Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

why is low ranking up so difficult?

OP Axo

so ive been watching kev z on twitch, hes 50 who plays with his friends who are the same skill but between ranks 5-20, he was playing with a rank 5 today, won around 15 games and the 5 only got 3 rankups from playing in 35-50 games, how does that make sense?
So you are speaking for someone else’s experience, right ?

I personally leveled up quite fast to rank 15: I think something about 40 matches with a good ratio of winnings.
It depends a lot on your victories, not your played games: there is an algorithm to calculate this, and I couldn’t find a specific explanation, but I noticed that it takes about 3-6 winnings to level up ( in the first 20 ranks ) and 2-3 losses to go down. Of course at level 30 it may be 10-12 winnings to go up, but on lower levels is quite easy.

The hardest thing is that you have to play with some good teammates, because most of people play in team.
D4vid 360 wrote:
So you are speaking for someone else’s experience, right ?

I personally leveled up quite fast to rank 15: I think something about 40 matches with a good ratio of winnings.
It depends a lot on your victories, not your played games: there is an algorithm to calculate this, and I couldn’t find a specific explanation, but I noticed that it takes about 3-6 winnings to level up ( in the first 20 ranks ) and 2-3 losses to go down. Of course at level 30 it may be 10-12 winnings to go up, but on lower levels is quite easy.

The hardest thing is that you have to play with some good teammates, because most of people play in team.
yea, for me i rank up every 2nd to third win but thats because i rarely play so it seems slower than it actually is.
Im speaking of watching 50s on twitch play with 1-10s and teen ranks and those players only go up 2-3 ranks for 20 ish wins in the 30-50 range games.If this was 360 those players would have got rank 5 from first win then a rankup every win which would end them around 25, but instead they end up at rank 6-8
I find the ranking up insanely slow. Sometimes it's like 5 wins in a row and no rank up. It makes the game kinda unbalanced, because you have a lot of better players still hovering around the lower ranks because inconsistency in things like connection and team mates. And the more better players there are at these levels, the harder it is for the better players to then level up and it rolls down to the not so good players being matched with them a lot. Imo ranking up could be a bit quicker if you are winning a lot.
I find the ranking up insanely slow. Sometimes it's like 5 wins in a row and no rank up. It makes the game kinda unbalanced, because you have a lot of better players still hovering around the lower ranks because inconsistency in things like connection and team mates. And the more better players there are at these levels, the harder it is for the better players to then level up and it rolls down to the not so good players being matched with them a lot. Imo ranking up could be a bit quicker if you are winning a lot.
i found the best way to rank up is so play at a time where the americans are on, when you play out of american timezones you get really dedicated 3am players so the games are way harder, eu 2am vs the normal americans feels like free wins
You have to beat players that are a higher level than you on a consistent basis if you want to rank up quicker in MCC.
Let me clear this up for everyone. MCC is not the H3 skill system. The H3 skill system was based on wins, losses, skill playing against and skill playing with to configure your skill rank. MCC is the based on the H2 skill system which is only based on wins and losses and nothing else. Win X amount of games and rank up. Lose X amount of games and drop no matter if the competitor is above or below your skill rank.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Let me clear this up for everyone. MCC is not the H3 skill system. The H3 skill system was based on wins, losses, skill playing against and skill playing with to configure your skill rank. MCC is the based on the H2 skill system which is only based on wins and losses and nothing else. Win X amount of games and rank up. Lose X amount of games and drop no matter if the competitor is above or below your skill rank.
That’s really dumb then. I was wondering why I wasn’t ranking up when I beat a team of 3 50’s and I was a rank 3.
also didn’t halo 2 have exp though? I swear the higher the rank the other team was and you beat them the more Xp you would get.
Mr Vacha wrote:
That’s really dumb then. I was wondering why I wasn’t ranking up when I beat a team of 3 50’s and I was a rank 3.
also didn’t halo 2 have exp though? I swear the higher the rank the other team was and you beat them the more Xp you would get.
H2 did not have exp, just H3.