Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Why is this Game rated M for Mature

OP BChilly521

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Imagine Infinite randomly gets rated E for Everyone and we’re just like lolwut
kjbart wrote:
This is your second topic about making Halo T for Teen. Almost all Halos have been M. So what is your reasoning behind this?
?? stalker
hahahahahahahhahahah yess well be rolling on the ground of delta halo
BChilly521 wrote:
and the gohts ghosts become tomahs the train and the phantoms become fish
BChilly521 wrote:
kjbart wrote:
This is your second topic about making Halo T for Teen. Almost all Halos have been M. So what is your reasoning behind this?
?? stalker
LOL stalker? Bro this is a forum. Yah know, where people come to read topics and discuss them. You have posted twice about the games rating in 2 different articles. I came upon them from browsing topics.... as people do in a forum. Shocking I know.

Also you have yet to explain your reasoning behind wanting it to be rated T. Do your parents not allow you to play M rated games?
kjbart wrote:
BChilly521 wrote:
kjbart wrote:
?? stalker
LOL stalker? Bro this is a forum. Yah know, where people come to read topics and discuss them. You have posted twice about the games rating in 2 different articles. I came upon them from browsing topics.... as people do in a forum. Shocking I know.

Also you have yet to explain your reasoning behind wanting it to be rated T. Do your parents not allow you to play M rated games?
It sounds like this kid is probably nine years old or so, so chances are it's his parents saying no. Which honestly may not be a bad thing considering the fact this exists.
I think the biggest reason for the M rating is Halo 3. Not sure if it was like that elsewhere but in Germany all parts were rated 16+ whereas Halo 3 was rated 18+ (probably because you could actually witness the flood infecting and turning both living and dead beings). That and the fact that you're not just shooting star wars beams at cartoon enemies - I mean it's always been said that shooting living beings that then bleed and die (no matter how gory or messy) is nothing for children. I do see where you're coming from though. Putting Halo next to games like the newer Doom installments gore wise does make the M rating look unjustified but you're not getting that for gore or nudity alone.
I think the biggest reason for the M rating is Halo 3. Not sure if it was like that elsewhere but in Germany all parts were rated 16+ whereas Halo 3 was rated 18+ (probably because you could actually witness the flood infecting and turning both living and dead beings). That and the fact that you're not just shooting star wars beams at cartoon enemies - I mean it's always been said that shooting living beings that then bleed and die (no matter how gory or messy) is nothing for children. I do see where you're coming from though. Putting Halo next to games like the newer Doom installments gore wise does make the M rating look unjustified but you're not getting that for gore or nudity alone.
Technically, Cortana is nude, but she's a hologram, but the ESRB still counted it as "nudity".
Hunter2747 wrote:
Technically, Cortana is nude, but she's a hologram, but the ESRB still counted it as "nudity".
She did look more like she was nude in Halo 4. At least way more ... "developed" than in the earlier parts and that was rated 16 over here if I remember correctly. But yeah I think depicting even a hint of naked people (male, female, human or hologram) doesn't exactly push the rating towards child-friendly either.
BChilly521 wrote:
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
kjbart wrote:
OK...why are you watching my forums first of all and second...I'm really hoping to lower the rating so I can play infinite. oh, and this was from a whileago so...I honestly don't care. xd
kjbart wrote:
BChilly521 wrote:
kjbart wrote:
?? stalker

It sounds like this kid is probably nine years old or so, so chances are it's his parents saying no. Which honestly may not be a bad thing considering the fact this exists.
what the heck? ive actually changed most of my opinion and reading this again makes me feel like an idiot. but NINE YEARS OLD. big oof SupplyOstrich14
Please don't revive old topics thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2