Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Why Do I have to unlock the Reach armour again?

OP X19Doug95

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15
I don't mind having to unlock everything again. It makes sense as it's a 'new' game but the season / tier progression system sucks.

The way you have to unlock things one after the other and get to at least level 50 to start to get even the most mediocre stuff is just frustrating.
I am not bothered by it. It's different thank the 350 version
I'm extremely bothered by this and i don't see why people don't understand
1) back in 2011 it took me like a couple years to unlock everything and i can confidently say i played at least 4 hours a day and NO I LIED i didn't unlock everything since i never made it to inheritor i still need that helmet
2) let's say i was like 14 or 15 years old with all the time in the world not anymore
3) to all the people saying is a new game ITS NOT is the same game, same graphics same gameplay they just optimized it and polished the visuals and runs at 60 fps (supposedly)
4) why the heck they just don't let us retain or previous stuff if people want to unlock stuff again give them the option but why also don't give us the option to have what we already unlocked

This is why when i noticed my armor was missing i yelled loudly F That! I'm not doing this again! Because honestly back in 2011 it was too much grind specially those ridiculously expensive armor effects thanks for reading my rant see you starside
It doesn't even take that long to unlock all 100 items, I really don't see what the problem is. A dude did it in 90 hours of gameplay. That is 9% of the time it took me to get to 152 on it lol... It's nothing, even if you only played an hour a day, doing decent of course, you'd have your stuff in 3 months. Say double XP is never available for you, then 6 months.
Vytlo5569 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
X19Doug95 wrote:
I already unlocked everything. I don't want to do it again.
If we had everything unlocked from 360 people like you would complain that you couldn't grind to earn the armor you already earned. How do I know? Because that's what 343 did with HCE-H4 and the community complained that we had the armor already unlocked. We asked for Reach and we got it is that not enough? Did I mention that this grind is even quicker than the original? Some people are just so unthankful.
Noble BXR wrote:
I'm extremely bothered by this and i don't see why people don't understand
1) back in 2011 it took me like a couple years to unlock everything and i can confidently say i played at least 4 hours a day and NO I LIED i didn't unlock everything since i never made it to inheritor i still need that helmet
2) let's say i was like 14 or 15 years old with all the time in the world not anymore
3) to all the people saying is a new game ITS NOT is the same game, same graphics same gameplay they just optimized it and polished the visuals and runs at 60 fps (supposedly)
4) why the heck they just don't let us retain or previous stuff if people want to unlock stuff again give them the option but why also don't give us the option to have what we already unlocked

This is why when i noticed my armor was missing i yelled loudly F That! I'm not doing this again! Because honestly back in 2011 it was too much grind specially those ridiculously expensive armor effects thanks for reading my rant see you starside
1 and 2)The new grind doesn’t take that long though. The grind is there to help keep the population engaged for longer. What’s the problem with the new system? I’m already at rank 52.

3-4) It is technically a different game. If you don’t like the it, keep playing the OG Reach.
I also miss the old system. i dont mind a battlepass but i only just switched over to pc and never got much time on my xbox, thats why it kinda makes me sad that i have to grind for my old stuff again.
in all honesty i want the old ways back and i hope 343i takes everyones opinion into mind, i love the fact they remasterd but they should atleast give you the choice to cross save just like they did with destiny. Because if you had the choice basically it would make everyone happy. wanna grind again? go for it. want your old stuff back? no worries.
seems alot easyer that way.

still tho, ty for remastering :)
Yea.. this is a little startling for me as well. I know people wanted customization, but to have to redo everything? That seems a little out there.
they should give us the option to cross save, have our own choice just like in d2
I don't mind having to unlock everything again. It makes sense as it's a 'new' game but the season / tier progression system sucks.

The way you have to unlock things one after the other and get to at least level 50 to start to get even the most mediocre stuff is just frustrating.
Again this, that linear progression needs to be removed, that's the only fix that would actually fix this. I have no issues with re-earning everything, I just think its stupid we have to unlock in a strait line.... It removes the control from the player, and feels like chores not rewards....
X19Doug95 wrote:
If we had everything unlocked from 360 people like you would complain that you couldn't grind to earn the armor you already earned. How do I know? Because that's what 343 did with HCE-H4 and the community complained that we had the armor already unlocked. We asked for Reach and we got it is that not enough? Did I mention that this grind is even quicker than the original? Some people are just so unthankful.
No they didn't. They complained that the customization options were totally neutered. Big difference.
Same and it’s a very slow process just to get your things back from the 360, I stop caring and don’t feel like getting them back.
Spoiler:
Show
I REFUSE to pay for season passes to unlock stuff the OG Reach was the way to do it seriously 343 want me to hate you like I do EA...... Wish Granted guess I won't be playing it... pity I loved Reach
I REFUSE to pay for season passes to unlock stuff the OG Reach was the way to do it seriously 343 want me to hate you like I do EA...... Wish Granted guess I won't be playing it... pity I loved Reach
There is no charge at all... there is no plan to charge for the season plans at all. In fact they have now multiple times amongst news dumps and social streams talked about how the season passes are free and just a means to get people to interact with the game. I don't know how you can be posting on this forum and not know.
Cause no one would play reach if they didn’t have anything to grind for. Don’t @ me reach fans :^)
X19Doug95 wrote:
No they didn't. They complained that the customization options were totally neutered. Big difference.
I did complain that we had nothing to unlock in 3 and 4. The new system for Reach is fine. I’m at rank 76 after only a month.
X19Doug95 wrote:
They actually complained about both. It wouldn't matter if I was wrong anyways, it proves my point that people would complain.
People have wanted a progression system (beyond ranking) for years now, and with the inclusion of Halo: Reach, it was as good of a time as ever to add one in. You earn points (and, as such, cosmetics in Halo: Reach) when playing any of the games in matchmaking, so you'll get what you want eventually. If you don't want to do that, the Xbox 360 version still exists (as do your unlocks) and is playable on Xbox One.
People have wanted a progression system (beyond ranking) for years now, and with the inclusion of Halo: Reach, it was as good of a time as ever to add one in. You earn points (and, as such, cosmetics in Halo: Reach) when playing any of the games in matchmaking, so you'll get what you want eventually. If you don't want to do that, the Xbox 360 version still exists (as do your unlocks) and is playable on Xbox One.
I agree with this 100% ^
I don’t get the problem with the new rank system. There’s no monetary aspect, the grind is mild compared to OG Reach and 5, and the original Reach still exists for those who like the old system.
I agree with this 100% ^
I don’t get the problem with the new rank system. There’s no monetary aspect, the grind is mild compared to OG Reach and 5, and the original Reach still exists for those who like the old system.
I agree with the complaints regarding the linear unlocks, but the grind really isn't that much worse than what already existed on the Xbox 360 version. 343 Industries have done a lot of scummy things, but I've already seen people with good stuff unlocked, so this is a very mild one.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15