Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Why is standoff different in H3?

OP SkullCrush3r114

Haven't played basic MCC in a little bit and I played Halo 3 big team on standoff and it was really different. There were gauss hogs, a banshee, a beam rifle, a few other map changes and all the normal power weapons that were there originally were still there. Not to be the guy that complains but I personally don't really like the change as I was never a big fan of the map to begin with and the spawn camping with all these power weapons and vehicles just wasn't fun.

I'm just wondering why it changed or if its just a different variant with the normal map still in rotation, (Only played 1 game of H3 so not sure) and if it's permanent? More so jc than anything.
You played on the Heavy version of Standoff, it's been around since the 360. I think if you have the action sack gametype enabled when searching, you get a chance to play it.
Wait wrote:
You played on the Heavy version of Standoff, it's been around since the 360. I think if you have the action sack gametype enabled when searching, you get a chance to play it.
You are correct.

The variant of Standoff OP played on is only available in the Action Sack game category.
Wait wrote:
That makes sense I did have action sack selected for once and didn't realize it XD