Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Why no season 9 and 10?

OP TOBIAXD117

I'm the only one that feels sad about how they literally told us they were going for 10 seasons and now they just said "nope"? I really wanted to see the rest of Halo online maps (imagine reactor in BTB) and armor (specially bushido and ninja, unused elite armor from season 8 and H2A new armor) and I know about the "updates" we may get on the future but it still seems like a bummer, do we have any reason regarding grinding points now? This last season with the new Skyrim armor seems.. worthless (at least for me)
TOBIAXD117 wrote:
I'm the only one that feels sad about how they literally told us they were going for 10 seasons and now they just said "nope"? I really wanted to see the rest of Halo online maps (imagine reactor in BTB) and armor (specially bushido and ninja, unused elite armor from season 8 and H2A new armor) and I know about the "updates" we may get on the future but it still seems like a bummer, does toy has any sense into grinding points now? This last season with the new Skyrim armor seems.. worthless (at least for me)
It's due to Halo Infinite's release coming up soon. The Infinite team probably needs all hands on deck for the lead up to release, the actual release, and then post launch support. In my opinion we will get the 9th and 10th seasons in the distant future when 343 gets more time to work on it, something like 1+ years from now. No sooner then that.

I remember seeing lots of players here on the forums complaining about wanting more season points awarded to them as they are far behind with unlocks, so this should allow them to catch up quite a bit.
TOBIAXD117 wrote:
I'm the only one that feels sad about how they literally told us they were going for 10 seasons and now they just said "nope"? I really wanted to see the rest of Halo online maps (imagine reactor in BTB) and armor (specially bushido and ninja, unused elite armor from season 8 and H2A new armor) and I know about the "updates" we may get on the future but it still seems like a bummer, does toy has any sense into grinding points now? This last season with the new Skyrim armor seems.. worthless (at least for me)
It's due to Halo Infinite's release coming up soon. The Infinite team probably needs all hands on deck for the lead up to release, the actual release, and then post launch support. In my opinion we will get the 9th and 10th seasons in the distant future when 343 gets more time to work on it, something like 1+ years from now. No sooner then that.

I remember seeing lots of players here on the forums complaining about wanting more season points awarded to them as they are far behind with unlocks, so this should allow them to catch up quite a bit.
Now that Halo MCC's got a PC version it should have a dedicated team and continue with updates into Infinite.
But building up big patches like they currently are and releasing them alongside Infinites seasons is a bit redundant, I just hope they don't stop with the new content suddenly altogether.
I think they miscalculated the break between seasons & Infinite's launch window and had to act accordingly.

To be fair, most of the people currently playing the MCC are waiting for Halo Infinite anyway.
TOBIAXD117 wrote:
We will probably see the Halo Master Chief Collection getting a Season 9 and a Season 10 somewhere in 2022. If I had to guess, we could see Halo MCC Season 9 and Halo MCC Season 10 coming out either on July 2022 or on August 2022.
I’m disappointed as well.
Nah, the games need more polish and mod tools so I'm glad the focus will be on that for a while. Plus the cosmetics they've pushed for Halo 3 really aren't Halo 3 material. Who knows? Maybe this will also give them the tools they'll need to fix H2A Multiplayer a bit, maybe make it so there's less bloom.
We're very likely still getting the exact same content that was originally planned, they've just shifted focus on how they deliver that content.
i'm not sad that there are no more seasons, bc i think the seasonal system is very boring and unrewarding and on top of that just padded out with a lot of useless customizations (i'm not a fan of skins in general and even less if the amount gets ridiculusly high).

that being said: just keep in mind, that they promised us 10 season until the end of the year. keep that in mind the next time you hear the 10 year support lie of any game (but especially infinite, bc this is a halo forum). these are just meaningless marketing sayings which gets dropped pretty quickly.
WSerg wrote:
i'm not sad that there are no more seasons, bc i think the seasonal system is very boring and unrewarding and on top of that just padded out with a lot of useless customizations (i'm not a fan of skins in general and even less if the amount gets ridiculusly high).

that being said: just keep in mind, that they promised us 10 season until the end of the year. keep that in mind the next time you hear the 10 year support lie of any game (but especially infinite, bc this is a halo forum). these are just meaningless marketing sayings which gets dropped pretty quickly.
Glad i'm not the only one who thought the seasons were meh in regards to skins. Fixes are what made each season not 100% boring. halo ce fixes were long overdue.
TOBIAXD117 wrote:
Agreed about the new armor. Was very disappointed they went that route, I think they are testing the waters for Mtx in infinite.

I was glad to hear that they were shifting their focus to Infinite, I was pretty annoyed that they simultaneously dropped support for a bunch of stuff at launch while also releasing some weird novelty crap.

Would love to see more *meaningful* additions to the MCC. Halo 3A? Would love it. More content like the armors that they added back into reach? Love it. More weird novelty stuff that doesn't fit the art style? I'd rather see them focus on Infinite.
TOBIAXD117 wrote:
They said "this year" will not se another Season.
TOBIAXD117 wrote:
They said "this year" will not se another Season.
Nope, you gotta go and look that they checked way down there on the post that content will be online via updates but not via seasons anymore (so it means we could wait like 2 months only for 3 or 4 pieces of armor or 5 skins for example), this is the last seasonal update. :/
TOBIAXD117 wrote:
Agreed about the new armor. Was very disappointed they went that route, I think they are testing the waters for Mtx in infinite.

I was glad to hear that they were shifting their focus to Infinite, I was pretty annoyed that they simultaneously dropped support for a bunch of stuff at launch while also releasing some weird novelty crap.

Would love to see more *meaningful* additions to the MCC. Halo 3A? Would love it. More content like the armors that they added back into reach? Love it. More weird novelty stuff that doesn't fit the art style? I'd rather see them focus on Infinite.
Man i just want bushido from Halo 3 online halo 4 armor on H2A, and also maybe an skull that let us use our mp spartans in Halo 3/4, imagine the cool screenshots we could get! we still need that reactor map for halo 3 since it would be a great addition to BTB....