Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Why the love for Reach but not Halo 4?

OP Geth Pathfinder

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
Titanfall 2 and doom2016 are both considered unique games with great critical acclaim from both gamers and reviewers some even call them the best games of this generation yet both suffer from low populations and relatively low sales, the point I'm making player base and sales aren't a great example to highlight for a subjective debate on a games quality or lack thereof.
Titanfall 1 didnt really have a huge playerbase and doom suffered from all the competition in the fps market.People left halo after reach because of how different it was from halo 2 and 3 and then even more left after how similar halo 4 was to cod.Halo was a different unique sci fi shooter that did feel different and was loved by so many.Those days are unfortunately gone.Many people moved on from halo after reach and after how halo 4 and 5 turned out,a majority of those people wont return with infinite because they've already been burned so much
I'm certainly aware of the back stories of all the titles involved but the assumption a title is good or bad based its sales or player population just isn't a valid basis to mount a constructive argument about a games level of quality .the examples of doom2016 and TF2 perfectly illustrate this point
Games quality is also subjective.The higher player count the more popular a game is.More people will buy the game if its enjoyable and "good"
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
Titanfall 2 and doom2016 are both considered unique games with great critical acclaim from both gamers and reviewers some even call them the best games of this generation yet both suffer from low populations and relatively low sales, the point I'm making player base and sales aren't a great example to highlight for a subjective debate on a games quality or lack thereof.
Titanfall 1 didnt really have a huge playerbase and doom suffered from all the competition in the fps market.People left halo after reach because of how different it was from halo 2 and 3 and then even more left after how similar halo 4 was to cod.Halo was a different unique sci fi shooter that did feel different and was loved by so many.Those days are unfortunately gone.Many people moved on from halo after reach and after how halo 4 and 5 turned out,a majority of those people wont return with infinite because they've already been burned so much
I'm certainly aware of the back stories of all the titles involved but the assumption a title is good or bad based its sales or player population just isn't a valid basis to mount a constructive argument about a games level of quality .the examples of doom2016 and TF2 perfectly illustrate this point
Games quality is also subjective.The higher player count the more popular a game is.More people will buy the game if its enjoyable and "good"
So under that rational doom 2016 and Titanfall2 are complete garbage then?
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
Titanfall 2 and doom2016 are both considered unique games with great critical acclaim from both gamers and reviewers some even call them the best games of this generation yet both suffer from low populations and relatively low sales, the point I'm making player base and sales aren't a great example to highlight for a subjective debate on a games quality or lack thereof.
Titanfall 1 didnt really have a huge playerbase and doom suffered from all the competition in the fps market.People left halo after reach because of how different it was from halo 2 and 3 and then even more left after how similar halo 4 was to cod.Halo was a different unique sci fi shooter that did feel different and was loved by so many.Those days are unfortunately gone.Many people moved on from halo after reach and after how halo 4 and 5 turned out,a majority of those people wont return with infinite because they've already been burned so much
I'm certainly aware of the back stories of all the titles involved but the assumption a title is good or bad based its sales or player population just isn't a valid basis to mount a constructive argument about a games level of quality .the examples of doom2016 and TF2 perfectly illustrate this point
Games quality is also subjective.The higher player count the more popular a game is.More people will buy the game if its enjoyable and "good"
So under that rational doom 2016 and Titanfall2 are complete garbage then?
Games like that fly under the radar because of competition and previous iterations didnt live up to expectations hence low sales and population
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
Titanfall 2 and doom2016 are both considered unique games with great critical acclaim from both gamers and reviewers some even call them the best games of this generation yet both suffer from low populations and relatively low sales, the point I'm making player base and sales aren't a great example to highlight for a subjective debate on a games quality or lack thereof.
Titanfall 1 didnt really have a huge playerbase and doom suffered from all the competition in the fps market.People left halo after reach because of how different it was from halo 2 and 3 and then even more left after how similar halo 4 was to cod.Halo was a different unique sci fi shooter that did feel different and was loved by so many.Those days are unfortunately gone.Many people moved on from halo after reach and after how halo 4 and 5 turned out,a majority of those people wont return with infinite because they've already been burned so much
I'm certainly aware of the back stories of all the titles involved but the assumption a title is good or bad based its sales or player population just isn't a valid basis to mount a constructive argument about a games level of quality .the examples of doom2016 and TF2 perfectly illustrate this point
Games quality is also subjective.The higher player count the more popular a game is.More people will buy the game if its enjoyable and "good"
So under that rational doom 2016 and Titanfall2 are complete garbage then?
Games like that fly under the radar because of competition and previous iterations didnt live up to expectations hence low sales and population
Oh Ok, now I see how it works , you can apply the low sales/ low mp population = bad game position but only if it benefits your position in the debate ?
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
The og halo 4 I quit playing after 3 or 4 months...... went back to 3. Loadouts and armor ability’s are not halo. I mainly try to get legendary slayer vs regular because equal spawns foster a more balanced non random game. Reach has annoying things also In them but you couldn’t spawn with all. Boltshot and dmr with promethian vision...... that crap is so dumb
That’s fine if you don’t like it but you shouldn’t expect a game to change based on what you want. Halo 4 was based on loadouts, AAs, and perks. To take it away, leaves an empty soulless game. If you want classic Halo, play classic Halo. Don’t try to change Halo 4, alienating the minority that likes that style. I’m not trying to add loadouts to Halo 3. I alway found the MCC version of Halo 4 to be a watered down version of the game.
Yes we'r going in circles. But your point that Halo 4 is unique is just wrong. Halo is unique, compared to mainstream shooters like Battlefield, Call of Duty or Star Wars Battlefront. Halo 4 is just trying to get a more mainstream audience from that games
And the assumption that Halo 4 is a CoD rip-off is wrong. I can’t find anything that plays like Halo 4. I actually tried CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc. None of those games compare to Halo 4. Yes it has loadouts, perks, and kill streaks. That’s about it. Halo 4 doesn’t allow heavy weapons in loadouts, has shields, motion trackers, vehicles, and EMP weapons. The combination of Halo and other modern FPS game elements, creates a very unique game. If it was just like CoD, don’t you think I would be playing CoD? There’s a reason I’m not. I like vehicles and the higher time to kill in the Halo series. Along with having superficial elements like Halo weapons, armor, and awesome sound effects.
this is absolutely incorrect.
i cant really say how I truly feel without risking a ban so i'll mind my tongue.
Population Wise
Numbers never lied H2 was an absolute behemoth of a game. So was Halo 3.

Halo 3 competed with the likes of MW1, MW2, and Black ops 1(Some of the biggest juggernauts in the gaming world) and was still number one for a majority of its life span when it was still alive. The only thing that really hurt Halo 3's population was Halo reach because a lot of people migrated to that game initially. When people realized Reach wasn't what they had hoped the population began to disperse into other games. Like CoD and battlefield.

What people didn't realize was the only thing that could really kill Halo was, Halo.

343 borrowed so much from Call of Duty that Halo lost its identity and the population showed their changes were NOT well received.
You are the minority of people who like the changes they made and who enjoyed the newer halos its a simple fact look just look at this
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6lgpth/halo_3s_player_count_in_2008_0_crazy_this_pic_is/now look at halo 4's
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/halo-4-one-year-later-what-happened.709697/notice the population from Day one? only at around 400k where as halo 3's is
https://i.redd.it/yrs1zue86noz.jpg(assuming this was day one)

Now obviously there are other factors involved for those numbers but the fact of the matter is this, classic halo had its rivals back in the day and absolutely crushed it in terms of keeping player attention where as current halo borrowed from its rivals and isolated its fan base creating a diminished population.

Halo 4 is already a watered down shooter of what the franchise was.

I can safely say if Halo 6 gameplay is revealed and it continues to follow in halo 4 and 5's footsteps it will be the first halo I refuse to buy and that will be the time I retire from gaming.
All I ever played was halo, no other game holds my attention so for players like me who have hoped this franchise returned to its former glory, and believe me there are many players like me we should get what we want too.

Something I realized that makes me laugh is that Fortnite is this generations Halo 3
Not really relevant to anything just something I thought was funny.
But you’ve done nothing to prove I’m “incorrect”. I never brought up numbers or population. All I said was that Halo 4 is unique. That doesn’t have anything to do with popularity or if people like it. I feel like a lot of people are missing the point.
My point was it isn't unique it's like every other shooter on the market hence why it couldnt hold a player base nothing separated it from its rivals.
Titanfall 2 and doom2016 are both considered unique games with great critical acclaim from both gamers and reviewers some even call them the best games of this generation yet both suffer from low populations and relatively low sales, the point I'm making player base and sales aren't a great example to highlight for a subjective debate on a games quality or lack thereof.
Titanfall 1 didnt really have a huge playerbase and doom suffered from all the competition in the fps market.People left halo after reach because of how different it was from halo 2 and 3 and then even more left after how similar halo 4 was to cod.Halo was a different unique sci fi shooter that did feel different and was loved by so many.Those days are unfortunately gone.Many people moved on from halo after reach and after how halo 4 and 5 turned out,a majority of those people wont return with infinite because they've already been burned so much
I'm certainly aware of the back stories of all the titles involved but the assumption a title is good or bad based its sales or player population just isn't a valid basis to mount a constructive argument about a games level of quality .the examples of doom2016 and TF2 perfectly illustrate this point
Games quality is also subjective.The higher player count the more popular a game is.More people will buy the game if its enjoyable and "good"
So under that rational doom 2016 and Titanfall2 are complete garbage then?
Games like that fly under the radar because of competition and previous iterations didnt live up to expectations hence low sales and population
Oh Ok, now I see how it works , you can apply the low sales/ low mp population = bad game position but only if it benefits your position in the debate ?
You took my words way to literally
I don’t get why so many people hate Halo 4 but believe Reach is “the last good Halo game” Halo 4 is based on Reach. Everything about Reach was expanded in 4 apart from armor customization. I know that there’s people who will claim that Reach was the start of Halo going downhill and this question isn’t for them. I’m asking the fans of Reach why they don’t like 4? Personally, I love Halo Reach and Halo 4.

Depends on who you talked to. Despite some people claiming it's the last good Halo game.......when Reach came out it a got a lot of hate, a lot of people said 'Halo 3 was the last good Halo' but generally more commonly people dislike 4,5 the most.

Anyway I think Reach is a mixed thing........since at times it's not great and at times fairly decent. It's like I didn't like the campaign because the story was weak and didn't care much for Reach's firefight since it wasn't as challenging as Halo 3: Odst while Reach still has the best 'Forge' in the series while the multiplayer was sort of ok, was generally fun as a side game.

It reminds me of how poorly Halo 5 sold, yet some claim it's the "best in the series", yet I've heard plenty of people saying "it's the worst in the series"...the problem is a lot of people assume a majority of the fan-base have mostly the same opinions but generally there is a lot of conflicting views......though I have heard a minority of people disliking Halo 3, some felt Halo 2 was rushed but personally enjoyed Halo 2,3.
ronnie42 wrote:
I don’t get why so many people hate Halo 4 but believe Reach is “the last good Halo game” Halo 4 is based on Reach. Everything about Reach was expanded in 4 apart from armor customization. I know that there’s people who will claim that Reach was the start of Halo going downhill and this question isn’t for them. I’m asking the fans of Reach why they don’t like 4? Personally, I love Halo Reach and Halo 4.

Depends on who you talked to. Despite some people claiming it's the last good Halo game.......when Reach came out it a got a lot of hate, a lot of people said 'Halo 3 was the last good Halo' but generally more commonly people dislike 4,5 the most.

Anyway I think Reach is a mixed thing........since at times it's not great and at times fairly decent. It's like I didn't like the campaign because the story was weak and didn't care much for Reach's firefight since it wasn't as challenging as Halo 3: Odst while Reach still has the best 'Forge' in the series while the multiplayer was sort of ok, was generally fun as a side game.

It reminds me of how poorly Halo 5 sold, yet some claim it's the "best in the series", yet I've heard plenty of people saying "it's the worst in the series"...the problem is a lot of people assume a majority of the fan-base have mostly the same opinions but generally there is a lot of conflicting views......though I have heard a minority of people disliking Halo 3, some felt Halo 2 was rushed but personally enjoyed Halo 2,3.
As someone who didn’t have Xbox Live until a few years ago, I really enjoyed Reach. The campaign was good, armor customization remains the best in the series, and Forge was awesome. I used custom games a lot, combined with my own maps. I’ve never been a fan of Firefight but I preferred Reach’s because you can customize just like multiplayer. Halo Reach always has a good “feel” to me.

Even though I’ve played every Halo from CE, I got Halo 2 and 3 around the same time. I actually never really played a lot of Halo 2 multiplayer, not even customs. I sure did play the campaign over and over. Halo 3 and Reach are probably the apex of what I think of as Halo based on nostalgia. I loved Halo 4’s story but it lacked Forge World from Reach and the highly detailed armor customization. I still viewed 4 as a good game but it felt like it was tacked on to a series past it’s prime. When I did play online, I started with Reach and 4. My opinion about each game shifted. Even though I loved Halo 3’s campaign and customs, I found the multiplayer to be bad. Halo 4, hated by everyone, turned in to my personal favorite. Halo Reach varies.
The topic escalated pretty fast. I try to finish the fight.

No one judges you if you like Halo 4 and it certainly has its fanbase. But compared to other Halo titles, player numbers, lifespan, and the general voice of the community have shown that the direction of Halo 4 and Halo 5 is not the direction the community wants to go.

That Halo 4 is still experiencing gameplay changes in the MCC is unlikely and would not make the fanbase happy. I'm glad that we now put together our playlists ourselves in the MCC. If you want to play Halo 4, you are welcome to do so, if you do not want to play it, you do not have to play it.
I find Halo 4 to play similarly to Halo 2. The BR is slightly slower in Halo 4. I also find the Halo 4 DMR to be better than Reach’s. Sprint isn’t really a deal breaker either way for me. Personally, I kinda hope that Halo Infinite ditches sprint in favor of higher BMS.
Halo never needed perks especially one that is a carbon copy of a call of duty perk just named differently. Resupply was something every player had from halo 1 through reach and never needed to be taken out and made into a perk.The weapons are not completely balanced either,the boltshot has ridiculous range,and the dmr is superior to the br in every way in halo 4
The weapons are more balanced than many other Halos. Of course, the DMR is superior at long range. The BR is for slightly closer engagements, the Carbine is for closer range than the BR, and the AR is for close-medium range. Every weapon has a place. The Boltshot isn’t any longer ranged than the Shotgun and requires to be charged up. This timing requires skill and allows payers to have a chance against a shotgun/sword. The only useless weapons in Halo 4 are the Suppressors and Storm Rifles. Look at Halo 3 though. Magnums, SMGs, Plasma Rifles, and Spikers are weak weapons that don’t stand a chance against a competent BR player. Halo 4 has the most variety due to the fact that not everyone is using the same weapons/strategy. I didn’t even run in to Boltshots a whole lot until playing Halo 4 on the MCC. Maybe it’s because I usually stick to BTB.

As an example of how I have a variety of play styles and weapons, I’ll name a few of my layouts.
Loudout 1: BR, Plasma Pistol, Jetpacks, Plasma Grenades, Dexterity, Wheelman
Loadout 2: DMR, AR, Camo, Frag Grenades, Firepower, Awareness
Loadout 3: Carbine, Boltshot, Hologram, Plasma Grenades, Stealth, Mobility.
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Reach was the first halo game for a lot of people. Halo was still in it's prime when it released. When halo 4 launched it only had 400k players in multitplayer, which is very low compared to past titles that started at millions. In a week it was down to 200k, a month 100k. The game was fundamentally different from other halo game with no static weapon timers and ordnance drops. The was no red X's when a teammate dies and kill times were the slowest in the series. Loadouts didn't really add much to the game, they allowed newer players to cripple themselves off spawn by choosing poorly. At launch you were stupid if you weren't running DMR/boltshot (objectively the best loadout, no debate). The game did get much better after the updates, the 4 shot BR along with the faster kill times, the boltshot nerf, static weapon spawns etc. all went a long way to making the game better. But by then the population was maybe 50k. I bet most halo fans never gave halo 4 a chance after that bad first impression.

Halo reach launched OK, it wasn't so clear at first how bad bloom was. The problems reach had were less obvious. Having every single forge map be a grey blob (with occasional green grass) didn't get old until a few months.

All that said I prefer halo 4 over vanilla Reach, I think bloom is the worst mechanic to ever exist in halo.
further straying from halo's successful gameplay formula and changes in artsyle that made halo not look like halo. Halo 4 neither looked nor played like halo, while reach although wasn't a classic style halo game gameplay wise, it still didn't stray as far as halo 4 did and most of all it still looked like halo
Game mechanics aside... Reach was a game based off of books. Halo 4 was this new shiny game that people wanted to be like halo 2-3, in many was it wasn't.
For me Forge and Customs took a nose dive in H4 due to the removal of precision editing tool and zoom, holes in pieces, lack of large Forge World - like map (which came later as Forge Island, but was meh..), lack of game types, static sprint (no options to turn off), no options in CTF to restore classic settings, and so much more.

To be fair, they did add a lot of cool and useful features/tools and stuff to H4 Forge (like magnets and locking pieces), but it still didn't make up for the other stuff imo.

That was my reason for loving Reach way more.
Both reach and h4 sucks. Sprint, bloom, abilities and so on just isnt halo.
Halo is a 4v4 shooter with every one starting the game with the same possibility to win, on equal terms. No micro transactions to get better ”things”, no armor abilities etc ... just weapons on the map.
thats why both games sucked and died fast.
Just didn't really get the same feeling for H4 as I did for Halo Reach that's it really
Snofl wrote:
Both reach and h4 sucks. Sprint, bloom, abilities and so on just isnt halo.
Halo is a 4v4 shooter with every one starting the game with the same possibility to win, on equal terms. No micro transactions to get better ”things”, no armor abilities etc ... just weapons on the map.
thats why both games sucked and died fast.
Not Reach. Thousands are still on daily. It seems that Reach is one of the best aged Halos. Maybe it wasn’t as popular as Halo 3 but it’s population certainly has lasted longer. Compare Reach’s population now with 3’s in 2016.

As for 4v4, what about BTB? Halo 4’s BTB is what makes it my top Halo.
Snofl wrote:
Both reach and h4 sucks. Sprint, bloom, abilities and so on just isnt halo.
Halo is a 4v4 shooter with every one starting the game with the same possibility to win, on equal terms. No micro transactions to get better ”things”, no armor abilities etc ... just weapons on the map.
thats why both games sucked and died fast.
Not Reach. Thousands are still on daily. It seems that Reach is one of the best aged Halos. Maybe it wasn’t as popular as Halo 3 but it’s population certainly has lasted longer. Compare Reach’s population now with 3’s in 2016.

As for 4v4, what about BTB? Halo 4’s BTB is what makes it my top Halo.
You're forgetting that In 2016 halo 3 would have been at least 9 years old lol
that game has probably aged the best in terms of population especially with what it was competing with
you cant talk especially if you never played xbox live till halo 4
Snofl wrote:
Both reach and h4 sucks. Sprint, bloom, abilities and so on just isnt halo.
Halo is a 4v4 shooter with every one starting the game with the same possibility to win, on equal terms. No micro transactions to get better ”things”, no armor abilities etc ... just weapons on the map.
thats why both games sucked and died fast.
Not Reach. Thousands are still on daily. It seems that Reach is one of the best aged Halos. Maybe it wasn’t as popular as Halo 3 but it’s population certainly has lasted longer. Compare Reach’s population now with 3’s in 2016.

As for 4v4, what about BTB? Halo 4’s BTB is what makes it my top Halo.
I love btb. But to compare it to other forms of competitive gaming I took the original halo format into my text.
Snofl wrote:
Both reach and h4 sucks. Sprint, bloom, abilities and so on just isnt halo.
Halo is a 4v4 shooter with every one starting the game with the same possibility to win, on equal terms. No micro transactions to get better ”things”, no armor abilities etc ... just weapons on the map.
thats why both games sucked and died fast.
Not Reach. Thousands are still on daily. It seems that Reach is one of the best aged Halos. Maybe it wasn’t as popular as Halo 3 but it’s population certainly has lasted longer. Compare Reach’s population now with 3’s in 2016.

As for 4v4, what about BTB? Halo 4’s BTB is what makes it my top Halo.
You're forgetting that In 2016 halo 3 would have been at least 9 years old lol
that game has probably aged the best in terms of population especially with what it was competing with
you cant talk especially if you never played xbox live till halo 4
I specifically said 2016 because Halo 3 would be 9 years old and now(2019) Reach is 9 years old. Also, I started playing online in 2016. I remember trying to find matches in Halo 3.
Snofl wrote:
Both reach and h4 sucks. Sprint, bloom, abilities and so on just isnt halo.
Halo is a 4v4 shooter with every one starting the game with the same possibility to win, on equal terms. No micro transactions to get better ”things”, no armor abilities etc ... just weapons on the map.
thats why both games sucked and died fast.
Not Reach. Thousands are still on daily. It seems that Reach is one of the best aged Halos. Maybe it wasn’t as popular as Halo 3 but it’s population certainly has lasted longer. Compare Reach’s population now with 3’s in 2016.

As for 4v4, what about BTB? Halo 4’s BTB is what makes it my top Halo.
Exactly! It's been years Since Reach first came out and it's still strong to this day! H3 was so good too the only game thats your talking about in this forum which (sucks) is H4 and to be honest that funny enough is still a great game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7