OP Last Yautja

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hate 1
Hate 2
Do you even know how to play CE to justify hating it? In one clip you missed the dude with a rocket way to his left and your upset because you missed? In your second clip you have a sniper rifle and a AR. Your mid to long range away from the guy the AR is useless at that range. You should of used the pistol and sniper in that clip.
Yeah, all I saw was him missing the target with his rocket and turning away before finishing his target. Then in the second clip I saw him yet again missingbshots with the sniper rifle and expecting the assault rifle to do well at mid range. I'm guessing this guy mainly plays Halo 5 since I hear they made the assault rifle useful at medium range in that game.
Hate 1
Hate 2
Just like MasterCh1ef87 and Trigger Happy M already stated you seem pretty new to Halo 1. Did you really just hop onto the MCC to play Halo 1 to try to prove a point to us? All you proved to us is that you don't know how to play Halo 1 because you seem very unfamiliar with the game. Yes Halo 1 on the MCC has a ton of bugs/issues and is objectively inferior when compared to the original Halo 1 but none of what you experienced in the two clips that you posted was caused by these bugs.
In the first clip that you posted it seems like your opponent just picked up the over-shield(OS) and came from waterfalls to bottom red. In Halo 1 if you have a full OS the only way a rocket can kill you with one shot is if your opponent gets a direct impact with the rocket, otherwise the splash damage from the rocket will make you no shields and very low health. Here are clips showing examples of what I mean.
In the second clip that you posted you got both your opponents weak with the sniper rifle and tried to clean up the kills with your AR. Here's the issue with this, in Halo 1 the AR is really only effective at close range due to it's bullet spread, if you want the AR to be effective at medium range then you need to tap the trigger to reduce it's bullet spread. You would of had a higher chance of getting that kill with the AR if you would of tapped the trigger instead of holding the trigger down. I'm going to link a youtube video showing an example of what I mean.
If you truly want to get into Halo 1's multiplayer then I highly recommend for you to approach the game with an open mind and watch these videos that I'm going to link.
I think the key words here are that, apparently, I don't know how to play "Halo CE". In other halo's, that rocket would have killed the guy. Also, I turned away because I thought he was dead by how his body went limp and hit the wall. No, I'm not used to Halo CE at all & I feel that I've proved my point. The question was "why the hate with Halo CE?" and the answer is because it doesn't play like the other Halo games.

and xxcloud7x, thank you for the constructive criticism. I'll keep this in mind if I ever decide to play CE again...
I think the key words here are that, apparently, I don't know how to play "Halo CE". In other halo's, that rocket would have killed the guy. Also, I turned away because I thought he was dead by how his body went limp and hit the wall. No, I'm not used to Halo CE at all & I feel that I've proved my point. The question was "why the hate with Halo CE?" and the answer is because it doesn't play like the other Halo games.
You do realize Halo CE has the highest weapon damage in the series right? The rockets have the highest damage spread as Cloud said the guy had an Overshield you took out two layers of Overshield and left him with low health. In any other Halo game where the rocket you launched it landed someone with an Overshield would of done barely any damage. This just doesn't just speak for rockets but other weapons as well the pistol, shotgun, sniper rifle, grenades. One thing is you have to be spot on with your power weapons such as the rocket launcher and sniper rifle or else your screwed if you miss your shot as the pistol is deadly in someone's hand that knows how to three shot.

and xxcloud7x, thank you for the constructive criticism. I'll keep this in mind if I ever decide to play CE again...
It's okay to dislike Halo CE, I completely understand where you're coming from. Each iteration of Halo is completely different from each other so it's perfectly normal to feel alienated by the way the game plays. I have a feeling the reason why the OP made this thread in the first place is because he is getting tired of people quitting out of the team slayer and the BTB playlists whenever Halo CE or Halo 2 whens the vote.

Anyways the root of the issue is cross game matchmaking playlists, no one likes being forced to play a game they don't like, everybody has their own personal preference of Halo games that they like to play. All I'm asking for is for people to approach Halo CE's multiplayer with a more open mind and give it a second chance. I didn't get into Halo CE's multiplayer until the MCC came out so I know it's possible for other newcomers to learn the game as well as long as they approach the game with a open mind.
xxcloud7xx wrote:

It's okay to dislike Halo CE, I completely understand where you're coming from. Each iteration of Halo is completely different from each other so it's perfectly normal to feel alienated by the way the game plays. I have a feeling the reason why the OP made this thread in the first place is because he is getting tired of people quitting out of the team slayer and the BTB playlists whenever Halo CE or Halo 2 whens the vote.

Anyways the root of the issue is cross game matchmaking playlists, no one likes being forced to play a game they don't like, everybody has their own personal preference of Halo games that they like to play. All I'm asking for is for people to approach Halo CE's multiplayer with a more open mind and give it a second chance. I didn't get into Halo CE's multiplayer until the MCC came out so I know it's possible for other newcomers to learn the game as well as long as they approach the game with a open mind.
To add on to my post, part of your problem is that you're approaching Halo CE with the mindset that it's going to play like another Halo game that you're familiar with. You set yourself up for unrealistic expectations by doing this and cause yourself to become disappointed when you finally realize that the game doesn't play like you imagined it would. To fix this all you have to do is approach the game with a more open mindset by not expecting Halo CE to play like another Halo game that you're familiar with just because it has "Halo" in the title.

Halo has had an identity crisis since Halo 2 because each iteration of Halo plays completely different from each other. This has caused the Halo community to become fractured. No longer can I just say that I play "Halo", I have to be more specific about it and state what version of Halo that I play. This is why I try not to expect Halo "X" to play like Halo "Y" and vice versa. To me the only real Halo game is Halo CE, to someone else it might be Halo 5.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:

To add on to my post, part of your problem is that you're approaching Halo CE with the mindset that it's going to play like another Halo game that you're familiar with. You set yourself up for unrealistic expectations by doing this and cause yourself to become disappointed when you finally realize that the game doesn't play like you imagined it would. To fix this all you have to do is approach the game with a more open mindset by not expecting Halo CE to play like another Halo game that you're familiar with just because it has "Halo" in the title.

Halo has had an identity crisis since Halo 2 because each iteration of Halo plays completely different from each other. This has caused the Halo community to become fractured. No longer can I just say that I play "Halo", I have to be more specific about it and state what version of Halo that I play. This is why I try not to expect Halo "X" to play like Halo "Y" and vice versa. To me the only real Halo game is Halo CE, to someone else it might be Halo 5.
Excellent post. This is why cross-game playlists are inherently doomed: Players do not want to play Team Slayer or Big Team Battle, they want to play (as random examples) Halo 2 Team Slayer or Halo 3 Big Team Battle. The reality is that, despite all being part of the same series, there are very significant differences even between Bungie's Halo games.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:

Excellent post. This is why cross-game playlists are inherently doomed: Players do not want to play Team Slayer or Big Team Battle, they want to play (as random examples) Halo 2 Team Slayer or Halo 3 Big Team Battle. The reality is that, despite all being part of the same series, there are very significant differences even between Bungie's Halo games.
Yup Bungie started this horrible trend of reinventing the wheel when they decided to abandon the core principals/fundamentals of Halo CE by making Halo 2 play radically different from Halo CE. They did the same thing when they made Halo 3 but to a lesser extent, and then completely went off the deep end with Halo Reach. 343 then started to follow Bungie's horrible trend of reinventing the wheel when they decided to make Halo 4 and Halo 5.

That being said it seems like Frank O' Connor just recently confirmed that the next iteration of Halo won't be reinventing the wheel like the previous Halo games did and instead is going to be using and improving onto the core of Halo 5. This is good news for those who enjoy the core game play of Halo 5 but bad news for people like me that don't like the core game play of Halo 5 and want to see the Halo series come full circle. I want the next iteration of Halo to have Halo CE esque style of game play, basically I want a Halo CE 2.0. Anyways I could be completely misinterpreting what he is actually saying so please take what I said with a grain of salt.
Back onto the topic of the cross game playlists issue in the MCC, IMO the best solution to this problem would be to add the option to join in the middle of custom games and add a custom game browser. This would allow players to be able to conveniently play what they prefer without having to deal with the annoying cross game playlists. Another solution is to get rid of the cross game playlists(team slayer, BTB, Team Hardcore, and etc) and add multiple matchmaking playlists for each individual game but this would require for the MCC to have a decent sized population which unfortunately I don't think the game has.
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:

Yup Bungie started this horrible trend of reinventing the wheel when they decided to abandon the core principals/fundamentals of Halo CE by making Halo 2 play radically different from Halo CE. They did the same thing when they made Halo 3 but to a lesser extent, and then completely went off the deep end with Halo Reach. 343 then started to follow Bungie's horrible trend of reinventing the wheel when they decided to make Halo 4 and Halo 5.

That being said it seems like Frank O' Connor just recently confirmed that the next iteration of Halo won't be reinventing the wheel like the previous Halo games did and instead is going to be using and improving onto the core of Halo 5. This is good news for those who enjoy the core game play of Halo 5 but bad news for people like me that don't like the core game play of Halo 5 and want to see the Halo series come full circle. I want the next iteration of Halo to have Halo CE esque style of game play, basically I want a Halo CE 2.0. Anyways I could be completely misinterpreting what he is actually saying so please take what I said with a grain of salt.
Back onto the topic of the cross game playlists issue in the MCC, IMO the best solution to this problem would be to add the option to join in the middle of custom games and add a custom game browser. This would allow players to be able to conveniently play what they prefer without having to deal with the annoying cross game playlists. Another solution is to get rid of the cross game playlists(team slayer, BTB, Team Hardcore, and etc) and add multiple matchmaking playlists for each individual game but this would require for the MCC to have a decent sized population which unfortunately I don't think the game has.
I have been asking for a custom game browser with join in progress for a while now. It would be nice if we could get enough people together to bring this to 343's attention. I mean if they are going to drop support for the game, at least give us this.
Halo 3 comes up way too much. I think Halo 4 and Halo 3 should be contained to 1 individual play list. I got MCC to play Halo CE and Halo 2. Game needs a major overhaul.
the halo 3 fanboys are a disgrace for the MCC
Halo CE BTB is too good tho... when i can find it
Halo CE BTB is too good tho... when i can find it
Yes it is.
That's because CE is the least noob-friendly Halo to exist with the deepest gameplay. If you have even the simplest grasp of the meta, you can 50-0 teams. This applies more to 2v2 CE than BTB, but you get the point.

I also have no clue why CE BTB is never voted for. It is honestly the most fun sandbox ever. And vehicles aren't made of paper.
I got matched in a BTB CE game on blood gulch it was the most fun BTB I've played in a while it ended in a draw but it was awesome
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:

The only identify crisis that Halo CE has is with kids who started playing halo 2 and onward. As you know, they missed the greatest game in the series when it was at it's peak, and being able to play it online using XBC. When XBC first launched before xbox live was even in existence, there would be 500 people on there hosting all day every day. The lag was better than it is on Halo CE on MCC. You could actually kill someone on their host with 3 headshots just by leading your shots. In MCC, you can take a full clip worth of head shots to kill someone because of the overseas hosts you play on every other match. Any halo game that doesn't have the ability to blow power ups to various locations on the map with set weapon and power up respawn times as well as being able to force spawn and random spawn your teammate based on where you stand in certain positions on the map isn't real halo to me. Too much was changed in halo 2 for me to even consider it being a good sequel.

halospawns.com
halonades.com

Git halo CE.
Git good.
OS Wargod wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:

The only identify crisis that Halo CE has is with kids who started playing halo 2 and onward. As you know, they missed the greatest game in the series when it was at it's peak, and being able to play it online using XBC. When XBC first launched before xbox live was even in existence, there would be 500 people on there hosting all day every day. The lag was better than it is on Halo CE on MCC. You could actually kill someone on their host with 3 headshots just by leading your shots. In MCC, you can take a full clip worth of head shots to kill someone because of the overseas hosts you play on every other match. Any halo game that doesn't have the ability to blow power ups to various locations on the map with set weapon and power up respawn times as well as being able to force spawn and random spawn your teammate based on where you stand in certain positions on the map isn't real halo to me. Too much was changed in halo 2 for me to even consider it being a good sequel.

halospawns.com
halonades.com

Git halo CE.
Git good.
I agree. I host a lot of CE customs in the MCC as a host I can tell my shots aren't the same in this version and it's not because of it being the PC version. Sure the PC version isn't exactly the same as the OG Xbox version but at least the shots for the host were more consistent. For the record it's not my connection as I've had people from here in the US as well as Canada, Europe South Amercia, Australia, New Zealand and Japan join my games with zero lag so it's all on the UI of the MCC. I just want to ask 343 where are the dedicated servers you promised us? Microsoft get involved here if 3rd party companies such as EA can do dedicated servers why can't you for Halo your biggest game series that made you revelant in the gaming industry.
i suck with the halo ce pistol
how do you use it
OS Wargod wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:

halospawns.com
halonades.com

Git halo CE.
Git good.
I agree. I host a lot of CE customs in the MCC as a host I can tell my shots aren't the same in this version and it's not because of it being the PC version. Sure the PC version isn't exactly the same as the OG Xbox version but at least the shots for the host were more consistent. For the record it's not my connection as I've had people from here in the US as well as Canada, Europe South Amercia, Australia, New Zealand and Japan join my games with zero lag so it's all on the UI of the MCC. I just want to ask 343 where are the dedicated servers you promised us? Microsoft get involved here if 3rd party companies such as EA can do dedicated servers why can't you for Halo your biggest game series that made you revelant in the gaming industry.
I find that more often than not, when I join a host not in the USA (im in the USA) it takes me 10 headshots to kill someone while they down me in 3 like it's nothing.
There is no reason why an American who is trying to play a game made by his fellow Americans should have to suffer through someone's oversea host. I shouldn't even be getting matched up against them to begin with, but 343 screwed the game up so I get 1 good game out of every 5 where I can actually 3 shot someone.

OS Wargod wrote:
OS Wargod wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:
xxcloud7xx wrote:

halospawns.com
halonades.com

Git halo CE.
Git good.
I find that more often than not, when I join a host not in the USA (im in the USA) it takes me 10 headshots to kill someone while they down me in 3 like it's nothing.
There is no reason why an American who is trying to play a game made by his fellow Americans should have to suffer through someone's oversea host. I shouldn't even be getting matched up against them to begin with, but 343 screwed the game up so I get 1 good game out of every 5 where I can actually 3 shot someone.

Add me my host is really good. No reason you should have to have terrible games like that. The group I'm in are all CE players.
Goodness, there's problems for Halo CE? At least its not that much. I prefer H5, so what is the difference with the Pistol in CE? Slight chance of missing compared to H5?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3