Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Why is the MCC community so toxic?

OP Darkknight2020

Every single game there are some that quit at the beginning of the match causing a one sided blow out. I really only see this in MCC. What can be done to up the quality of matches and deter individuals from quitting out when they don't get their map/gametype/game they want? I feel conversation about bringing voting back should be limited to none, quitting was just as bad then as it is now.
Nope... They will still dashboard quit as soon as the vote/veto doesn't go there way. As some one who has been playing MCC since launch it is easily 1000 times better without voting.
There's no penalty for people who quit out of matches early, nor a penalty for those who reset their build when they get a gametype or map they don't want to play. On top of this you have more AFK players than ever before because of the auto-search as well as people who just run around betraying teammates or actively try to lose their team the match. The entire experience is very toxic, but I'm not surprised anymore.
I wish there were a system in place that would place quitters in games with other quitters. The people who finish their games should match with/against others who do the same. But 343 has a hard enough time with skill matching, so I don't think this idea would work.
Yeah, I've gotten to a point where I mainly only go into matchmaking if I have a full team with me that I trust to communicate and play out the match. I try to play by myself from time to time but aside from playing in free for all or Infection when that was still a thing, it's frustrating solo searching.
The 25% of the MCC online community are ruining it for everyone else. 343 enables this by non response. There is no punishment. It's essentially anarchy. In times of anarchy, the honest people leave. I've left.
Just wouldn't be a problem if they allowed people to join a match in progress, even for the ranked playlists. I'd much rather have something like that than what's currently in place.
I wish there were a system in place that would place quitters in games with other quitters. The people who finish their games should match with/against others who do the same. But 343 has a hard enough time with skill matching, so I don't think this idea would work.
That system is already available on every Xbox One Game for co-op and multiplayer. When u view a player profile towards the bottom there is a section called Report and Block. Those that go against something within that list will have a higher chance of getting match up with them later. Plus if u don't want to get match up with a certain player what you do is Block them so you don't run into them again.
In most Microsoft Studio games this system will automatically report them for betrays and quitting a match (Like Gears of War 4, Halo 5, and Halo Wars 2 ect). But since MCC came out so long ago it was never updated to the new version.
LethalQ wrote:
Nope... They will still dashboard quit as soon as the vote/veto doesn't go there way. As some one who has been playing MCC since launch it is easily 1000 times better without voting.
The old terrible system isn't the only option to stop people quitting you know?
IDX Rider wrote:
Just wouldn't be a problem if they allowed people to join a match in progress, even for the ranked playlists. I'd much rather have something like that than what's currently in place.
I agreed for social but definitely not for ranked. Some games are genuinely easier to win 3v4 with a good 3 than have some random drop in feeding kills. Further to this the people who quit regularly should be receiving losses so they won't rank up to higher levels anyway.
Do not flame/attack others or post about forum moderation.

Spoiler:
Show
Or maybe because they lock ignorant Threads especially when it comes to insulting players for no good reason at all, not their fault really.
This is going to end well.........
Dude, you were acting obnoxious in that thread. You deserved the thread locked and that ban you were apparently given.
This is the calmest the Halo Community has ever been, I haven't gotten rage mail as much like I did in the Halo 3 days and parties reduce a lot of the trash talking too. As for the quitting, I'm used to it in video games. It sucks, but I think it's because I stopped taking video games as seriously as I once did.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content. Flaming/attacking
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Or maybe because they lock ignorant Threads especially when it comes to insulting players for no good reason at all, not their fault really.
Dude, you were acting obnoxious in that thread. You deserved the thread locked and that ban you were apparently given.
Dr, you clearly have no idea what ignorant means, lol, so just stop. And for no good reason at all? Being incredibly selfish and wasting so much of our time isn’t a good reason? Quite frankly, you’re an idiot. All the people liking these comments probably don’t even know what we’re talking about. If they did, they wouldn’t agree with such incredibly stupid statements.

Ignorant is someone who lacks knowledge or awareness, or another term "Stupid"

Quitting is never selfish or not once wastes anyone's time, so quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about

The people liking the comments are probably people who agrees with our comments
Honestly why am I replying to you, and also of you think people are "Soy Boys" here on the forums, then why are you here in the first place
Dr, you clearly have no idea what ignorant means, lol, so just stop. And for no good reason at all? Being incredibly selfish and wasting so much of our time isn’t a good reason? Quite frankly, you’re an idiot. All the people liking these comments probably don’t even know what we’re talking about. If they did, they wouldn’t agree with such incredibly stupid statements.

Ignorant is someone who lacks knowledge or awareness, or another term "Stupid"

Quitting is never selfish or not once wastes anyone's time, so quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about

The people liking the comments are probably people who agrees with our comments
Honestly why am I replying to you, and also of you think people are "Soy Boys" here on the forums, then why are you here in the first place
Personally quitting is ok when you DC, or if you have a emergency or something that comes up ect, but when it comes to them quitting in droves for a map/game or gametype they may or may not like. To me it's selfish for that specific group as again we all don't like some matches but that's the chance you have on MCC. And it does waste your time when you have been searching for ages just to be put in a match and then almost the whole team leave and the match ends, they waste the other people's time who waited to get into matches overall I get what's being said but I don't think people should quit when it's not what they get, it's like opening a pack of cards, point is that people who can't help it arnt selfish or wasting anyone's time, people that do on purpose and want to disrupt the game for others and repeatedly do that are (IMO) selfish and petty.
P.S had a friend over the other week, had his first match on MCC in a long time and all our team left, he said to me, "definitely makes me want to redownload the game mate" they definitely spoil the experience for others, that's a FACT overall (In my experience)
Every single game there are some that quit at the beginning of the match causing a one sided blow out. I really only see this in MCC. What can be done to up the quality of matches and deter individuals from quitting out when they don't get their map/gametype/game they want? I feel conversation about bringing voting back should be limited to none, quitting was just as bad then as it is now.
The Halo community like many others has it's toxic players. As for players quitting, that will never stop. I have not updated the MCC yet, but I'm told players cannot see the game type or something like that until the game is loaded, if true, that will cause problems. I don't like certain game types, I won't queue for them though. Maybe players being able to see what they're queued for might help. If it's accurate info I have.