Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Why the love for Reach but not Halo 4?

OP Geth Pathfinder

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
simple answer.

Because Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, Halo Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, and even Halo Infinite apparently... They feels Halo.

Halo 4 and Halo 5 don't feel Halo at all.
Disagree, every halo feels different to each other , reach just signaled the beginning of modern halo era, every halo since CE has had multiple changes and evolutions to the next title.
Whilst I believe CE is the best and only, truly pure halo experience, should I suggest every other title doesn't feel like halo?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 4 and Halo 5 don't feel Halo at all by :

the art style and the atmosphere

the gameplay

the gunplay

the abilities and gimmicks

the music

the weapons feeling

the aim and skill gap

the pacing

the jumps

the sounds and noises

the online maps

the online commentator

the armors and helmets

gametypes

generic campaign

...

These 2 games are for players with bad tastes and low skill.

Keep saying what you want but H4 and H5 are not Halo to me.

I wished these 2 games (don't exist) were only a nightmare of Master Chief while he was sleeping frozen in the end of H3, and then Halo Infinite starts just after he wakes up.
You can have what opinion you want but don’t tell others they have bad tastes for liking something you don’t.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
But considering Halo 4 and Halo 5 as good Halo, this just means bad tastes.

That's just fact.
Haha. I think you need to look up what facts are. Your opinion doesn’t equal facts. Halo 4 is my favorite Halo. You don’t have to agree but that doesn’t mean I have bad tastes.
Man come on Halo 4 and 5 are terrible, in every ways.

Only a player who started Halo with one of these two games will say that.

These games are no fun and boring to watch, to listen, and to play.

I will always remember the first 5 minutes i played Halo 4 on release, that was the apocalypse in my head and i knew this game was a tragedy and that the dark era of Halo was coming... and it seemed i was true.
Man come on Halo 4 and 5 are terrible, in every ways.

Only a player who started Halo with one of these two games will say that.

These games are no fun and boring to watch, to listen, and to play.

I will always remember the first 5 minutes i played Halo 4 on release, that was the apocalypse in my head and i knew this game was a tragedy and that the dark era of Halo was coming... and it seemed i was true.
Nope. Started with Halo CE. I didn’t play online till 2016 though. I played all the Halos’ campaign and custom games. I always liked Halo 4’s gameplay/story so obviously when I got my Xbox 360 connected to the internet, I wanted to see what it was like online. I found out that Halo 4 multiplayer(specifically BTB) really appeals to me. Halo 4 has the best UNSC art style and sound effects. Bungie has low quality sound effects compared to 343i.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and Battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo, was Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/.

The first comment in that picture puts a tear to my eye lol

now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is

https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
Man come on Halo 4 and 5 are terrible, in every ways.

Only a player who started Halo with one of these two games will say that.

These games are no fun and boring to watch, to listen, and to play.

I will always remember the first 5 minutes i played Halo 4 on release, that was the apocalypse in my head and i knew this game was a tragedy and that the dark era of Halo was coming... and it seemed i was true.
Nope. Started with Halo CE. I didn’t play online till 2016 though.
This is exactly why you enjoy the newer halos you didn't experience the multiplayer back then.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
You used population numbers to make an assumption that it’s not unique. I can’t answer why so many people didn’t like Halo 4. However, I can say that Halo 4 is unique to me. I was literally just playing it. Ironically, I find Halo 3 to be the worst in the series after Halo 5. No clue why so many people love Halo 3 when it’s based on a unreliable BR that makes causal play impossible. Don’t get me wrong the campaign was a blast but when I played H3 online, I only found frustration. I’m just now starting to get the hang of it after a couple years. Halo 4 is definitely easier to pick up.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
You used population numbers to make an assumption that it’s not unique. I can’t answer why so many people didn’t like Halo 4. However, I can say that Halo 4 is unique to me. I was literally just playing it. Ironically, I find Halo 3 to be the worst in the series after Halo 5. No clue why so many people love Halo 3 when it’s based on a unreliable BR that makes causal play impossible. Don’t get me wrong the campaign was a blast but when I played H3 online, I only found frustration. I’m just now starting to get the hang of it after a couple years. Halo 4 is definitely easier to pick up.
I used population because I always related it to the quality of the game, I think Halo 4 wasn't very unique because it borrowed from so many other games and that ruined the quality for me.

Well the Halo 3 in MCC is leagues under the original and since you never played the original in its prime you can't really say casual play was impossible.

It balanced the competitive crowd and the casual crowd so perfectly which is why so many people enjoyed it.
It had ranked(ones that actually worked not like MCC) AND social gametypes so everyone was happy.

Could you tell me what about Halo 4 was unique to you from the other shooters out there?
Halo 1-3 had their own flavor to them and all had their differences with changes that effected the gameplay from themselves and the other shooters on the market.

What to you about Halo 4 stood out?
It's the expansion of Reach's additions that made Halo 4 controversial gameplay-wise.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
I used population because I always related it to the quality of the game, I think Halo 4 wasn't very unique because it borrowed from so many other games and that ruined the quality for me.

Well the Halo 3 in MCC is leagues under the original and since you never played the original in its prime you can't really say casual play was impossible.

It balanced the competitive crowd and the casual crowd so perfectly which is why so many people enjoyed it.
It had ranked(ones that actually worked not like MCC) AND social gametypes so everyone was happy.

Could you tell me what about Halo 4 was unique to you from the other shooters out there?
Halo 1-3 had their own flavor to them and all had their differences with changes that effected the gameplay from themselves and the other shooters on the market.

What to you about Halo 4 stood out?
Halo 4’s BTB is really what I’m talking about when I say that love the play style. I actually do find the classic Halos to have somewhat better 4v4. What Halo 4 did with BTB feels so fun and balanced.

It used loadouts but they did something different from other games. Heavy weapons are still static pickups(like previous Halos). This allows players to choose their own play style without being able to spawn heavy weapons. For example: if I want to be a sniper, I’ll spawn with a DMR, AR, Frag Grenades, Camo, Firepower, Awareness. If I want to get in a vehicle(or hijack one), I spawn with BR, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Jetpack, Wheelman, Survivor. This play style allows me to choose what I want instead of trying to search for the Plasma Pistol while being shot at. Unlike CoD, ordinance and vehicles are still fought over. It’s less that Halo 4 does a single right thing than it brings together multiple features in the right combination.

Maps are probably the single best thing in Halo 4. I love almost every BTB map. Ragnarok is one of my favorites but it’s based on Valhalla; therefore, let’s not count it as a unique pro for Halo 4. Vortex, Meltdown, Exile, and Longbow are all epic maps.

The vehicles are perfectly balanced. If you spawn with Wheelman, Survivor, or Explosives and are careful, you can wreck an entire team with a Mantis or Banshee. At the same time, Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenade spawns allow a skilled player to stop a Mantis even if the whole other team controls the map.

In summary:
1. Loadout class weapons vs ordinance class
2. High quality maps
3. Balanced vehicle combat
Edit: I just remembered Husky Raid. I had some intense matches of Husky Raid in Halo 4. I’m not sure if it’s in any other Halos but this is where I learned about it.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
I used population because I always related it to the quality of the game, I think Halo 4 wasn't very unique because it borrowed from so many other games and that ruined the quality for me.

Well the Halo 3 in MCC is leagues under the original and since you never played the original in its prime you can't really say casual play was impossible.

It balanced the competitive crowd and the casual crowd so perfectly which is why so many people enjoyed it.
It had ranked(ones that actually worked not like MCC) AND social gametypes so everyone was happy.

Could you tell me what about Halo 4 was unique to you from the other shooters out there?
Halo 1-3 had their own flavor to them and all had their differences with changes that effected the gameplay from themselves and the other shooters on the market.

What to you about Halo 4 stood out?
Halo 4’s BTB is really what I’m talking about when I say that love the play style. I actually do find the classic Halos to have somewhat better 4v4. What Halo 4 did with BTB feels so fun and balanced.

It used loadouts but they did something different from other games. Heavy weapons are still static pickups(like previous Halos). This allows players to choose their own play style without being able to spawn heavy weapons. For example: if I want to be a sniper, I’ll spawn with a DMR, AR, Frag Grenades, Camo, Firepower, Awareness. If I want to get in a vehicle(or hijack one), I spawn with BR, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Jetpack, Wheelman, Survivor. This play style allows me to choose what I want instead of trying to search for the Plasma Pistol while being shot at. Unlike CoD, ordinance and vehicles are still fought over. It’s less that Halo 4 does a single right thing than it brings together multiple features in the right combination.

Maps are probably the single best thing in Halo 4. I love almost every BTB map. Ragnarok is one of my favorites but it’s based on Valhalla; therefore, let’s not count it as a unique pro for Halo 4. Vortex, Meltdown, Exile, and Longbow are all epic maps.

The vehicles are perfectly balanced. If you spawn with Wheelman, Survivor, or Explosives and are careful, you can wreck an entire team with a Mantis or Banshee. At the same time, Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenade spawns allow a skilled player to stop a Mantis even if the whole other team controls the map.

In summary:
1. Loadout class weapons vs ordinance class
2. High quality maps
3. Balanced vehicle combat
Okay fair enough but i disagree with your view on the maps

I think all the maps in halo 4 are terrible but we can agree to disagree on that
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
Halo 4’s BTB is really what I’m talking about when I say that love the play style. I actually do find the classic Halos to have somewhat better 4v4. What Halo 4 did with BTB feels so fun and balanced.

It used loadouts but they did something different from other games. Heavy weapons are still static pickups(like previous Halos). This allows players to choose their own play style without being able to spawn heavy weapons. For example: if I want to be a sniper, I’ll spawn with a DMR, AR, Frag Grenades, Camo, Firepower, Awareness. If I want to get in a vehicle(or hijack one), I spawn with BR, Plasma Pistol, Plasma Grenades, Jetpack, Wheelman, Survivor. This play style allows me to choose what I want instead of trying to search for the Plasma Pistol while being shot at. Unlike CoD, ordinance and vehicles are still fought over. It’s less that Halo 4 does a single right thing than it brings together multiple features in the right combination.

Maps are probably the single best thing in Halo 4. I love almost every BTB map. Ragnarok is one of my favorites but it’s based on Valhalla; therefore, let’s not count it as a unique pro for Halo 4. Vortex, Meltdown, Exile, and Longbow are all epic maps.

The vehicles are perfectly balanced. If you spawn with Wheelman, Survivor, or Explosives and are careful, you can wreck an entire team with a Mantis or Banshee. At the same time, Plasma Pistol and Plasma Grenade spawns allow a skilled player to stop a Mantis even if the whole other team controls the map.

In summary:
1. Loadout class weapons vs ordinance class
2. High quality maps
3. Balanced vehicle combat
Okay fair enough but i disagree with your view on the maps

I think all the maps in halo 4 are terrible but we can agree to disagree on that
I know this is off topic but I want to mention why Halo 5 disappointed me from a multiplayer angle. BTB maps are boring and Forge made. No loadouts in BTB. Advanced mobility didn’t add anything to gameplay. Vehicles dont feel right. I can’t tell if they’re too weak or too strong.

In summary:
1. Advanced mobility was a poor replacement for AAs
2. Bad maps
3. Unbalanced vehicles
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
Titanfall 2 and doom2016 are both considered unique games with great critical acclaim from both gamers and reviewers some even call them the best games of this generation yet both suffer from low populations and relatively low sales, the point I'm making player base and sales aren't a great example to highlight for a subjective debate on a games quality or lack thereof.
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
Titanfall 2 and doom2016 are both considered unique games with great critical acclaim from both gamers and reviewers some even call them the best games of this generation yet both suffer from low populations and relatively low sales, the point I'm making player base and sales aren't a great example to highlight for a subjective debate on a games quality or lack thereof.
Titanfall 1 didnt really have a huge playerbase and doom suffered from all the competition in the fps market.People left halo after reach because of how different it was from halo 2 and 3 and then even more left after how similar halo 4 was to cod.Halo was a different unique sci fi shooter that did feel different and was loved by so many.Those days are unfortunately gone.Many people moved on from halo after reach and after how halo 4 and 5 turned out,a majority of those people wont return with infinite because they've already been burned so much
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
Titanfall 2 and doom2016 are both considered unique games with great critical acclaim from both gamers and reviewers some even call them the best games of this generation yet both suffer from low populations and relatively low sales, the point I'm making player base and sales aren't a great example to highlight for a subjective debate on a games quality or lack thereof.
Titanfall 1 didnt really have a huge playerbase and doom suffered from all the competition in the fps market.People left halo after reach because of how different it was from halo 2 and 3 and then even more left after how similar halo 4 was to cod.Halo was a different unique sci fi shooter that did feel different and was loved by so many.Those days are unfortunately gone.Many people moved on from halo after reach and after how halo 4 and 5 turned out,a majority of those people wont return with infinite because they've already been burned so much
I'm certainly aware of the back stories of all the titles involved but the assumption a title is good or bad based its sales or player population just isn't a valid basis to mount a constructive argument about a games level of quality .the examples of doom2016 and TF2 perfectly illustrate this point
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5