I've noticed both teammates and enemy players just spining around in place in some matches, apparently people are grinding exp that way, so I go into a game and tried it out for testing purposes and out of curiosity, at the end of the match, only about 2400 exp was rewarded, are people seriously gonna not be helpful to their team just so they can make their character look nice?
I don't get it either. You get more exp from actually playing the game so you would think that they would actually play it 🤷‍♂️

If I do happen to encounter someone on my team either spinning or standing still for the entire match, I just send them a message congratulating them on being able to move one thumbstick and that one day they may get another few brain cells to do more complex things such as move and aim at the same time. The responses are quite humorous, especially when you follow-up with something along the lines of, "Well, at least you have the ability to type. That's a start."
I've noticed both teammates and enemy players just spining around in place in some matches, apparently people are grinding exp that way, so I go into a game and tried it out for testing purposes and out of curiosity, at the end of the match, only about 2400 exp was rewarded, are people seriously gonna not be helpful to their team just so they can make their character look nice?
Yes.
Even stranger was in og reach.
I used to play my own mini game in reach ff.
How far could i push an afk player across the map before he gets killed, while keeping him/her alive.
Even stranger were the people who appeared afk, but right before i could push them out into fire, theyd start playing, and move their spartan to a safe distance again.
Peoples are peoples
Don't get it myself, but then im 31 Years old and a Personal Trainer so I have a life outside the Xbox so play Games for fun, nothing more.
These people for some reason want to look cool and get Xp, which I get but not at the expense of people just trying to play the Game.

I know it comes across as a bit pathetic to winge about the AFK players but to me there enough -Yoinks!- in the World, these people know they are creating a deficit for their team when they AFK yet still do it and it's just not on.
They do it because they are just lazy. If they wanted xp they would only have to play a few games to match what they are getting for afking allday. The sooner 343 bans them, yes ban them, why reset their ranks when they will just do it again.

Come on 343 do something about this, how many more threads do we have to start for you to fix this issue? Let us start a thread with a list of their gamertags so you can check their game history, oh wait you wont allow that but you let them keep ruining other peoples games. Why didnt you learn from OG Reachs problems with the same thing?
So they dont have to do much. They just load up a match and do something else and it still gives them loads of xp.
So they dont have to do much. They just load up a match and do something else and it still gives them loads of xp.
It doesn't give them loads of xp though. Game completion xp is minimal compared to performance and teamwork bonus.
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
It doesn't give them loads of xp though. Game completion xp is minimal compared to performance and teamwork bonus.
Well they still get something, which they should'nt imo.
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
It adds up after long periods of time.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/safetym33ting/video/83337122That clip has me failing and mocked by my own afk player on respawn.
Yeah it adds up over a long time or they could just play for 2hours for more xp
It means they can go and do literally anything else for several hours and come back having earned XP. Go to work/school/sleep/live life and come back further along the arbitrary progression track 343 created. If they want a certain piece of armour locked in Tier 10 they can either spend time (5-6 accumulated days) actively playing the game to get it or they can leave it AFK to eventually acquire it (after a longer period of time) having spent the time on something they deem more worthy.