Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Will content cut from 360 Reach be included in MCC

OP ZAHIRITEiKA

For example there was a way where you could essentially assassinate Hunters. it pretty much worked like boarding a Wraith and you would put a grenade on their back. For one that would look super awesome into it would make it so that defeating Hunters on solo legendary doesn't take thirty-nine thousand years. But I mean I'm also not the best Halo player so I probably just suck but yeah. And again it would look really cool. You could also assassinate those big creatures in the night mission.

Both of these things are still in the game's code and people have made them usable via modding. But I think they should be in the official release this time around.
For example there was a way where you could essentially assassinate Hunters. it pretty much worked like boarding a Wraith and you would put a grenade on their back. For one that would look super awesome into it would make it so that defeating Hunters on solo legendary doesn't take thirty-nine thousand years. But I mean I'm also not the best Halo player so I probably just suck but yeah. And again it would look really cool. You could also assassinate those big creatures in the night mission.

Both of these things are still in the game's code and people have made them usable via modding. But I think they should be in the official release this time around.
I don't think that they add that kind of things, they are just going to remaster the game not remake it.
If they don't do this kind of thing it'll definitely be made available via modding. I would like them to officially add that cut armour though.

It is very unlikely, the ability to board hunters was something they likely cut very early in development. I mean heck they were still using the Halo 3 engine at the time so I am doubtful they could add that ability in
The focus right now is getting Reach added, MCC to PC then Customs Browser and potenially modding support. I can't see them going back to add cut content, but as mentioned that's where modding support could help fill in some gaps.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Considering the other games didn't see their respective cut content added i would say no. Now maybe the cut armor that everyone has been talking about will be added but I wouldn't put money on it.

Modding support could add these features in an unofficial capacity though.

I don't think that they add that kind of things, they are just going to remaster the game not remake it.
It's actually just a port with some performance improvements, so it's really no different than a console game coming to PC.

It is very unlikely, the ability to board hunters was something they likely cut very early in development. I mean heck they were still using the Halo 3 engine at the time so I am doubtful they could add that ability in
Checkout reach evolved on YouTube ,the hunter assassination animations are most certainly a thing modders seemed to have unlocked the code .
Ah did not know that, but how finished are the assassinations? I mean, if they are glitched and bugged or unfinished, then I am doubtful 343 is going to finish them just to add them to the game.

Ah did not know that, but how finished are the assassinations? I mean, if they are glitched and bugged or unfinished, then I am doubtful 343 is going to finish them just to add them to the game.
Go and check it out for yourself . It's a complete animation I think you'll find it rather cool. I know I did

Go and check it out for yourself . It's a complete animation I think you'll find it rather cool. I know I did
I did and while it is rather cool, its a mod, how do we know he did not fix any glitches or issues the cut assassination had? We just don't know when it was cut, even if its data was kept, if it was cut all the way back when Bungie was building Halo 4 before it was scraped or back when Reach was being tested in the Halo 3 engine, I doubt that that code cared over into the new engine without major issues and bugs. No matter what, I don't believe this is a case of 343 just flipping a switch and now we can board hunters.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

Checkout reach evolved on YouTube ,the hunter assassination animations are most certainly a thing modders seemed to have unlocked the code .
I did and while it is rather cool, its a mod, how do we know he did not fix any glitches or issues the cut assassination had? We just don't know when it was cut, even if its data was kept, if it was cut all the way back when Bungie was building Halo 4 before it was scraped or back when Reach was being tested in the Halo 3 engine, I doubt that that code cared over into the new engine without major issues and bugs. No matter what, I don't believe this is a case of 343 just flipping a switch and now we can board hunters.
I did, it was made by the Vengeful 'Vadam. And I wasn't really asking you a question as I was simply stating that just because he modded the assassination into his mod does not mean the code is finished enough for 343 to simply add or enable. And I just don't see them putting extra work to clean up the code and get it working without breaking Reach in the process with all the work they have to do, porting the entire MCC over to pc.

I did, it was made by the Vengeful 'Vadam. And I wasn't really asking you a question as I was simply stating that just because he modded the assassination into his mod does not mean the code is finished enough for 343 to simply add or enable. And I just don't see them putting extra work to clean up the code and get it working without breaking Reach in the process with all the work they have to do, porting the entire MCC over to pc.
OK fair enough , but when I'm quoted and see comments with question marks, I take that as a direct question to me asking something.

They didn't add in any cut content from 2 or 3, so unless you mean that one multiplayer helmet that was cut from the CEA dlc, I highly doubt they'd change the game from how it used to be.
I think mods are where you're most likely to find that stuff. But who knows?