Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Will they ever fix Classic Halo?

OP Finalzero

Hello,

I'm currently replaying Halo 1 for the MCC but I`m not a big fan of the new visuals also the new models don't match with the old geometry so I decided to stick with the old graphics. Now while I still having fun replaying CE which is the best Halo game in my opinion, I'm really disappointed about the quality of this port. This might be the WORST option for replaying Classic Halo, even the PC version is better. Now here are the issues I have with this port:

-Many shader effects are missing from the OG Xbox version
-Sometimes the music doesn't loop and just stops completely
-There are weird graphic glitches happening from time to time
-Cutscenes are buggy / messy, especially the cutscene in 343 Guilty Sparks where you watch the video from Jenkins when they are about to encounter the Flood. First my eyes were bleeding when I was watching that scene they messed up with the bloom filter somehow. Secondly the marines are popping out and in during the cutscene at the edge of the screen. Probably because the game was originally in 4:3 but yet I never had any problems with it on the PC version...

So overall I have the feeling the Classic Look was just thrown in there for nostalgic reasons but they didn't really test it out and now it's even worse than on PC. So is there any hope this will get fixed one day? And if not it is possible to make the original Halo game backwards compatible? I really want to experience the old Halo version again but I'm not willing to just buy an old Xbox for that. It is sad that the best version of this game is getting forgotten by more and more people when time moves on and we have to live with a -Yoink- version for the rest of our days....
One can only hope, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. MCC veterans have been waiting for a proper, finished MCC version of CE for about 5 years now.
One can only hope, but I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you. MCC veterans have been waiting for a proper, finished MCC version of CE for about 5 years now.
I honestly believed that the xbox backcmbat program would allow us to enjoy our og ce and h2 disks,on xbox one but they discontinued the program last year.
I honestly believed that the xbox backcmbat program would allow us to enjoy our og ce and h2 disks,on xbox one but they discontinued the program last year.
Maybe after the launch of Series X they might add more backwards compatible titles from 360/OG. My last hope for CE being patched up is with the launch of MCC CE on PC.
The version on CE in the MCC is the PC version. There are many comparisons if you search for them showing the differences between OG Xbox CE and PC/MCC CE. 343i is aware of all the request for a perfect port. We can only hope we see some improvements with the upcoming release to MCC PC.

Xbox/MS did not discontinue the BC program. They are just not releasing anymore games as they are head down & elbows deep working to get all previous OG & 360's games BC for the release of X/S series. This was announced many months ago when the program went dark. Gonna be Huge!