Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Why Do I have to unlock the Reach armour again?

OP X19Doug95

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15
Name another non Halo game that was remastered where you got all things unlocked for you from the start.

And stop hiding in DMs.

Someone got a little salty...
Quote:
My point is valid, you're just a shill... And no, I don't need to at all in any way reference any other Remasters, because it wouldn't serve any point at all... We aren't talking about other games, we're talking about HALO... Also, hardly any games have been Remastered except Halo and COD Modern Warfare, with few exceptions in between... LIKE I SAID, I don't need to reference any other remasters...
So instead of trying to answer my question and prove your point you deflect?

I am literally giving you the opportunity to point out another game/franchise that has done what you are asking for (remaster with all unlocks available) and you aren't taking that opportunity? Because it's a golden chance to prove your point.

Other titles in MCC launched with all the armors available unlocked and WAY more people were upset about that.

[Final edit I hope]

For the record, I don't think this system was done properly.
Should be more ways to earn XP, and the unlocks should not be linear.
Dear god let us choose what we unlock.

But the fact that we have to unlock it all? Not a problem for me. Just give us choice in how and when/what we unlock.
AshamanND wrote:
Quote:
I enjoy the game, not the Gameplay.
I can't even...
You can't even understand how someone can like the GAME? Meaning it's story, lore, art-style, and plot... But not like the Gameplay? Which is just moving, shooting, and switching weapons?... The point is simple, the Gameplay now sucks, because it's worse than it was before... WHY? Because now there is no reason, the reason that was there back in the day, should not be the same reason that there is with this Remaster... What about all those unreleased armors? All those unreleased maps?... Why not let us level up and unlock those armors, and gain access to THOSE maps?... Ey?
So the gameplay is bad because you don’t like the rank system? I’m confused how not liking the rank system makes the gameplay worse than the OG Reach. Are you saying you never liked Reach, just leveling up? I agree that we should get more unreleased content but remember that this is the first season and we might get more content later.
AshamanND wrote:
Quote:
I enjoy the game, not the Gameplay.
I can't even...
You can't even understand how someone can like the GAME? Meaning it's story, lore, art-style, and plot... But not like the Gameplay? Which is just moving, shooting, and switching weapons?... The point is simple, the Gameplay now sucks, because it's worse than it was before... WHY? Because now there is no reason, the reason that was there back in the day, should not be the same reason that there is with this Remaster... What about all those unreleased armors? All those unreleased maps?... Why not let us level up and unlock those armors, and gain access to THOSE maps?... Ey?
So the gameplay is bad because you don’t like the rank system? I’m confused how not liking the rank system makes the gameplay worse than the OG Reach. Are you saying you never liked Reach, just leveling up? I agree that we should get more unreleased content but remember that this is the first season and we might get more content later.
I'm with you on that! Why would they release brand new armors, and maps, in the first season!? That doesn't even make sense, when you could hold those things, for a later season, to gain more hype.
AshamanND wrote:
Name another non Halo game that was remastered where you got all things unlocked for you from the start.

And stop hiding in DMs.

Someone got a little salty...
Quote:
My point is valid, you're just a shill... And no, I don't need to at all in any way reference any other Remasters, because it wouldn't serve any point at all... We aren't talking about other games, we're talking about HALO... Also, hardly any games have been Remastered except Halo and COD Modern Warfare, with few exceptions in between... LIKE I SAID, I don't need to reference any other remasters...
So instead of trying to answer my question and prove your point you deflect?

I am literally giving you the opportunity to point out another game/franchise that has done what you are asking for (remaster with all unlocks available) and you aren't taking that opportunity? Because it's a golden chance to prove your point.

Other titles in MCC launched with all the armors available unlocked and WAY more people were upset about that.

[Final edit I hope]For the record, I don't think this system was done properly.
Should be more ways to earn XP, and the unlocks should not be linear.
Dear god let us choose what we unlock.

But the fact that we have to unlock it all? Not a problem for me. Just give us choice in how and when/what we unlock.
[Im'ma preface this by saying, you're a damn liar... I wasn't ever hiding in the DM's, I was denied freedom of speech due to a post limitation system.]\
Salty? Yes, but is that a problem? God no, especially not when it comes to anti-consumer practices, which this is. It's all too clear that you have, indeed, missed my point... My point was clear, from the very beginning, it was clear. My point? "All of the armor in Reach, just like in Halo 3 and 4, as-well as 2 Anniversary, should be unlocked."
Why? Because that makes sense, especially when we're paying $60 for MCC, ODST: DLC for $5, and Reach: DLC for $10, which together is $75 bucks of hard earned cash... Is that worth it? Yeah, hell yeah... Especially considering we're getting 6 full games for that price. However, it's not the monetary part that is the problem, it's the premise. "Premise? The Premise is you're a lazy piece of grunt -Yoink- that isn't willing to work for anything!"... No, the premise is that we all already worked for all of this stuff.
|
|
So why, then... Do we have to work for the EXACT same stuff again? Now, you bring up a good point, one I have also brought up before on other posts, that point being "Let us unlock things in any order."... But you see, that's the thing... 343i's whole plan is to force people to play longer, resulting in PLAYER RETENTION, that's how they get those metrics up, that's how they save face. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like they make more money by making us play longer by busting our -Yoinks!- off all over again, unless they somehow do? But it's still egregious.
|
|
Now, I would much prefer if ALL of the armors were unlocked from the VERY start... Why? Because that's the EXACT way it has been with every other Remastered Halo game, excluding Halo CE which had no armor sets. And trust me, you're also one of the people who isn't proving anything, how? Because you aren't proving that "MORE PEOPLE DISLIKE HAVING THE ARMOR UNLOCKED." Where? Where are these people? I have been up and down these forums the past 3 days before I re-created this account, and I have been on these forums before without an account... Never ONCE have I seen any post complaining about how everything was unlocked, it's actually the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I am exaggerating, there are a few of you weirdos who like wasting your lives all over again, but you're the very vocal minority.
\
[EDIT: I literally took 5 hours out of my time last night searching for these people, where are they? I literally typed in multiple different titles to see if I could find anything... "I hate unlocked armors" "Armor unlocked" "Armor" "Armor unlocks" "Please lock the armor back" and I couldn't find anything... NOT A SINGLE THING, so you're a liar.]|
|
And I will say it again, I don't need to "prove" a damn thing, because all the proof I have is in the MCC itself, just look at 3, 4 and 2 Anniversary... They all 3 have armors unlocked, and 2A had NEW armors never before seen! So by sheer statistics, all of the armors in REACH should've been unlocked... Listen, I know you love Halo, I do too... I own all of the REAL halo games in physical Disc form, I also own all of the collectors editions, books, and multiple figures. However, I stopped buying Halo content after 4, because 4 to me was the end... I love 343i for making MCC, but just because you love Halo doesn't mean you have to bend the knee to such an archaic system that is literally made JUST to piss people off.
|
|
I'll end it here, because quite frankly, you aren't worth anymore of my time... Especially considering your first comment to me was "I can't even"... So I'll end with..."I can't even"... I can't even understand how trained you are, trained to say whatever they want you to.
AshamanND wrote:
Name another non Halo game that was remastered where you got all things unlocked for you from the start.

And stop hiding in DMs.

Someone got a little salty...
Quote:
My point is valid, you're just a shill... And no, I don't need to at all in any way reference any other Remasters, because it wouldn't serve any point at all... We aren't talking about other games, we're talking about HALO... Also, hardly any games have been Remastered except Halo and COD Modern Warfare, with few exceptions in between... LIKE I SAID, I don't need to reference any other remasters...
So instead of trying to answer my question and prove your point you deflect?

I am literally giving you the opportunity to point out another game/franchise that has done what you are asking for (remaster with all unlocks available) and you aren't taking that opportunity? Because it's a golden chance to prove your point.

Other titles in MCC launched with all the armors available unlocked and WAY more people were upset about that.

[Final edit I hope]For the record, I don't think this system was done properly.
Should be more ways to earn XP, and the unlocks should not be linear.
Dear god let us choose what we unlock.

But the fact that we have to unlock it all? Not a problem for me. Just give us choice in how and when/what we unlock.
Man i agree we should be able to choose but got to say i hat the time limit. On the game when playing they give u a timer that count up and every 10min u will lose a bounse and screws up ur points at the end. Why cant they make it optional for us to have just put it in settings if we want. The clock or not. Cuse for me i fill like im raceing the clock just want to. In joy the game at a pace im okay. now this is what i think others might say different.
Ok CommanderKyro82 let's bury the hatchet.

I'm sorry for my first post, it was cheeky. But c'mon, it was kinda funny what you said, and I was just pointing it out. I could've done it differently.
I'm sorry for accusing you of hiding in DMs, I forgot that newer forum users have a limit on number of posts per day.

But I never really attacked you personally, something you had no trouble doing to me.
Attack the argument, not the person, people will be more willing to listen, and it won't sound as petty/whiney.

That said, I'm glad you acknowledge we both like Halo.
We wouldn't be on the forums if we didn't.
Lively, spirited debate has the potential to help make things better. Let's stay on task.

Moving on.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in that when MCC launched, people were upset that Joe nobody, who never played a Halo match in his life ever, gets free reign of all the special armor unlocks.
That is a separate point from what I said (and still believe) that people wanted to have things to unlock, and not be handed everything.

And look at what happened in H5. Helioskrill used to be unlockable only by completing MCC on legendary. Then 343 added it to the regular req pool. It completely cheapened it, and no one was happy.

Now, giving unlocks to people that already unlocked them in OG Reach? Ok ok, not a a terrible idea but a few issues with that:
  1. It adds a lot of work to link up the old accounts, determine who had what, and apply it properly. It's not just a cut and paste. We'd then get into people complaining about changed gamertags, or if the transfer didn't work right etc. etc.
  2. Some people actually want a new grind! Many players want to earn things and this is a straightforward way to allow them to. I know you might say: " well then, make NEW things!" Cool, yeah I agree. But that's a lot more work too, and wasn't in scope. Just getting Reach done the way it is was a crap-ton of work. Also, stay tuned for CE and beyond coming to PC, I wouldn't be surprised if there are in fact new things coming when those get added.
  3. If 343 simply added in a little something different to acknowledge people's accomplishments in OG Reach, it likely would have placated most people. They plan to honour the 152 group of players for Infinite, and most people seem content.
Also, you not being able to find a thread is not proof that those sentiments weren't there. Absence of evidence does not prove non-existence.

You can actually look through this very thread to see a lot of people on both sides of the argument. Some here don't mind having to unlock things again. (Not to mention all those items are still on the OG for everyone to use and see!)
Now if we were talking about a re-release on X1 (something like backwards compatibility), not a remaster, and everything was reset? I would 100% agree that would be crap.

Honestly, I think if the unlock system had the following things, there would be a drastically reduced number of complaints:
  1. More ways to earn XP. Challenges, campaign XP, etc. Right from launch, not later on.
  2. Not a linear unlock system. Let us unlock things in a different order. At the very least, have a pool of 10 items we can choose to unlock in any order. After unlocking those 10, open up the next 10.
  3. Give a nod with a nameplate or emblem to the Inheritors of OG.
It's also clear that the unlocks will remain so, required to be unlocked. Not much point in arguing that anymore. We should instead focus on how those items are unlocked, as there is a huge opportunity to change that.

As it stands we might as well not even have Season points - when we level up we should just be given the next piece. Because unlocking an item with currency for which we have no choice is pointless.

Ps. If you've ever read any of my other posts in other threads you would know that I very critical of Halo and whoever is making it, when appropriate. So don't assume.
Let's debate properly, shall we?
AshamanND wrote:
Ok CommanderKyro82 let's bury the hatchet.

I'm sorry for my first post, it was cheeky. But c'mon, it was kinda funny what you said, and I was just pointing it out. I could've done it differently.
I'm sorry for accusing you of hiding in DMs, I forgot that newer forum users have a limit on number of posts per day.

But I never really attacked you personally, something you had no trouble doing to me.
Attack the argument, not the person, people will be more willing to listen, and it won't sound as petty/whiney.

That said, I'm glad you acknowledge we both like Halo.
We wouldn't be on the forums if we didn't.
Lively, spirited debate has the potential to help make things better. Let's stay on task.

Moving on.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in that when MCC launched, people were upset that Joe nobody, who never played a Halo match in his life ever, gets free reign of all the special armor unlocks.
That is a separate point from what I said (and still believe) that people wanted to have things to unlock, and not be handed everything.

And look at what happened in H5. Helioskrill used to be unlockable only by completing MCC on legendary. Then 343 added it to the regular req pool. It completely cheapened it, and no one was happy.

Now, giving unlocks to people that already unlocked them in OG Reach? Ok ok, not a a terrible idea but a few issues with that:
  1. It adds a lot of work to link up the old accounts, determine who had what, and apply it properly. It's not just a cut and paste. We'd then get into people complaining about changed gamertags, or if the transfer didn't work right etc. etc.
  2. Some people actually want a new grind! Many players want to earn things and this is a straightforward way to allow them to. I know you might say: " well them make NEW things!" Cool, yeah I agree. But that's a lot more work too, and wasn't in scope. Just getting Reach done the way it is was a crap-ton of work. Also, stay tuned for CE and beyond coming to PC, I wouldn't be surpris d if there are in fact new things coming when those get added.
  3. If 343 simply added in a little something different to acknowledge people's accomplishments in OG Reach, it likely would have placated most people. They plan to honour the 152 group of players for Infinite, and most people seem content.
Also, you not being able to find a thread is not proof that those sentiments weren't there. Absence of evidence does not prove non-existence.

You can actually look through this very thread to see a lot of people on both sides of the argument. Some here don't mind having to unlock things again. (Not to mention all those items are still on the OG for everyone to use and see!)
Now if we were talking about a re-release on X1 (something like backwards compatibility), not a remaster, and everything was reset? I would 100% agree that would be crap.

Honestly, I think if the unlock system had the following two things, there would be a drastically reduced number of complaints:
  1. More ways to earn XP. Challenges, campaign XP, etc. Right from launch, not later on.
  2. Not a linear unlock system. Let us unlock things in a different order. At the very least, have a pool of 10 items we can choose to unlock in any order. After unlocking those 10, open up the next 10.
  3. Give a nod with a nameplate or emblem to the Inheritors of OG.
It's also clear that the unlocks will remain so, required to be unlocked. Not much point in arguing that anymore. We should instead focus on how those items are unlocked, as there is a huge opportunity to change that.

As it stands we might as well not even have Season points - when we level up we should just be given the next piece. Because unlocking an item with currency for which we have no choice is pointless.

Ps. If you've ever read any of my other posts in other threads you would know that I very critical of Halo and whoever is making it, when appropriate. So don't assume.
Let's debate properly, shall we?
You forgot to mention the part about if 343 were to try and copy and paste our unlocked armor from OG reach that hackers and xp modders would end up getting the same as not everyone earned the rank of inheritor.
My one friend from the original halo reach he was playing from day 1 of the original halo reach launch and he's an eclipse now he's been playing every day all night for the past 7 years and he's an eclipse. It took him 2 years to move up 1 rank to eclipse and he is easily one of the best halo reach players in the whole country and he has never reached inheritor it takes 5 million credits/exp to reach inheritor. Original legit inheritors take almost a decade to reach that rank which 10% of all players are legit inheritors mean while we got another 40% of new inheritors who reached inheritor in less then a year which is impossible except for hacks and mods.

I strongly believe that all armor should have been unlocked for halo reach but if they did go off of player data from the old game then the hackers win as well they get free armor when they didn't even earn it in the original game.

Also one last thing that alot of you are probably noticing too about the season points.
Why do they need to give us season points? And also why would they make us unlock everything? When the max rank is close to 150 and why would they release new armor if we're already max rank with no more unlockable points.
In my opinion if they do start a season 2 with brand new armor then I think they might make an option to prestige so you can start unlocking new armor while keeping the armor you already earned.
AshamanND wrote:
Ok CommanderKyro82 let's bury the hatchet.

I'm sorry for my first post, it was cheeky. But c'mon, it was kinda funny what you said, and I was just pointing it out. I could've done it differently.
I'm sorry for accusing you of hiding in DMs, I forgot that newer forum users have a limit on number of posts per day.

But I never really attacked you personally, something you had no trouble doing to me.
Attack the argument, not the person, people will be more willing to listen, and it won't sound as petty/whiney.

That said, I'm glad you acknowledge we both like Halo.
We wouldn't be on the forums if we didn't.
Lively, spirited debate has the potential to help make things better. Let's stay on task.

Moving on.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in that when MCC launched, people were upset that Joe nobody, who never played a Halo match in his life ever, gets free reign of all the special armor unlocks.
That is a separate point from what I said (and still believe) that people wanted to have things to unlock, and not be handed everything.

And look at what happened in H5. Helioskrill used to be unlockable only by completing MCC on legendary. Then 343 added it to the regular req pool. It completely cheapened it, and no one was happy.

Now, giving unlocks to people that already unlocked them in OG Reach? Ok ok, not a a terrible idea but a few issues with that:
  1. It adds a lot of work to link up the old accounts, determine who had what, and apply it properly. It's not just a cut and paste. We'd then get into people complaining about changed gamertags, or if the transfer didn't work right etc. etc.
  2. Some people actually want a new grind! Many players want to earn things and this is a straightforward way to allow them to. I know you might say: " well them make NEW things!" Cool, yeah I agree. But that's a lot more work too, and wasn't in scope. Just getting Reach done the way it is was a crap-ton of work. Also, stay tuned for CE and beyond coming to PC, I wouldn't be surpris d if there are in fact new things coming when those get added.
  3. If 343 simply added in a little something different to acknowledge people's accomplishments in OG Reach, it likely would have placated most people. They plan to honour the 152 group of players for Infinite, and most people seem content.
Also, you not being able to find a thread is not proof that those sentiments weren't there. Absence of evidence does not prove non-existence.

You can actually look through this very thread to see a lot of people on both sides of the argument. Some here don't mind having to unlock things again. (Not to mention all those items are still on the OG for everyone to use and see!)
Now if we were talking about a re-release on X1 (something like backwards compatibility), not a remaster, and everything was reset? I would 100% agree that would be crap.

Honestly, I think if the unlock system had the following two things, there would be a drastically reduced number of complaints:
  1. More ways to earn XP. Challenges, campaign XP, etc. Right from launch, not later on.
  2. Not a linear unlock system. Let us unlock things in a different order. At the very least, have a pool of 10 items we can choose to unlock in any order. After unlocking those 10, open up the next 10.
  3. Give a nod with a nameplate or emblem to the Inheritors of OG.
It's also clear that the unlocks will remain so, required to be unlocked. Not much point in arguing that anymore. We should instead focus on how those items are unlocked, as there is a huge opportunity to change that.

As it stands we might as well not even have Season points - when we level up we should just be given the next piece. Because unlocking an item with currency for which we have no choice is pointless.

Ps. If you've ever read any of my other posts in other threads you would know that I very critical of Halo and whoever is making it, when appropriate. So don't assume.
Let's debate properly, shall we?
You forgot to mention the part about if 343 were to try and copy and paste our unlocked armor from OG reach that hackers and xp modders would end up getting the same as not everyone earned the rank of inheritor.
My one friend from the original halo reach he was playing from day 1 of the original halo reach launch and he's an eclipse now he's been playing every day all night for the past 7 years and he's an eclipse. It took him 2 years to move up 1 rank to eclipse and he is easily one of the best halo reach players in the whole country and he has never reached inheritor it takes 5 million credits/exp to reach inheritor. Original legit inheritors take almost a decade to reach that rank which 10% of all players are legit inheritors mean while we got another 40% of new inheritors who reached inheritor in less then a year which is impossible except for hacks and mods.

I strongly believe that all armor should have been unlocked for halo reach but if they did go off of player data from the old game then the hackers win as well they get free armor when they didn't even earn it in the original game.

Also one last thing that alot of you are probably noticing too about the season points.
Why do they need to give us season points? And also why would they make us unlock everything? When the max rank is close to 150 and why would they release new armor if we're already max rank with no more unlockable points.
In my opinion if they do start a season 2 with brand new armor then I think they might make an option to prestige so you can start unlocking new armor while keeping the armor you already earned.
Rank doesnt mean skill, its just time in game.

Rank of inheritor halo reach doesnt take 7 years. There is a cap of 200000 cr per day (well there used to be, not sure if thats still in place). I had enough cr by the time i stopped playing reach to have the rank of inheritor 4 times. I stopped playing after i maxed out all commendations.

Armor on mcc is so eady to unlock. Only armor that shouldnt have been added was the blue flames as this was awarded fot Bungie day years ago, and maybe the elite armor that was a pre order bonus.
Original legit inheritors take almost a decade to reach that rank
Lol, it doesn't take anywhere near that long to get it legit.
AshamanND wrote:
Ok CommanderKyro82 let's bury the hatchet.

I'm sorry for my first post, it was cheeky. But c'mon, it was kinda funny what you said, and I was just pointing it out. I could've done it differently.
I'm sorry for accusing you of hiding in DMs, I forgot that newer forum users have a limit on number of posts per day.

But I never really attacked you personally, something you had no trouble doing to me.
Attack the argument, not the person, people will be more willing to listen, and it won't sound as petty/whiney.

That said, I'm glad you acknowledge we both like Halo.
We wouldn't be on the forums if we didn't.
Lively, spirited debate has the potential to help make things better. Let's stay on task.

Moving on.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in that when MCC launched, people were upset that Joe nobody, who never played a Halo match in his life ever, gets free reign of all the special armor unlocks.
That is a separate point from what I said (and still believe) that people wanted to have things to unlock, and not be handed everything.

And look at what happened in H5. Helioskrill used to be unlockable only by completing MCC on legendary. Then 343 added it to the regular req pool. It completely cheapened it, and no one was happy.

Now, giving unlocks to people that already unlocked them in OG Reach? Ok ok, not a a terrible idea but a few issues with that:
  1. It adds a lot of work to link up the old accounts, determine who had what, and apply it properly. It's not just a cut and paste. We'd then get into people complaining about changed gamertags, or if the transfer didn't work right etc. etc.
  2. Some people actually want a new grind! Many players want to earn things and this is a straightforward way to allow them to. I know you might say: " well them make NEW things!" Cool, yeah I agree. But that's a lot more work too, and wasn't in scope. Just getting Reach done the way it is was a crap-ton of work. Also, stay tuned for CE and beyond coming to PC, I wouldn't be surpris d if there are in fact new things coming when those get added.
  3. If 343 simply added in a little something different to acknowledge people's accomplishments in OG Reach, it likely would have placated most people. They plan to honour the 152 group of players for Infinite, and most people seem content.
Also, you not being able to find a thread is not proof that those sentiments weren't there. Absence of evidence does not prove non-existence.

You can actually look through this very thread to see a lot of people on both sides of the argument. Some here don't mind having to unlock things again. (Not to mention all those items are still on the OG for everyone to use and see!)
Now if we were talking about a re-release on X1 (something like backwards compatibility), not a remaster, and everything was reset? I would 100% agree that would be crap.

Honestly, I think if the unlock system had the following two things, there would be a drastically reduced number of complaints:
  1. More ways to earn XP. Challenges, campaign XP, etc. Right from launch, not later on.
  2. Not a linear unlock system. Let us unlock things in a different order. At the very least, have a pool of 10 items we can choose to unlock in any order. After unlocking those 10, open up the next 10.
  3. Give a nod with a nameplate or emblem to the Inheritors of OG.
It's also clear that the unlocks will remain so, required to be unlocked. Not much point in arguing that anymore. We should instead focus on how those items are unlocked, as there is a huge opportunity to change that.

As it stands we might as well not even have Season points - when we level up we should just be given the next piece. Because unlocking an item with currency for which we have no choice is pointless.

Ps. If you've ever read any of my other posts in other threads you would know that I very critical of Halo and whoever is making it, when appropriate. So don't assume.
Let's debate properly, shall we?
[1] of [3]See? I LOVE this! It was well constructed and made a very clear, and valid point.
Let me cast back off by addressing one of your first statements in your comment here.

"People were upset that Joe nobody, who never played a Halo match in his life ever, gets free reign of all the special armor unlocks. That is a separate point from what I said (and still believe) that people wanted to have things to unlock, and not be handed everything."

I never said you were wrong about this, and don't get me wrong. I agree some people don't deserve the higher tier armors, but you just brought up a good point as to why they SHOULD be unlocked, SPECIFICALLY for the MCC. Think about it, you don't want just some smuck having all the armors unlocked in 3-4-5 and Reach, you'd rather have them work for it, as a reward. Right? Obviously, but you fail to realize that MCC is. How do I word this? "Niche?" Hell, I don't even think that is the right way to define the MCC, the MCC has very few players in contrast to a more streamline game from what I know.

I have a wired connection, and I live in a very gamer-centric part of my state (though it is in the "country".) But it still takes me around 10 minutes to find a single SLAYER match sometimes, and I don't know why. My internet is SOLID, so this is either the game being DEAD, or the servers being trash. That, and I also think MCC is more for the TRUE Halo fans, people who've been here from the beginning, because think about it, no random kid is going to buy MCC, or are they? God, I hope not. That's why I think the armors should be unlocked, as this is supposed to be something of a "collectors" edition, hence the name "MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION." Am I wrong here? What's the point of this game if we aren't supposed to have some special reward for being dedicated?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It doesn't take nearly as long as some people are making it out to be. Full unlocks of all gear has already been accomplished by many people, in just 1 month since it was released.
Clearly, even if you "no-life" it, the grind isn't as bad as OG Reach.

It's just not that big a deal to have to unlock it all again.
It really really isn't.
It would just be nice if the unlocking was handled differently.

Two separate issues, while connected, are still two separate issues.

I personally don't think having to unlock items (again) is bad. However, the method is currently bad.
This affects people's perception of having to unlock them.

That's what I am really getting at.

To add, if you are worried that you might sound rude (you didn't in your last three posts), just take a second to re-read before hitting send/post. It goes a long way :)
Also:
Quote:
However, we all know that 343i isn't. consumer-friendly to make this choice.Let us unlock it in whatever order we want, and allow us to level up in Single-Player at the same rate we level up in Multiplayer and Firefight, also add challenges. However, we all know that 343i isn't. consumer-friendly to make this choice
I don't think this is going to age well. They've talked about doing these exact things.

Lastly, here is a listing of remastered games, I don't know them all from experience, haven't played many, but I'm just gonna guess that at least 95% made you start from scratch.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_remakes_and_remastered_ports

Which brings me to my central argument again.
It's not that we have to unlock it all again that is the problem. It's how.
AshamanND wrote:
It doesn't take nearly as long as some people are making it out to be. Full unlocks of all gear has already been accomplished by many people, in just 1 month since it was released.
Clearly, even if you "no-life" it, the grind isn't as bad as OG Reach.

It's just not that big a deal to have to unlock it all again.
It really really isn't.
It would just be nice if the unlocking was handled differently.

Two separate issues, while connected, are still two separate issues.

I personally don't think having to unlock items (again) is bad. However, the method is currently bad.
This affects people's perception of having to unlock them.

That's what I am really getting at.

To add, if you are worried that you might sound rude (you didn't in your last three posts), just take a second to re-read before hitting send/post. It goes a long way :)
Also:
Quote:
However, we all know that 343i isn't. consumer-friendly to make this choice.
I don't think this is going to age well.
The is my second to last post for the day, so I'll make it simple.
I think going back and editing what you say kind of makes you a liar?
I think the first draft is always your true self and opinion, never change it... Unless we're talking about movies... Always go with the last draft... (DO YOU HEAR ME, RIAN JOHNSON?) Ahem, anyways... Sorry about that.

However, I don't see your point? How won't my statement age well? 343i has proven to be anti-consumer, just look at what they did to Halo 4 and 5... They put Loadouts in Halo 4, and they added ScoreStreaks and Microtransactions to Halo 5, all 3 of which are Call of Duty things that should STAY in COD...
Sprint? I don't mind, it was needed and I am glad Halo: Reach had it, ADS? I am also fine with, as ADS refines gameplay and makes it better, but Halo 5 ADS is -Yoink-.

FYI, I can't post anymore after this, I don't want to exhaust my last comment on this page.
*sigh*
No, editing my post doesn't make me a liar...
It allows me to add more context.
It also allows me to add additional comments to a thread.
One of the forum rules is to not post multiple times in a row if no one else has posted.
You must have clicked the quote button, but before you hit send, I edited my post to add more, because I had more thoughts and ideas to flesh out my post.
If I had simply posted a second post, the mods get angry about that.

Although in principle I agree with you.
I never go back and edit posts AFTER someone else has posted, with two exceptions.
1. Spelling or grammar.
2. Explicitly label it as an edit.
In this case I did my edit before you finished writing your post (which I didn't know you were even writing.)

I meant it won't age well because you listed things like single player XP and challenges. Then you said "343 won't do these things because they're anti consumer"
Yet 343 has talked about doing exactly those things.

Let's stay focused, this isn't the COD/Halo thread, nor sprint/advanced movement or microtransactions threads.
Plenty of those threads out there.

No worries, see you tomorrow when you post limit resets.
Cheers.
There is firefight though you will have teammates. Yes, you could make progress offline in the original Reach but not that much as you can see in this video.
What is Halo reach flights? I haven't heard of that before.
If you were apart of the insider program, you could play Reach before it was released publicly to see if it was functioning.
Quote:
I never said you were a liar... I said that I personally believe that editing a post after it is posted, or even before it is posted only negates your ability to show what you really believe in... Imagine someone who is trying to explain science to a Caveman, if you use simple words, they won't understand. That's why you should always use your first TRUE emotional response when in a discussion, as it will often show your personal opinion on it rather than a fabricated response that is refined, like a gem.
But before you messaged me the above, you posted this:
Quote:
I think going back and editing what you say kind of makes you a liar?
So am I a liar or am I not...?

I think you have a very very different view of the edit button than what most people think.

And you completely ignored my comment about not being allowed to double post.
Which I would have, in order to ADD ideas.
The simple fact is, you can't post twice in a row. So if you want to add additional content before someone else responds YOU HAVE TO EDIT. It does NOT mean someone "changed their mind".

Also, "editing"a post before hitting submit is just called proof reading...

But, what we should be focusing on is the point about XP challenges and XP from campaign. Two things you said 343 won't do (making them anti consumer), but in fact they've talked about doing! This is related to the actual thread, which we should be talking about...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
That "JUST DON'T PLAY" -Yoink- is so stupid, If I didn't want to play, I wouldn't have purchased MCC and the DLC's for it... That's such a stupid statement... Listen, I love THE GAME, but Reach? Reach is trash in this Collection, it is quite literally the biggest flop they've added to the collection, I am not the only one complaining...
Like I have said earlier in this thread that you can make progress in Reach without having to play it. Yes, you can reach tier 100 without playing a single match of Reach. So, if you don't like it just don't play.
AshamanND wrote:
Where? Where are these people? I have been up and down these forums the past 3 days before I re-created this account, and I have been on these forums before without an account... Never ONCE have I seen any post complaining about how everything was unlocked, it's actually the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I am exaggerating, there are a few of you weirdos who like wasting your lives all over again, but you're the very vocal minority.
\
[EDIT: I literally took 5 hours out of my time last night searching for these people, where are they? I literally typed in multiple different titles to see if I could find anything... "I hate unlocked armors" "Armor unlocked" "Armor" "Armor unlocks" "Please lock the armor back" and I couldn't find anything... NOT A SINGLE THING, so you're a liar.]|
comment to me was "I can't even"... So I'll end with..."I can't even"... I can't even understand how trained you are, trained to say whatever they want you to.
Looks like you have been wasting your time. I have posted links in this same thread about people complaining everything was unlocked (or it might be another thread, I am all mixed up with all of these posts complaining about Reach) so just keep reading. If you can't find the links let me know and I'll send them to you in pm.
AshamanND wrote:
I have a wired connection, and I live in a very gamer-centric part of my state (though it is in the "country".) But it still takes me around 10 minutes to find a single SLAYER match sometimes, and I don't know why. My internet is SOLID, so this is either the game being DEAD, or the servers being trash. That, and I also think MCC is more for the TRUE Halo fans, people who've been here from the beginning, because think about it, no random kid is going to buy MCC, or are they? God, I hope not.
I find matches just fine and my internet connection is average, might have something to do with your settings. Also, I don't think Halo fans would call the gameplay of a game trash 10 years later because they don't want to re-grind. You hope some random kid doesn't buy MCC? What you don't want to see this franchise grow? Some fan you are.

EDIT:
Quote:
I am getting sick of this, I keep getting paired with people who are so far below my skill-level it's insane. I also keep getting paired with people who are FAR above my skill-level, and that too is annoying.
Every day I'll switch for about an hour and go back to playing Invasion, Zombies, or Firefight, just to keep me engaged. However, that is getting harder and harder to do when I keep running into people who're so out of my league. I have played at least 20 Fiesta matches in the past 3 days where multiple people on both my team and the enemy team have went 0/10 or -2/7... HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?
For someone who doesn't like this game and can't find matches, it seems like you play a lot, like more than I do and I'm almost max rank. I would link the actual post but, it was locked by a moderator and I'm pretty sure linking it is against the rules. You may find that not everything you said is in this quote and this is because I had to edit it out so that I wouldn't receive a warning from quoting you.
Like I have said earlier in this thread that you can make progress in Reach without having to play it. Yes, you can reach tier 100 without playing a single match of Reach. So, if you don't like it just don't play.
AshamanND wrote:
Looks like you have been wasting your time. I have posted links in this same thread about people complaining everything was unlocked (or it might be another thread, I am all mixed up with all of these posts complaining about Reach) so just keep reading. If you can't find the links let me know and I'll send them to you in pm.
AshamanND wrote:
Yes!!
You can earn XP by playing ANY title in MCC, not just Reach. That XP (and season point) can be used to unlock Reach armor. Thank you for pointing this out.

Also, if you decide to link those threads, please post them here, and not just PM them.

[EDIT]They're changing the system.
Quote:
  • We are investigating a way to offer unlocks in any order within a page of tiers of the Halo: Reach season system. A full store is out of scope for us at this time, but this seems like a short-term way to offer more options in unlock order going forward.
  • Challenges are coming in the medium term. Adding challenges will allow flexibility for earning XP and rewards in scenarios that are not currently supported – campaign games and custom games, in addition to matchmade games.
Looks like they are implementing my idea of giving you the option to unlock anything within a specific tier - instead of linearly within the tier. Thank god!
Also, Challenges are coming!
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-january-2020
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15