Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Will console MCC add a FOV slider as well?

OP Im A Frank

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As someone who will be both a console and PC MCC player, I’m curious to know if they will implement a FOV slider on the console? We all know that the PC version will have sliders for all titles up to their own limits so if this feature is possible for PC, I would hope that a feature like this can be added to console as well. Currently on console, it is fine and suitable but a feature to change the FOV on the console too would be a excellent addition and tie both the PC version and Xbox version a little closer to one another.

(If this isn’t the correct place to make a post like this, forgive me. It is my first time posting on the Halo Waypoint blogs. But I wanted to bring the idea of FOV sliders on consoles to the table)
Bro do u even realize how consoles have the cheapest hardware therefore they cant run games like a pc no console game has a fov slider
Im A Frank wrote:
As someone who will be both a console and PC MCC player, I’m curious to know if they will implement a FOV slider on the console? We all know that the PC version will have sliders for all titles up to their own limits so if this feature is possible for PC, I would hope that a feature like this can be added to console as well. Currently on console, it is fine and suitable but a feature to change the FOV on the console too would be a excellent addition and tie both the PC version and Xbox version a little closer to one another.

(If this isn’t the correct place to make a post like this, forgive me. It is my first time posting on the Halo Waypoint blogs. But I wanted to bring the idea of FOV sliders on consoles to the table)
I would like to know this aswell. There is ton of games on consoles right now that support fov sliders. bf5, titanfall 2, SoT etc. Halo - an xbox studio game should support it on console not just on pc.
I guess we'll just have to wait to find out. Really hope it does though
Im A Frank wrote:

Two problems
1: Few games have it on Xbox.
2: FOV does affect performance (Some games don't, because it renders whatever those on Max FOV see.) but in most it would, so devs couldn't guarantee the Framerate the game is designed for (Like 60 fps or even 30.)
defymyfoes wrote:
Bro do u even realize how consoles have the cheapest hardware therefore they cant run games like a pc no console game has a fov slider
Umm, I'll just say your wrong. Some games on console do indeed have a fov setting...
Much as I'd like to see custom FOV in Halo (and more console games in general) I can't say I expect it.
I agree with Arkam, since it isn't already in the game I wouldn't hold my breath, however, it could be possible
defymyfoes wrote:
Bull, an utter lie.

DOOM 2016 has an FOV slider in every console release.
defymyfoes wrote:
Bull, an utter lie.

It does, even on the X-Box One version? I've never noticed that feature. I'll have to check that out, since it will hopefully make fighting Pinky demons easier since having a wider FOV would make it easier for me to see them when they try to flank me.
defymyfoes wrote:
Bull, an utter lie.

It does, even on the X-Box One version? I've never noticed that feature. I'll have to check that out, since it will hopefully make fighting Pinky demons easier since having a wider FOV would make it easier for me to see them when they try to flank me.
It has an FOV slider. Mine is set to 110°.
defymyfoes wrote:
Bull, an utter lie.

Titan fall 2 on xbone is another title that immediately comes to mind for fov slider, 2 recent AAA titles proves it can easily be achieved while still maintaing good framerates and graphical standards
defymyfoes wrote:
Bull, an utter lie.

Titan fall 2 on xbone is another title that immediately comes to mind for fov slider, 2 recent AAA titles proves it can easily be achieved while still maintaing good framerates and graphical standards
Even none AAA that is horribly optimized has a fov slider, like subnautica for example. I'll add it has improved a lot, I just had early access experience and it ran ao badly back then.

People just don't realize their is games out there on console that have a fov slider and it still runs fine with it cranked up.
People say they want a FOV slider, but what they really want is just a wider FOV. If they added a FOV slider but only allowed you to reduce from the current FOV no one would be happy.
Agreed I'd like wider Fov seems like a standard now for most games.
defymyfoes wrote:
Bull, an utter lie.

Even none AAA that is horribly optimized has a fov slider, like subnautica for example. I'll add it has improved a lot, I just had early access experience and it ran ao badly back then.

People just don't realize their is games out there on console that have a fov slider and it still runs fine with it cranked up.
Subnautica is an Indie title made by a small team of devs, not a AAA company like 343/M$, so the quality control is a bit different than what you're thinking...
Uhhh if you weren't aware, an FOV slider on a console would be quite moronic. With very large limitations on hardware, both when it comes to the rendering of the games and you controller, it would complicate aiming heavily and tax the console more. Not only is the FOV slider on pc intended for increased accuracy due to sensitivity preferences of PC gamers, but it also defeats some of the aesthetic appeal. Unless you're some kind of freak and enjoy looking at a stretched out world. Console gaming doesn't have the need for professional aiming for obvious reasons and is for casual play so should look to remain aesthetically pleasing.
defymyfoes wrote:
Idk man, I expirences plenty of modding back in the 360 with cod 4, waw, mw2, bo1, and bo2, where crazy high five where possible and the game ran really smooth
I fully doubt there's gonna be an FOV slider, games on Xbox are made with keeping the consoles power in mind.
defymyfoes wrote:
Doom and battlefield has fov sliders on console, pretty sure more games too
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2