Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] Why quit ban is stupid and shouldn't exist.

OP X19Doug95

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Point from to make it easier.

1 why would I want to kill just one to two people if there whole team quits. Worse in big team.

2 why would I just stay and have my KD go into the negative if I can't even have a fighting chance because it's like 8 v 1

3 go to both point 1&2 why waste everyone's time. I went afk because the other team all quit and it was 4 vs 1 it was boring.

I will edit this again because I'm stoned and forgot.
Point 2 is invalid. If you quit after half your team has, there is no penalty.
All of those problems that you listed happen because there is very little punishment for quitting.
I actually agree with the OP. What have the quit bans solved? Nothing. The bans have been around for ages and people still quit regardless of this punishment. That's not even mentioning the console crashes on MCC which kick people out but actually count as a quit. The bans should be abolished as they solve nothing. Increasing them will only alienate the population further. They should be focusing on rectifying the reasons why people quit. Mainly being the crashes that occur very often.
Quit bans solve nothing. Fix the MM and less will quit.
X19Doug95 wrote:
Point from to make it easier.

1 why would I want to kill just one to two people if there whole team quits. Worse in big team.

2 why would I just stay and have my KD go into the negative if I can't even have a fighting chance because it's like 8 v 1

3 go to both point 1&2 why waste everyone's time. I went afk because the other team all quit and it was 4 vs 1 it was boring.

I will edit this again because I'm stoned and forgot.
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
Untrue.
People will absolutely still leave. They will go play another game with a half decent MM system.
GRNT WRK wrote:
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
Untrue.
People will absolutely still leave. They will go play another game with a half decent MM system.
Quitters leaving mcc? sounds like a dream
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Point from to make it easier.

1 why would I want to kill just one to two people if there whole team quits. Worse in big team.

2 why would I just stay and have my KD go into the negative if I can't even have a fighting chance because it's like 8 v 1

3 go to both point 1&2 why waste everyone's time. I went afk because the other team all quit and it was 4 vs 1 it was boring.

I will edit this again because I'm stoned and forgot.
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
I’m one of the first to quit these days because I get paired with feeders and/or betrayers, or have my game crash at the start of the match. I don’t care about how long the penalty is because I end up getting off Xbox or playing another game. Both those options are more favorable than playing a game which penalizes me for being a good player or punishes me for a crash the game itself caused. MCC is not player-focused right now. Quit bans are good and deter quitting (and are something I have strongly supported), but only if the underlying systems work properly.
Noseos wrote:
GRNT WRK wrote:
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
Untrue.
People will absolutely still leave. They will go play another game with a half decent MM system.
Quitters leaving mcc? sounds like a dream
You have never quit a game before?
GRNT WRK wrote:
Noseos wrote:
GRNT WRK wrote:
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
Untrue.
People will absolutely still leave. They will go play another game with a half decent MM system.
Quitters leaving mcc? sounds like a dream
You have never quit a game before?
nope never have, dont even know how to
Noseos wrote:
GRNT WRK wrote:
Noseos wrote:
GRNT WRK wrote:
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
Untrue.
People will absolutely still leave. They will go play another game with a half decent MM system.
Quitters leaving mcc? sounds like a dream
You have never quit a game before?
nope never have, dont even know how to
Whatever you say, champ.
tuhin94 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Point from to make it easier.

1 why would I want to kill just one to two people if there whole team quits. Worse in big team.

2 why would I just stay and have my KD go into the negative if I can't even have a fighting chance because it's like 8 v 1

3 go to both point 1&2 why waste everyone's time. I went afk because the other team all quit and it was 4 vs 1 it was boring.

I will edit this again because I'm stoned and forgot.
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
I’m one of the first to quit these days because I get paired with feeders and/or betrayers, or have my game crash at the start of the match. I don’t care about how long the penalty is because I end up getting off Xbox or playing another game. Both those options are more favorable than playing a game which penalizes me for being a good player or punishes me for a crash the game itself caused. MCC is not player-focused right now. Quit bans are good and deter quitting (and are something I have strongly supported), but only if the underlying systems work properly.
Yeah that shouldnt be a reason for a ban though, its just mcc has a god awful system that doesnt care about afking or griefing or whatever. But if you ask me, for the players who quit a lot, a minute ban doesnt really affect them.
GRNT WRK wrote:
Quit bans solve nothing. Fix the MM and less will quit.
Pressing X to doubt
Help maybe, but not by much… At least not by itself.

Option for starting a “vote for forfeit” for the losing team when all hope for a win is gone would be nice to end hopeless matches early so people can reque up would be nice.

Quickly bringing in new player to fill holes would be nice too. But give people the option to opt out if they don’t want to join matches that have already started.

Regardless though, abandonment penalties are not going away. They are a necessary evil.
GRNT WRK wrote:
Quit bans solve nothing. Fix the MM and less will quit.
Quickly bringing in new player to fill holes would be nice too. But give people the option to opt out if they don’t want to join matches that have already started.
Why would that be nice? Better yet.. How? If I went into matchmaking and joined a game that was 4v2 with the 4 having a sizeable lead... I'd probably quit that too.

Not to mention, it's a matchmaking system. So, you join in this 4v2.. Play a couple of minutes.. The 4 stomps you... Then you're thrown back into to the queue. It wouldn't work out.
if Memory wrote:
GRNT WRK wrote:
Quit bans solve nothing. Fix the MM and less will quit.
Quickly bringing in new player to fill holes would be nice too. But give people the option to opt out if they don’t want to join matches that have already started.
Why would that be nice? Better yet.. How? If I went into matchmaking and joined a game that was 4v2 with the 4 having a sizeable lead... I'd probably quit that too.

Not to mention, it's a matchmaking system. So, you join in this 4v2.. Play a couple of minutes.. The 4 stomps you... Then you're thrown back into to the queue. It wouldn't work out.
That’s why I said make it an option if people are willing or not. As in, you’re not being forced to be placed in matched that have already started. As well as mentioned that it would have to be fast at filling the spot.

Social only too. In ranked you shouldn’t be solo queueing in the first place. You find people you enjoy playing with and party up. If you’re not you’re not playing ranked serious enough and deserve any losses you get from bad players lol.
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Point from to make it easier.

1 why would I want to kill just one to two people if there whole team quits. Worse in big team.

2 why would I just stay and have my KD go into the negative if I can't even have a fighting chance because it's like 8 v 1

3 go to both point 1&2 why waste everyone's time. I went afk because the other team all quit and it was 4 vs 1 it was boring.

I will edit this again because I'm stoned and forgot.
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
Tbh I would just stop playing MCC if that's the case. And probably most casual players would too. So good luck finding a game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
X19Doug95 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Point from to make it easier.

1 why would I want to kill just one to two people if there whole team quits. Worse in big team.

2 why would I just stay and have my KD go into the negative if I can't even have a fighting chance because it's like 8 v 1

3 go to both point 1&2 why waste everyone's time. I went afk because the other team all quit and it was 4 vs 1 it was boring.

I will edit this again because I'm stoned and forgot.
Bigger punishment, people wouldn't leave. If there was no punishment. You're gonna keep playing your 8v1's and 1v8's.
Tbh I would just stop playing MCC if that's the case. And probably most casual players would too. So good luck finding a game.
i guarantee most players would not stop playing
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9