Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Why is this Game rated M for Mature

OP BChilly521

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Basically, Halo compared with other M games is like a kitten. There is no presence of dirty stuff, almost no gore or swearing, and Halo 4 has only a small amount of romance.
Please help! I hope that the honored workers of 343 could bring this thing down to at least T for teen. and if you could please remove the F word or give an option to turn off swearing. THX! and please fix Cortana. then this game could be rated T. I'm pretty sure that "rush hour" has more mature content. cmon "destiny" is more gory
Here's the official word from the ESRB on the MCC's M-rating:
Quote:
This is a compilation of four Halo games in which players assume the role of Master Chief, a genetically-enhanced soldier from the 26th century. From a first-person perspective, players use pistols, machine guns, grenade launchers, and futuristic weapons to kill humans and fantastical enemies in frenetic combat. Battles are highlighted by screams of pain, realistic gunfire, and large blood-splatter effects. Players can also use stealth moves (i.e., stabbing attacks or throat slashes) to kill characters; one scene depicts human characters crying out as their bodies disintegrate, exposing muscle and bone. Some aliens break part into pieces when hit, and soldiers' corpses are sometimes depicted amid large pools/streaks of blood.
In short, blood, violence, gore, language.
343 / Microsoft are not in control of game ratings, external bodies like the ESRB are. MCC has an M rating as some of the games included in the collection have an M rating
All games in the MCC and also Reach were individually rated M for Mature by the ESRB. The only T-rated first person shooter Halo game is Halo 5 Guardians. So I mean yeah, it would make no sense for a compilation of all these M-rated Halo games to be rated T now as one.
Quote:
This is a compilation of four Halo games in which players assume the role of Master Chief, a genetically-enhanced soldier from the 26th century. From a first-person perspective, players use pistols, machine guns, grenade launchers, and futuristic weapons to kill humans and fantastical enemies in frenetic combat. Battles are highlighted by screams of pain, realistic gunfire, and large blood-splatter effects. Players can also use stealth moves (i.e., stabbing attacks or throat slashes) to kill characters; one scene depicts human characters crying out as their bodies disintegrate, exposing muscle and bone. Some aliens break part into pieces when hit, and soldiers' corpses are sometimes depicted amid large pools/streaks of blood.
uugggh h why
Why do you want Halo to be rated T lol, I hope Infinite is rated M again unlike Guardians.
Why does it matter? It doesn’t stop you from playing, it’s a guide for parents. If your parents are preventing you from buying it, well that’s their choice and I doubt a rating will change their mind. CE is full of blood and lines like “do you have any idea what that -Yoink- almost made you do?” H2 has you killing humans. In H3 the marines swear, you’d have to make large changes to the game to lower its rating and the point of MCC is that it’s as faithful as possible to the originals.
Halo should have always been kept M, in my opinion. Here's hoping Halo: Infinite will be.
Probably because of the composer cutscene in H4.
Mainly because of Gore, flood can be dismembered, there is blood is some games and bad language. Sure Halo has always been a more tame rated M game but some bad stuff is there. If you ask me Halo is in desperate need to go back to that and stop being so cartoony. It no longer has that military shooter humanity vs aliens in a battle of survival... It's more like a kid in a pretend battle with Nerf guns and stuffed animals. ... The previous Halo were great when you would come up on a group of Covies and the blue blood when flying and guns blazing or flood being blown to bits with the shotgun.... Oh good times... 🙂... Now you shoot Covies or forerunners and they just kinda fall over or disappear into digital dust.
I want halo to be rated M again. I don't want it rated T like halo 5, reason why is because it makes halo then more cartoonish.
Nope, this has always been a M rated game (Until Halo 5 happened) and it should always be rated M

And Destiny has little to no gore at all
Its rated M cause there's violence, blood & gore, and brief language. Halo 5 has none therefore its rated T. Also they don't want to trigger parents. But this shouldn't matter who cares if it's rated M. It's cooler that way plus that doesn't stop anyone from playing it. Everyone knows what halo is.
This is your second topic about making Halo T for Teen. Almost all Halos have been M. So what is your reasoning behind this?
x N7 117 x wrote:
Halo should have always been kept M, in my opinion. Here's hoping Halo: Infinite will be.
Why? Halo has really always been mild for a FPS and I don't see why it needs to be rated M.
BChilly521 wrote:
Basically, Halo compared with other M games is like a kitten. There is no presence of dirty stuff, almost no gore or swearing, and Halo 4 has only a small amount of romance.
Please help! I hope that the honored workers of 343 could bring this thing down to at least T for teen. and if you could please remove the F word or give an option to turn off swearing. THX! and please fix Cortana. then this game could be rated T. I'm pretty sure that "rush hour" has more mature content. cmon "destiny" is more gory
Halo doesn't have the F word.
BChilly521 wrote:
By romance, you mean the *implied* feelings Cortana has for John?
Exactly like LethalQ was saying, Halo 5 completely lost that military shooter survival feel like the original games had, and I truly hope 343 doesn’t filter what they can in order to get Infinite down to a T rating. This is a game they’re promising that will be dedicated to the true fan base of Halo, not a game just for parents to approve of lol. If a large poll was conducted, I would bet my bottom dollar the vast majority of fans want Halo to return back to an M rating. 343 will have less boundaries to worry about.
Exactly like LethalQ was saying, Halo 5 completely lost that military shooter survival feel like the original games had, and I truly hope 343 doesn’t filter what they can in order to get Infinite down to a T rating. This is a game they’re promising that will be dedicated to the true fan base of Halo, not a game just for parents to approve of lol. If a large poll was conducted, I would bet my bottom dollar the vast majority of fans want Halo to return back to an M rating. 343 will have less boundaries to worry about.
This is exactly it. They should make a great Halo game first and foremost. Then, whatever rating they get, so be it. They shouldn't have the rating in mind until after creating an amazing Halo experience.

Quote:
This seems pretty clear to me. I'm not sure what's so difficult for people to understand. The ESRB has broken down exactly why MCC is M.
Halo 5 story and campaign felt like a made for tv sci-fi movie. It felt like is was rated T and is one of my least favorite Halos. I need more rated M Halos.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2