Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Why Reach Shouldn’t Be Added To MCC

OP SlowBunny949636

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
SouLxZoMB wrote:
Then why did they ever name it that? that's stupid. The Halo Collection would have worked fine. If they can't even follow a rule as simple as a title, then what does that say?.
It was only ever meant to be the 4 mainline games in this collection. ODST was part of the apology for how the game launched nd only included becaused it's based on Halo 3 which was already available, it was never a planned addition.
I hope for March event to see Halo Reach add to the MCC!
Jestzer wrote:
If it's free then why shouldn't it be added exactly?And it's more of the halo COLLECTION now that odst is In it
Who said it would be free? Technically, ODST isn't. I love the MCC, but I could understand why fans would want to see resources going into Halo: Infinite instead of a 4 year old game. ODST also only makes up a small part of the collection, to be fair.
I did say IF it is free and I think they have plenty of people to spare to add the game and it wouldnt take away any resources away from infinite
True, but why wouldn't it take away resources from Infinite? From my understanding, it not only takes a sizeable team to to make something like Reach come to MCC in 4K in 60 FPS, but also a good chunk of money. Even though 343i is owned by Microsoft, which has plenty of money and people, they have to decide what will actually make a profit, and Inifinite would easily make more than Reach DLC in MCC. So, if it did happen, I would think it would mean some attention would be taken away from Infinite and it would more of a passion point than a financial one.
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
If it's free then why shouldn't it be added exactly?And it's more of the halo COLLECTION now that odst is In it
Who said it would be free? Technically, ODST isn't. I love the MCC, but I could understand why fans would want to see resources going into Halo: Infinite instead of a 4 year old game. ODST also only makes up a small part of the collection, to be fair.
I did say IF it is free and I think they have plenty of people to spare to add the game and it wouldnt take away any resources away from infinite
True, but why wouldn't it take away resources from Infinite? From my understanding, it not only takes a sizeable team to to make something like Reach come to MCC in 4K in 60 FPS, but also a good chunk of money. Even though 343i is owned by Microsoft, which has plenty of money and people, they have to decide what will actually make a profit, and Inifinite would easily make more than Reach DLC in MCC. So, if it did happen, I would think it would mean some attention would be taken away from Infinite and it would more of a passion point than a financial one.
Adding anything to the MCC at this point is really about the passion rather than finances. If you look at a lot of Microsofts moves lately, it's all about doing stuff for the fans even if Microsoft themselves stands to gain nothing financially. It's also doubtful that bringing Reach to the MCC, or adding a late H3A, would take anything away from Halo Infinite. Those two projects would be shopped out to other developers. 343 might assign one or two people to oversee the project, but those would be people that normally handle multiple projects anyway. MCC is basically being treated as a service game now.
For the fans..... add Reach. For the finances..... do not add Reach. If Reach is not added sometime this year then it will never happen. Time will tell.
If they do add it to MCC or make an HD rerelease, they better make sure the armor customization carries over and my achievement, commendation, and campaign progress also carries over. I just recently was able to do Heroic on Solo, i do NOT want my progress to be in vain.
Interested to see what the OP has to say about this, now that Reach was just announced for the MCC.
Wow someone did good writing argumentative papers in English class. Anyway the argument you make about fragmenting the player population is a bit lacking. For instance you make the case that if Reach were to be added to MCC (which it is) that the player base that's playing the Xbox 360 backwards compatible version would quickly venture over to MCC leaving the original Reach a barren wasteland. By that logic then you should be against 343 even taking the time to fix the errors of the MCC altogether because it would take away player populations from Halo 5 or even Reach without either of those games being added to the collection.
Your argument about a generational gap has no sound logic to it, it doesn't matter that there's people thats never played Reach before. Before the MCC came out I had never played Halo CE or Halo 2 multiplayer, played the campaigns just not multiplayer. Yet despite me not being able to play the multiplayer on those games long ago I am still able to adapt and play these games on MCC.

You do make a good point about armour customization however. I would love to see Reach's armor customization implemented in MCC.

Halo Reach is something us fans have been asking for and its finally coming to the MCC. You should just be happy for us all and happy at the possibility of Halo expanding and regaining its former glory.
I'm happy to hear that they're adding Reach, especially since the BC version doesn't run all that well, but at the same time, I would've preferred a remake somewhere down the line. Hopefully all the games will be fully remade someday, anyway.

Quote:
Is it the purpose of the MCC to include all the games the Master Chief is present in?
-Yes.
Was the Master Chief in Halo: Reach?
-No.
Also, in response to this: Was Sauron the protagonist of The Lord of the Rings?
USCRuss72 wrote:
Wow someone did good writing argumentative papers in English class. Anyway the argument you make about fragmenting the player population is a bit lacking. For instance you make the case that if Reach were to be added to MCC (which it is) that the player base that's playing the Xbox 360 backwards compatible version would quickly venture over to MCC leaving the original Reach a barren wasteland. By that logic then you should be against 343 even taking the time to fix the errors of the MCC altogether because it would take away player populations from Halo 5 or even Reach without either of those games being added to the collection.
Your argument about a generational gap has no sound logic to it, it doesn't matter that there's people thats never played Reach before. Before the MCC came out I had never played Halo CE or Halo 2 multiplayer, played the campaigns just not multiplayer. Yet despite me not being able to play the multiplayer on those games long ago I am still able to adapt and play these games on MCC.

You do make a good point about armour customization however. I would love to see Reach's armor customization implemented in MCC.

Halo Reach is something us fans have been asking for and its finally coming to the MCC. You should just be happy for us all and happy at the possibility of Halo expanding and regaining its former glory.
pREACH!
Hallelujah.
It here now
Seems your just worried that the old population will drop, I've been playing reach a lot recently and the numbers don't go any where near 7,000 anymore. I'd hate to see the 360 version fall a bit, but it's so that new people can experience Reach, and with mcc's population increase Reach will never die now.
I think they should make it a dlc for MCC, but also a stand alone title. Like, you can launch the game on its own, or launch it through MCC, and it has achievements and stats and stuff separate from MCC. Its probably an awful idea, but it's just a thought I had.
Locking this as it's irrelevant now. :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7