Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Why Do I have to unlock the Reach armour again?

OP X19Doug95

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15
Yeah, this system legitimately makes me not want to play the game. I already have enough games taking up my time, I do not need this one demanding any more of it, especially since it demands that I play game modes that I do not enjoy to make progress.
You can play any game mode as long as it is multiplayer. You can even play CE, 2, 3, or 4 and receive progress towards Reach. As you said though, "I already have enough games taking up my time, I do not need this one demanding any more of it".
This is a legacy collection. Having everything unlocked would not harm the experience. The only reason people complained about the customisation at launch was because it was an objective downgrade from the source games. Everything being unlocked at the start was never the issue.
That last sentence is a lie. People were always complaining about having the armor already unlocked. And even if the customization wasn't a downgrade from the original people would complain like I just linked.
Yeah, this system legitimately makes me not want to play the game. I already have enough games taking up my time, I do not need this one demanding any more of it, especially since it demands that I play game modes that I do not enjoy to make progress.
You can play any game mode as long as it is multiplayer. You can even play CE, 2, 3, or 4 and receive progress towards Reach. As you said though, "I already have enough games taking up my time, I do not need this one demanding any more of it".
And if I don't enjoy multiplayer? This system is horrible for those of us who only enjoy the PvE portion of the game. Say what you will about the original game's unlock system, at least I could make progress without ever having to interact with another player.
That last sentence is a lie. People were always complaining about having the armor already unlocked. And even if the customization wasn't a downgrade from the original people would complain like I just linked.
In the first thread, there was exactly one person complaining about them being unlocked, and everyone else was in favour. Hardly a widespread complaint.
And the only complaint in the second is specifically that the customisation was a downgrade from the original games. Because that's what it is.
I don’t like it either but it gives some incentive to play online. Just play the game and have fun.
And if I don't enjoy multiplayer? This system is horrible for those of us who only enjoy the PvE portion of the game. Say what you will about the original game's unlock system, at least I could make progress without ever having to interact with another player.
If you don’t enjoy multiplayer then Reach is literary the only game in the MCC that features customization in the campaign. Why not stick to the OG Reach. The biggest reason I see to jump to the MCC is the newer severs, more players, etc. The sound effect are actually superior in the OG version too.

I get that you feel left out as someone who enjoys PvE more than PvP. I actually played Halo for years just for the campaigns. However, you have to understand that a large demographic of players buy Halo for the multiplayer. Unfortunately, most FPS games are multiplayer focused with a short 5-6 hour campaign.
There is firefight though you will have teammates. Yes, you could make progress offline in the original Reach but not that much as you can see in this video.
In the first thread, there was exactly one person complaining about them being unlocked, and everyone else was in favour. Hardly a widespread complaint.
And the only complaint in the second is specifically that the customisation was a downgrade from the original games. Because that's what it is.
Yes, there was one person complaining but, no one actually approved. Look back and you will see no one says "I like this" or "I approve". Also, I never said it was "a widespread complaint" I said "people were always complaining". You know, just in case you couldn't read that. In the second thread the words "downgrade" were never said or even "worse than" or "better than". The OP of that thread was just stating what the customization SHOULD BE for MCC. Try reading all the threads first and have a good day. :)
If you don’t enjoy multiplayer then Reach is literary the only game in the MCC that features customization in the campaign. Why not stick to the OG Reach. The biggest reason I see to jump to the MCC is the newer severs, more players, etc. The sound effect are actually superior in the OG version too.
Because it runs at a higher resolution and framerate? The game runs better in MCC.
And yes, it's the only game to have customisation in the campaign. So why can't I unlock said customisation with the campaign? And that's assuming that we should have to unlock it to begin with, even though this collection was specifically released so that unlocking things wouldn't be a factor (ever notice how every single campaign mission is available from the start? That was explicitly put in so that players who had already gone through the games wouldn't have to unlock everything again).
I get that you feel left out as someone who enjoys PvE more than PvP. I actually played Halo for years just for the campaigns. However, you have to understand that a large demographic of players buy Halo for the multiplayer. Unfortunately, most FPS games are multiplayer focused with a short 5-6 hour campaign.
So we should accept a rubbish system because... other games have it?
Sorry, not gonna fly.

There is firefight though you will have teammates. Yes, you could make progress offline in the original Reach but not that much as you can see in this video.
Who said anything about Offline? Even when connected to the internet, you could make progress without other players.

Yes, there was one person complaining but, no one actually approved. Look back and you will see no one says "I like this" or "I approve". Also, I never said it was "a widespread complaint" I said "people were always complaining". You know, just in case you couldn't read that. In the second thread the words "downgrade" were never said or even "worse than" or "better than". The OP of that thread was just stating what the customization SHOULD BE for MCC. Try reading all the threads first and have a good day. :)
By opposing the OP, they were implicitly stating their approval.
Likewise, the second OP was implicitly expressing dissatisfaction with regards to the state of customisation in the game, with several of the responses pointing out how they missed the ability to customise armour segments individually.
Also, lose the insults. You aren't making your case any stronger by denigrating my intelligence/reading comprehension, especially since you apparently can't grasp subtext. Regardless, it is evident that you and I shall not see eye to eye on this matter, so I shall no longer respond to you.
Because it runs at a higher resolution and framerate? The game runs better in MCC.
And yes, it's the only game to have customisation in the campaign. So why can't I unlock said customisation with the campaign? And that's assuming that we should have to unlock it to begin with, even though this collection was specifically released so that unlocking things wouldn't be a factor (ever notice how every single campaign mission is available from the start? That was explicitly put in so that players who had already gone through the games wouldn't have to unlock everything again).
So we should accept a rubbish system because... other games have it?
Sorry, not gonna fly.

Higher resolution and frame rate are nice but you still have the OG version if you prefer it.

The missions are unlocked from the beginning so you can jump into the game as quickly as possible without being forced through missions you don’t want to. Armor is cosmetic only and doesn’t affect gameplay at all. No one is forcing you to unlock armor.

Never said that we should accept a rubbish system because other games have it . I only explained that companies including 343i focus heavily on multiplayer. Never did I say you have to like it. Personally, I’ve been waiting for a Halo game to come out with a long campaign of at least 12 hours but that hasn’t happened yet.
I don’t like it either but it gives some incentive to play online. Just play the game and have fun.
Wasn't the intensive of playing Halo, playing Halo?
That is horse -Yoink-... The incentive to play is literally the game itself... Why do you think they had all the armors unlocked for 3, and 4? As-well as allowing you some different customization in Halo 2: Anniversary? It was because they knew it was the GAMEPLAY that hooked people, the Customization just made them feel more unique and special... They should've done the same system for Reach, but they refused, why? We'll never know, what we do know is that this system is garbage. Therefore, no one should suckle up to this foolish concept and say "AT LEAST IT'S NOT A MICROTRANSACTION, DURRRRR." Because by the end of the day, a Microtransaction is better than wasting LIFE and TIME on a fictional outfit. I'd rather pay 10 bucks to unlock all ODST armor and the Silver visor together than waste the next 1 month of my life grinding Firefight and Invasion, being on the top of my team, only to have me get a dismel amount of points.
That is horse -Yoink-... The incentive to play is literally the game itself... Why do you think they had all the armors unlocked for 3, and 4? As-well as allowing you some different customization in Halo 2: Anniversary? It was because they knew it was the GAMEPLAY that hooked people, the Customization just made them feel more unique and special... They should've done the same system for Reach, but they refused, why? We'll never know, what we do know is that this system is garbage. Therefore, no one should suckle up to this foolish concept and say "AT LEAST IT'S NOT A MICROTRANSACTION, DURRRRR." Because by the end of the day, a Microtransaction is better than wasting LIFE and TIME on a fictional outfit. I'd rather pay 10 bucks to unlock all ODST armor and the Silver visor together than waste the next 1 month of my life grinding Firefight and Invasion, being on the top of my team, only to have me get a dismel amount of points.
If the incentive to play is the gameplay then why is it a problem that you have to grind for armor? If you enjoy playing the game, unlocking armor will just be a bonus not a chore. It’s not a waste of time if you’re having fun. I’m glad we get to unlock armor. It’s a way of showing off how long you’ve been playing.
If the incentive to play is the gameplay then why is it a problem that you have to grind for armor? If you enjoy playing the game, unlocking armor will just be a bonus not a chore. It’s not a waste of time if you’re having fun. I’m glad we get to unlock armor. It’s a way of showing off how long you’ve been playing.
That's the thing though, the gameplay isn't fun... It isn't fun because it's now toxic, because we have to re-work for stuff we already wasted a lot of time on 10 years ago, things that we paid for as-well.
We ALL have to work our -Yoinks!- off again, when it should just be free. It's not so much the fact that we have to unlock things, it's that we have to unlock THE SAME THINGS... That's the problem, pal... The Gameplay is toxic because the community is trash due to the servers, it's trash due to lag issues, and it's trash due to a lot.
Every match I get into, it puts me with some European who I cannot understand, why? because the servers make no sense... That, and let's not even talk about how I've literally had some of my Season Points disapear for no reason, when I had 3, out of nowhere I lost them and had only 1, which was random cause I hadn't bought anything...

You just don't get it, dude... It would ALL be fun if we didn't have to work for the same stuff we busted our -Yoinks!- for 10 years ago, but no... Same stuff, same gameplay... NO reward, becauses it's all the same... Imagine having a really nice car, and winning a race, only to have that EXACT same car with the EXACT same specs as your reward, it's an insult...
We're all currently in a race, a race we've already won, and the reward is the same thing we got last time, it's not worth it... The GRIND, is pointless, especially when I can go back to the old reach and have ALL of my stuff.

Also, it isn't a way of showing how much you've played the game, it's a way of showing how little of a life you have... If you've already Tour-5, or Top-Tour, you have no life... Same as a Prestige Master in COD, you've wasted your life in ONE singular game, whether it be because you play nothing else, or you can't ###### [Censored because of sensitivity] a different game, or any other reason at all... You've wasted all your time in one game, and it's insane... GET A LIFE.
That's the thing though, the gameplay isn't fun... It isn't fun because it's now toxic, because we have to re-work for stuff we already wasted a lot of time on 10 years ago, things that we paid for as-well.
We ALL have to work our -Yoinks!- off again, when it should just be free. It's not so much the fact that we have to unlock things, it's that we have to unlock THE SAME THINGS... That's the problem, pal... The Gameplay is toxic because the community is trash due to the servers, it's trash due to lag issues, and it's trash due to a lot.
Every match I get into, it puts me with some European who I cannot understand, why? because the servers make no sense... That, and let's not even talk about how I've literally had some of my Season Points disapear for no reason, when I had 3, out of nowhere I lost them and had only 1, which was random cause I hadn't bought anything...

You just don't get it, dude... It would ALL be fun if we didn't have to work for the same stuff we busted our -Yoinks!- for 10 years ago, but no... Same stuff, same gameplay... NO reward, becauses it's all the same... Imagine having a really nice car, and winning a race, only to have that EXACT same car with the EXACT same specs as your reward, it's an insult...
We're all currently in a race, a race we've already won, and the reward is the same thing we got last time, it's not worth it... The GRIND, is pointless, especially when I can go back to the old reach and have ALL of my stuff.

Also, it isn't a way of showing how much you've played the game, it's a way of showing how little of a life you have... If you've already Tour-5, or Top-Tour, you have no life... Same as a Prestige Master in COD, you've wasted your life in ONE singular game, whether it be because you play nothing else, or you can't ###### [Censored because of sensitivity] a different game, or any other reason at all... You've wasted all your time in one game, and it's insane... GET A LIFE.
If you don’t enjoy the gameplay then don’t play the game. Most of the problems you mentioned have little to do with the rank system.

It does suck that you lost season points. I’ve never had that happen. I have lost XP a couple of times after matches. I always spend them right away since there’s no point of saving them.

Of course more time invested shows that you have no life but that’s pretty much every game, tbo. I still enjoy showing off my Mark V helmet and Inclement weather. I never unlocked a lot of stuff in OG Reach so this is my chance to do that. The rank system is lot easier for me.
That is horse s##t... The incentive to play is literally the game itself... Why do you think they had all the armors unlocked for 3, and 4? As-well as allowing you some different customization in Halo 2: Anniversary? It was because they knew it was the GAMEPLAY that hooked people, the Customization just made them feel more unique and special... They should've done the same system for Reach, but they refused, why? We'll never know, what we do know is that this system is garbage. Therefore, no one should suckle up to this foolish concept and say "AT LEAST IT'S NOT A MICROTRANSACTION, DURRRRR." Because by the end of the day, a Microtransaction is better than wasting LIFE and TIME on a fictional outfit. I'd rather pay 10 bucks to unlock all ODST armor and the Silver visor together than waste the next 1 month of my life grinding Firefight and Invasion, being on the top of my team, only to have me get a dismel amount of points.

If you don’t enjoy the gameplay then don’t play the game. Most of the problems you mentioned have little to do with the rank system.

It does suck that you lost season points. I’ve never had that happen. I have lost XP a couple of times after matches. I always spend them right away since there’s no point of saving them.

Of course more time invested shows that you have no life but that’s pretty much every game, tbo. I still enjoy showing off my Mark V helmet and Inclement weather. I never unlocked a lot of stuff in OG Reach so this is my chance to do that. The rank system is lot easier for me.
I enjoy the game, not the Gameplay... That "JUST DON'T PLAY" -Yoink- is so stupid, If I didn't want to play, I wouldn't have purchased MCC and the DLC's for it... That's such a stupid statement... Listen, I love THE GAME, but Reach? Reach is trash in this Collection, it is quite literally the biggest flop they've added to the collection, I am not the only one complaining... HELL, I am running the risk of being kicked out of a SWAT match just to answer this forum post, and this is the last time I can post today so, hopefully it's worth it... But the thing is, I still play and love to play, but it gets -Yoinking!- tiring and stressing, because there is nothing new, nothing to do... It's the exact same -Yoink- I did way back in 2010, it's not as fun as it was, especially considering I have to bust my -Yoink- off for little to no worth-while reward, AT LEAST allow me to pick which items I WANT with MY SEASON POINTS... Why is so hard to understand about that? Why do you people gate-keep this system.
Honestly the few things that bother me with this game. 1 you have tiers for armor pieces. 2. Not even 1 week of playing the game cause I bought it day it was released for Xbox one and someone already has the eternal flame helmet. Hacks or exploit? Because no one should ever be able to get that far that fast as everyone gets the same Xp payout per match not including medals and kills.
Unless this guy was one of those hardcore MLG tournament players getting 100 kills and 0 deaths per game.

Well anyway I sort of hates the layout for each of the tiers lime some of the people who commented above this post. That in the original base game you could get the ODST helmet and torso in the first 2 to 3 matches. And the shoulders after 20 games I think can't remember exactly I think you had to be a warrant officer to get it unlocked.

Well anyway 2 hours of grinding and I reach sergeant stacker firefight voice. Another hour I unlock my first shoulder set. Then it's lime 3 maybe 4 hours later you unlock your first torso.

What would have made the tiers better was starting out with base game helmets from the original like just the helmets and then leave helmet accessory until another tier then after you collected the helmets do starter torso pieces that each player could have got the first time playing reach. Then base game shoulders and so on and so on. Until you get to the more advanced types of armor being in tier 3 and beoned. This layout would have made it at least a little more fair to the fans who loved halo reach the say it was originally.

The only other thing that bugged me a little was how virtually every player you come across is wearing the exact same outfit as you because they are unable to get better items to at least distinguish there own personal style so you can tell how different each player is.

Because when you come to think about it this is not much different of a situation then how halo 5 guardians was because of how it takes forever for new players to get at least 1 armor or helmet from the req packs. For me it took me 1 week worth opening gold and silver packs until I finally unlocked something to wear so that was liberally 20 to 30 gold or silver packs opened until I actually got something I can use. Same situation different game the only difference is that your stuck getti g helmet attachments until you get your first shoulder set and torso.

And before you start flaming listen and think before you give your answer as it will just lead to flaming from someone else from just reading your reply. The only thing good that comes out of flaming is increasing your waypoint rank or reaching your post limit for the day.
Who said anything about Offline? Even when connected to the internet, you could make progress without other players.

I said offline because it is general knowledge to anyone who has actually played the original Reach that you would gain more credits via PvE offline than online. What I was trying to say was even if you were offline(which gives more credits when playing PvE while online) you would not gain enough credits in your lifetime to be able to fully customize your character. You have to play multiplayer no matter what.
Not even 1 week of playing the game cause I bought it day it was released for Xbox one and someone already has the eternal flame helmet. Hacks or exploit? Because no one should ever be able to get that far that fast as everyone gets the same Xp payout per match not including medals and kills.
Unless this guy was one of those hardcore MLG tournament players getting 100 kills and 0 deaths per game.
Or he could have been one of the few who Reached max rank during the Halo Reach flights before it was released to the public December 3rd....

I said offline because it is general knowledge to anyone who has actually played the original Reach that you would gain more credits via PvE offline than online. What I was trying to say was even if you were offline(which gives more credits when playing PvE while online) you would not gain enough credits in your lifetime to be able to fully customize your character. You have to play multiplayer no matter what.
Not even 1 week of playing the game cause I bought it day it was released for Xbox one and someone already has the eternal flame helmet. Hacks or exploit? Because no one should ever be able to get that far that fast as everyone gets the same Xp payout per match not including medals and kills.
Or he could have been one of the few who Reached max rank during the Halo Reach flights before it was released to the public December 3rd....
What is Halo reach flights? I haven't heard of that before.
That is horse s##t... The incentive to play is literally the game itself... Why do you think they had all the armors unlocked for 3, and 4? As-well as allowing you some different customization in Halo 2: Anniversary? It was because they knew it was the GAMEPLAY that hooked people, the Customization just made them feel more unique and special... They should've done the same system for Reach, but they refused, why? We'll never know, what we do know is that this system is garbage. Therefore, no one should suckle up to this foolish concept and say "AT LEAST IT'S NOT A MICROTRANSACTION, DURRRRR." Because by the end of the day, a Microtransaction is better than wasting LIFE and TIME on a fictional outfit. I'd rather pay 10 bucks to unlock all ODST armor and the Silver visor together than waste the next 1 month of my life grinding Firefight and Invasion, being on the top of my team, only to have me get a dismel amount of points.

I enjoy the game, not the Gameplay... That "JUST DON'T PLAY" -Yoink- is so stupid, If I didn't want to play, I wouldn't have purchased MCC and the DLC's for it... That's such a stupid statement... Listen, I love THE GAME, but Reach? Reach is trash in this Collection, it is quite literally the biggest flop they've added to the collection, I am not the only one complaining... HELL, I am running the risk of being kicked out of a SWAT match just to answer this forum post, and this is the last time I can post today so, hopefully it's worth it... But the thing is, I still play and love to play, but it gets -Yoinking!- tiring and stressing, because there is nothing new, nothing to do... It's the exact same -Yoink- I did way back in 2010, it's not as fun as it was, especially considering I have to bust my -Yoink- off for little to no worth-while reward, AT LEAST allow me to pick which items I WANT with MY SEASON POINTS... Why is so hard to understand about that? Why do you people gate-keep this system.
We’re just going to go into circles from here. But I’ll explain my view.
My opinion: Reach is the best thing added to the MCC. The rank system isn’t perfect but it’s much faster than OG Reach. I’m enjoying grinding out. I’ve only played a month and I’m already on rank 79 and I have 90% of what I want.

I agree that season points should be able to be saved up and purchase armor out of order. I wish we could earn XP playing the campaign. I would hate having everything unlocked from the beginning though.
Quote:
I enjoy the game, not the Gameplay.
I can't even...
AshamanND wrote:
Quote:
I enjoy the game, not the Gameplay.
I can't even...
You can't even understand how someone can like the GAME? Meaning it's story, lore, art-style, and plot... But not like the Gameplay? Which is just moving, shooting, and switching weapons?... The point is simple, the Gameplay now sucks, because it's worse than it was before... WHY? Because now there is no reason, the reason that was there back in the day, should not be the same reason that there is with this Remaster... What about all those unreleased armors? All those unreleased maps?... Why not let us level up and unlock those armors, and gain access to THOSE maps?... Ey?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 15