the age of the battle pass needs to stop.
LethalQ wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

Considering the "ten year plan" for Destiny was for the franchise and not a single game, that doesn't really work here. The point you're making is still clear even without it, though.
HC SOlO wrote:

you dont get a choice....you have to earn it like everyone. That is what is not a big deal.... JUST PLAY THE GAME and have a nice day!
Myrmidont wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

Considering the "ten year plan" for Destiny was for the franchise and not a single game, that doesn't really work here. The point you're making is still clear even without it, though.
I know the ten year plan was for the franchise, not Destiny 1. Hell, we knew about the sequels and expansions well before the first game was released in the Modern Warfare 2 lawsuit. The pitch for the original ten year plan though was you would have a persistent online character and gear and experience across the franchise. They failed on that front when they wiped your loot and none of Destiny 1's content carried over. It was a hard break. No persistence.
HC SOlO wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

you dont get a choice....you have to earn it like everyone. That is what is not a big deal.... JUST PLAY THE GAME and have a nice day!
I did earn it. Ten years ago, bud. You don't get to say it's not a big deal and then argue that it's a big enough deal to argue that they shouldn't just let people have it if they want it. It would have been easier to let people have everything than to create a battlepass around it, so again your argument is invalid. Your silly "not a big deal" argument is invalid. It's been disproved on two fronts. Now that that's settled, you may go about your day. Bye!
Myrmidont wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:

I know the ten year plan was for the franchise, not Destiny 1. Hell, we knew about the sequels and expansions well before the first game was released in the Modern Warfare 2 lawsuit. The pitch for the original ten year plan though was you would have a persistent online character and gear and experience across the franchise. They failed on that front when they wiped your loot and none of Destiny 1's content carried over. It was a hard break. No persistence.
Yeah, that's fair enough. I feel the D2 campaign was a decent enough justification of losing said loot, but I fully recognize that many weren't on board with that. Though the difference between Destiny and Reach is that Reach's armor is purely cosmetic whereas Destiny's loot had a hell of an impact on your gameplay. I'll be honest, I have zero issue with your feelings on the matter and my response was more of a "wait, people still think D1 was supposed to be a ten year single game?"
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 15