Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Why the love for Reach but not Halo 4?

OP Geth Pathfinder

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
My idea to help Halo 4 to put it more in line with the other Halo Titles in MCC would be:

Remove the personal class feature and add BR+AR or AR+Pistol starts across all gametypes.

Keep sprint, because the maps are designed around the ability to sprint.

Put standart weapons and grenades on the map, just like in other Halo Titles

Don't give players Armor Abilities at spawn, put AAs on the map as a pick up, just like Halo 3 Gadgets.

Remove the random ordanance drop feature, just keep fixed power weapons with consistent timers. But keep the ordanance drop feature for some infinity variants .
My idea to help Halo 4 to put it more in line with the other Halo Titles in MCC would be:

Remove the personal class feature and add BR+AR or AR+Pistol starts across all gametypes.

Keep sprint, because the maps are designed around the ability to sprint.

Put standart weapons and grenades on the map, just like in other Halo Titles

Don't give players Armor Abilities at spawn, put AAs on the map as a pick up, just like Halo 3 Gadgets.

Remove the random ordanance drop feature, just keep fixed power weapons with consistent timers. But keep the ordanance drop feature for some infinity variants .
That would change how Halo 4 originally played. The only reason I’ve started using the MCC to play Halo 4 is because it plays closer to the original. Pre-update TMCC H4 didn’t feel like it did on the 360. That’s why until recently I would always play Halo 4 via backwards compatibility. I pay H4 so I can equip Wheelman and kick some a**. I’m still waiting for Survivor to return to Halo 4 in the MCC.

This is doesn’t mean I wouldn’t mind a new game mode where we get even starts and static spawns. I always wondered why Reach didn’t take advantage of putting Armor Abilities as map pickups. I use to to do that in Forge. I do prefer Infinity Slayer to Legendary Slayer most of the time though.
I find Halo 4 to play similarly to Halo 2. The BR is slightly slower in Halo 4. I also find the Halo 4 DMR to be better than Reach’s. Sprint isn’t really a deal breaker either way for me. Personally, I kinda hope that Halo Infinite ditches sprint in favor of higher BMS.
Halo never needed perks especially one that is a carbon copy of a call of duty perk just named differently. Resupply was something every player had from halo 1 through reach and never needed to be taken out and made into a perk.The weapons are not completely balanced either,the boltshot has ridiculous range,and the dmr is superior to the br in every way in halo 4
The weapons are more balanced than many other Halos. Of course, the DMR is superior at long range. The BR is for slightly closer engagements, the Carbine is for closer range than the BR, and the AR is for close-medium range. Every weapon has a place. The Boltshot isn’t any longer ranged than the Shotgun and requires to be charged up. This timing requires skill and allows payers to have a chance against a shotgun/sword. The only useless weapons in Halo 4 are the Suppressors and Storm Rifles. Look at Halo 3 though. Magnums, SMGs, Plasma Rifles, and Spikers are weak weapons that don’t stand a chance against a competent BR player. Halo 4 has the most variety due to the fact that not everyone is using the same weapons/strategy. I didn’t even run in to Boltshots a whole lot until playing Halo 4 on the MCC. Maybe it’s because I usually stick to BTB.

As an example of how I have a variety of play styles and weapons, I’ll name a few of my layouts.
Loudout 1: BR, Plasma Pistol, Jetpacks, Plasma Grenades, Dexterity, Wheelman
Loadout 2: DMR, AR, Camo, Frag Grenades, Firepower, Awareness
Loadout 3: Carbine, Boltshot, Hologram, Plasma Grenades, Stealth, Mobility.
I find Halo 4 to play similarly to Halo 2. The BR is slightly slower in Halo 4. I also find the Halo 4 DMR to be better than Reach’s. Sprint isn’t really a deal breaker either way for me. Personally, I kinda hope that Halo Infinite ditches sprint in favor of higher BMS.
Halo never needed perks especially one that is a carbon copy of a call of duty perk just named differently. Resupply was something every player had from halo 1 through reach and never needed to be taken out and made into a perk.The weapons are not completely balanced either,the boltshot has ridiculous range,and the dmr is superior to the br in every way in halo 4
The weapons are more balanced than many other Halos. Of course, the DMR is superior at long range. The BR is for slightly closer engagements, the Carbine is for closer range than the BR, and the AR is for close-medium range. Every weapon has a place. The Boltshot isn’t any longer ranged than the Shotgun and requires to be charged up. This timing requires skill and allows payers to have a chance against a shotgun/sword. The only useless weapons in Halo 4 are the Suppressors and Storm Rifles. Look at Halo 3 though. Magnums, SMGs, Plasma Rifles, and Spikers are weak weapons that don’t stand a chance against a competent BR player. Halo 4 has the most variety due to the fact that not everyone is using the same weapons/strategy. I didn’t even run in to Boltshots a whole lot until playing Halo 4 on the MCC. Maybe it’s because I usually stick to BTB.

As an example of how I have a variety of play styles and weapons, I’ll name a few of my layouts.
Loudout 1: BR, Plasma Pistol, Jetpacks, Plasma Grenades, Dexterity, Wheelman
Loadout 2: DMR, AR, Camo, Frag Grenades, Firepower, Awareness
Loadout 3: Carbine, Boltshot, Hologram, Plasma Grenades, Stealth, Mobility.
I completely agree with you; H4 loadouts enhanced variety while keeping overall balance. However, some of them should be earned like in the old 360 Xbox, that's probably the reason why you see lots of people using a Bolshot since day one in MCC. Hopefully, with the rank and seasons additions, we will see improvements like that included in the game. Otherwise, it would be a lost opportunity. As far as Supressor and Storm Rifle power go, I've always preferred the Storm Rifle over the AR, it just feels more powerful and I'm keen on seeing actual bullets coming out of the weapon, instead of a hitscan fire that takes no skill aside from good registration purposes.

Personally, I think the common annoyance for Halo 4 against Reach, is due to the extreme gun effectiveness at range (partially because of the bloom/spread reduction), big crosshairs or high bullet magnetism that kills you even behind a wall (this issue stuck to Halo 2:Anniversary, and shouldn't remain like that). Moreover, hit and grenade indicators damage gameplay in every title they're introduced in. Then, you see controversies such as the poor hit detection of the Light Rifle in contrast to the BR/DMR/Carbine when targets are sprinting. Aside from that, Halo 4 is a pretty well balanced and designed game, made for the whole tastes of players. In my opinion, it shouldn't have been removed from Ranked either (even if that section of matchmaking is nowadays unpopulated, unbalanced and inconsistent with playlists rotations and such), as until the big MCC update it worked perfectly and was played frequently. The settings aren't so hard to do: just turn off random weapon drops (also called ordinance), make loadouts like BTB (AR/BR/DMR/LR/Carbine) or Legendary BR starts and that's it. Maybe add the gamemode proposed in an above statement, with abilities on the map.

And about the BR vs DMR encounter that was referred in another comment, try to win with a DMR in an Adrift tunnel, the BR is in fact more powerful and has a higher fire rate, not to mention the bigger crosshair and the level of magnetism that isn't compensated with a bit of recoil, spread nor bloom. At least you have to be a bit accurate to use a DMR. To be honest, the H4 X360 BR version was more balanced in every way, the MCC one doesn't feel the same, it may be the speed of the trigger. In MCC, it seems that the old balance was a bit decreased as that gun is like a master of all encounters as it did in the old games.
My idea to help Halo 4 to put it more in line with the other Halo Titles in MCC would be:

Remove the personal class feature and add BR+AR or AR+Pistol starts across all gametypes.

Keep sprint, because the maps are designed around the ability to sprint.

Put standart weapons and grenades on the map, just like in other Halo Titles

Don't give players Armor Abilities at spawn, put AAs on the map as a pick up, just like Halo 3 Gadgets.

Remove the random ordanance drop feature, just keep fixed power weapons with consistent timers. But keep the ordanance drop feature for some infinity variants .
That would change how Halo 4 originally played. The only reason I’ve started using the MCC to play Halo 4 is because it plays closer to the original. Pre-update TMCC H4 didn’t feel like it did on the 360. That’s why until recently I would always play Halo 4 via backwards compatibility. I pay H4 so I can equip Wheelman and kick some a**. I’m still waiting for Survivor to return to Halo 4 in the MCC.

This is doesn’t mean I wouldn’t mind a new game mode where we get even starts and static spawns. I always wondered why Reach didn’t take advantage of putting Armor Abilities as map pickups. I use to to do that in Forge. I do prefer Infinity Slayer to Legendary Slayer most of the time though.
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
The thing is if we don’t play it and voice our feedback to 343.... if they want us to play it they will change it. If it’s broke fix it. And the minority liked h4. Majority left it a year or so after release and went back to 3. I don’t think 343 is going pull another h4
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
The thing is if we don’t play it and voice our feedback to 343.... if they want us to play it they will change it. If it’s broke fix it. And the minority liked h4. Majority left it a year or so after release and went back to 3. I don’t think 343 is going pull another h4
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
personally I find that every discussion always devolves into the mp mode and the shortcomings , perceived or otherwise . H4 as a overall game had some really cool things . Spartan ops was a excellent storied episodic take on a firefight mode that frankly is under appreciated and it's a shame it never carried through to a season two which in turn affected Guardians campaign immensely . The campaign while very linear and sadly a bit short on ammo in legendary mode still has the strongest storytelling of any halo thus far .
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
The thing is if we don’t play it and voice our feedback to 343.... if they want us to play it they will change it. If it’s broke fix it. And the minority liked h4. Majority left it a year or so after release and went back to 3. I don’t think 343 is going pull another h4
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
personally I find that every discussion always devolves into the mp mode and the shortcomings , perceived or otherwise . H4 as a overall game had some really cool things . Spartan ops was a excellent storied episodic take on a firefight mode that frankly is under appreciated and it's a shame it never carried through to a season two which in turn affected Guardians campaign immensely . The campaign while very linear and sadly a bit short on ammo in legendary mode still has the strongest storytelling of any halo thus far .
The sp of h4 wasn’t bad. The sorry of h5 you can’t pay me to play again
This is just my personal gripe with halo 4, I'm sure others felt the same way.

The population for halo 4 died pretty quick and its for multiple reasons, to name a few with halo 4 i think the game had already started on a sour note because the majority of us were so confused as to why 343 delivered a game like that to us, when we spent months voicing our feedback to form the TU for reach we figured "okay, they know what we want. We've been talking about these issues ever since reach came out and 343 delivered a fantastic TU, they know what we want."
Before halo 4 was released to the public.

I just want to point out that at this time period It was pretty well known that a large amount of players wanted halo to return to the arena shooter it once was, after years of voicing the disdain for sprint, abilities, and the need for the ranking system NEEDING to make a return halo 4 released with sprint being standard and could now be combined with even more abilities(most of which were awful), and no ranking system.

Not being scoped out of my gun when shot was a bad decision(why water the game down this much?), the maps were unplayable, having a medal for literally everything, kill streaks, announcer never shutting the hell up, the instant respawn from the kill cam(seriously halo at this point had been out for years did anyone not give this a red flag? were they not thinking about obj gametypes?)

The kill streaks created luck based situations in high level matches which made games incredibly lopsided.
48-48? enemy team gets a lucky binary rifle? looks like map control and placement is pointless now. GG.

This game was honestly just one of the worst experiences with halo i had ever encountered. Since 2007 the only game i had played was halo 3, when halo reach came out I played the hell out of that too even though I hated non-TU reach i still felt like it was halo at its core, but with halo 4? it did such a 180 it didn't feel like an actual halo anymore. There were so many differences and it played so different I put it away shortly after i completed the campaign.

Halo 4 was the first time i put away a halo game and chose to not play anymore.

When i saw h5 i knew it would be horrible(because it didn't look like it played like halo) in my opinion but i still bought it a few months after it released(first halo game i didnt own since day 1) and after 3 or 4 games I put that game away too.

I would still be playing oG halo 3 if i could find a match because MCC has issues in it a halo game just shouldn't have.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
The thing is if we don’t play it and voice our feedback to 343.... if they want us to play it they will change it. If it’s broke fix it. And the minority liked h4. Majority left it a year or so after release and went back to 3. I don’t think 343 is going pull another h4
I never said that 343i should make another Halo 4. Personality, I would love it if they did l, but I’m aware that many people don’t want that. My point is as that to make 4 play like classic Halo (Legendary Slayer without AAs)will only alienate the fans. Classic fans still won’t like Halo 4 and fans of the loadout style gameplay will lose interest. I’m telling you right now if 343i removes loadouts and AAs from H4 in the MCC, I’ll lost interest in Halo 4. I like it because of the customization. So far 343i is doing good with the MCC. Maps still aren’t as good as the OG Halo 4. I want the Banshee back on Vortex
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
skewer647 wrote:
personally I find that every discussion always devolves into the mp mode and the shortcomings , perceived or otherwise . H4 as a overall game had some really cool things . Spartan ops was a excellent storied episodic take on a firefight mode that frankly is under appreciated and it's a shame it never carried through to a season two which in turn affected Guardians campaign immensely . The campaign while very linear and sadly a bit short on ammo in legendary mode still has the strongest storytelling of any halo thus far
I agree with you about the campaign. I didn’t even have Xbox Live when Halo 4 released. I played all the games for the story. Halo 4 is one of my favorite Halo campaigns. I hate the lack of ammo as well. Spartan Ops could have been a lot better but I still found it more entertaining than Firefight. I’ve never understood the obsession with Firefight. It gets old real fast.
While I wasn't the biggest fan of either game ( although both had some good things). I would say reasons why some one would love reach and not H4 is #1 went overboard on the loadouts and abilities...kinda a more isn't necessarily better thing....#2 the "noobtastic" weapons, boltshot aka the pocket shotgun, the binary rifle one shot kill no matter where you hit, and the incineration cannon where you don't have to be all that close to get the kill. And finally the XP system, it was a joke in H4, you could max it out in a month or two... In reach it took a long time to get to inheritor.
LethalQ wrote:
While I wasn't the biggest fan of either game ( although both had some good things). I would say reasons why some one would love reach and not H4 is #1 went overboard on the loadouts and abilities...kinda a more isn't necessarily better thing....#2 the "noobtastic" weapons, boltshot aka the pocket shotgun, the binary rifle one shot kill no matter where you hit, and the incineration cannon where you don't have to be all that close to get the kill. And finally the XP system, it was a joke in H4, you could max it out in a month or two... In reach it took a long time to get to inheritor.
I like the fact that you can reach rank 130 in a relatively short time. Halo Reach was ridiculous. Halo 4 allows player to achieve max rank and unlock all abilities/weapons in a short time. At the same time it gives players real tangible benefits from leveling up at the beginning. It took me, someone who plays on and off, a couple of years to reach 130. I still play for fun and the commendations.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
The thing is if we don’t play it and voice our feedback to 343.... if they want us to play it they will change it. If it’s broke fix it. And the minority liked h4. Majority left it a year or so after release and went back to 3. I don’t think 343 is going pull another h4
I never said that 343i should make another Halo 4. Personality, I would love it if they did l, but I’m aware that many people don’t want that. My point is as that to make 4 play like classic Halo (Legendary Slayer without AAs)will only alienate the fans. Classic fans still won’t like Halo 4 and fans of the loadout style gameplay will lose interest. I’m telling you right now if 343i removes loadouts and AAs from H4 in the MCC, I’ll lost interest in Halo 4. I like it because of the customization. So far 343i is doing good with the MCC. Maps still aren’t as good as the OG Halo 4. I want the Banshee back on Vortex
If they make 4 play like classic halo more classic fans will play they are a bigger population. And h4 alienated that entire fan base to the point I won’t touch it if there is Loadouts or rng killstreaks. H4 killed halo for a lot of people.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
If they make 4 play like classic halo more classic fans will play they are a bigger population. And h4 alienated that entire fan base to the point I won’t touch it if there is Loadouts or rng killstreaks. H4 killed halo for a lot of people.
And I’ll leave if they remove loadouts. We’re just going in circles. Point is that Halo 4 is unique. Making it a watered down classic Halo is not a good idea. If I want even starts, no loadouts, and no advanced mobility, I’ll play Halo CE, Halo 2, or Halo 3. If I want sprint and even starts, I’ll play Halo 5. Halo 4 is found nowhere else.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
If they make 4 play like classic halo more classic fans will play they are a bigger population. And h4 alienated that entire fan base to the point I won’t touch it if there is Loadouts or rng killstreaks. H4 killed halo for a lot of people.
And I’ll leave if they remove loadouts. We’re just going in circles. Point is that Halo 4 is unique. Making it a watered down classic Halo is not a good idea. If I want even starts, no loadouts, and no advanced mobility, I’ll play Halo CE, Halo 2, or Halo 3. If I want sprint and even starts, I’ll play Halo 5. Halo 4 is found nowhere else.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
simple answer.

Because Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, Halo Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, and even Halo Infinite apparently... They feels Halo.

Halo 4 and Halo 5 don't feel Halo at all.
simple answer.

Because Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, Halo Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, and even Halo Infinite apparently... They feels Halo.

Halo 4 and Halo 5 don't feel Halo at all.
I would agree that Halo 5 doesn’t feel right. Halo 4 did feel like Halo to me though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5