Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Will the MCC be done after Infinite’s Arrival.

OP Vlaiquela

Will Halo MCC stop getting big updates after Halo Infinite’s release? The game has been really active lately and it has been great. I don’t play the new games because probably nostalgia. So I’m somewhat concerned that the MCC might just be shoved out the window after the hype for Infinite starts. Will the MCC continue along side Infinite?
They shouldn't stop. But if they do they need to first fix the remaining bugs, add ODST FireFight and add Reach. And obviously a PC port...and Nintendo Switch port?
Vlaiquela wrote:
Will Halo MCC stop getting big updates after Halo Infinite’s release? The game has been really active lately and it has been great. I don’t play the new games because probably nostalgia. So I’m somewhat concerned that the MCC might just be shoved out the window after the hype for Infinite starts. Will the MCC continue along side Infinite?
Considering Infinite wont release til 2020 most likely I think another year and a half of mcc will be enough
They made a long-term plan to fix and polish MCC into a state it should have been at launch with a few additional goodies like modern aiming. I’m assuming that plan has an end date which I would assume would be well before Infinite’s launch. Then they’ll have a sustain team which will make sure everything works and regularly updates the playlists like they do with Halo 5. As for the playerbase, I don’t think that will die out anytime soon considering the population is strong enough still to find matches relatively quickly. Plus, it’s the best place to get your classic Halo fix.
There is no reason to believe that MCC will continue to be updated or worked on once Infinite is released.
There is no reason to believe that MCC will continue to be updated or worked on once Infinite is released.
They worked on it well after 5 was released and if the game still isn't fixed by Infinite, then I would... at least hope they would still be working on it.
Jestzer wrote:
They worked on it well after 5 was released and if the game still isn't fixed by Infinite, then I would... at least hope they would still be working on it.
According to 343 this game is fixed and in perfect working condition. From their point of view, updating the game after 4 years of silence was them doing the community a favor.
Jestzer wrote:
According to 343 this game is fixed and in perfect working condition. From their point of view, updating the game after 4 years of silence was them doing the community a favor.
Then why are we still getting updates? I agree that it wasn't fair that we were in 4 years of silence, but, from my understanding, that's because Microsoft only gave them the resources/priority to fix the game so that another game could be added to GamePass and 4K collection.
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
Then why are we still getting updates? I agree that it wasn't fair that we were in 4 years of silence, but, from my understanding, that's because Microsoft only gave them the resources/priority to fix the game so that another game could be added to GamePass and 4K collection.
The real reason? Well how could a publisher expect to sell a new product when the previous most played one was still broken? It was a decision directly related to the bottom line and nothing else. If classic Halo players had remained quite and stopped voicing daily complaints about MCC for those 3-4 years, then this game would have never been touched by 343.
Jestzer wrote:
Jestzer wrote:
The real reason? Well how could a publisher expect to sell a new product when the previous most played one was still broken?
Because it happens all the time. In fact, it already happened: "Halo 5: Guardians is the fastest-selling Halo game to-date according to Microsoft. The game's launch also marks the biggest so far on the Xbox One, with over $400 million in global games and hardware sales, bringing total franchise sales to over $5 billion."
Quote:
If classic Halo players had remained quite and stopped voicing daily complaints about MCC for those 3-4 years, then this game would have never been touched by 343.
You're right, but complaints from a niche group of players (yes, that is what we are) aren't what make budgets. Large audiences do and GamePass's & Xbox One X owners are larger in number than MCC's dedicated critics.