Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Will You Buy Halo 5 with this lvl of Transparency?

OP WavePunk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8

Buying Halo 5 with this level of Transparency?

Make Your Selection:

Has 343 been transparent enough about the issues within MCC for you to trust them again? Are you comfortable enough to buy Halo 5 without fear of getting yoinked? Or does 343 need to be more honest about what happened with MCC in the first place for you to purchase another one of their products? Sound off, discuss.

NOTE: posted in MCC because it has more to do with MCC than H5

MOAR NOTE: Remember, either way, No Pre-Orders.
Since TMCC has been such a disaster, I have no interest in supporting 343 or H5 AT LAUNCH. So sick and tired of games launching this gen so unfinished and needing so many patches.

Still don't have all ranked playlists especially BTB. Still don't have fully working dedicated servers. The game has improved since launch but its insane to think its taken 6 months to get 3 working ranked playlists. We will be lucky to have 16 player ranked BTB a year after release.
Since TMCC has been such a disaster, I have no interest in supporting 343 or H5. So sick and tired of games launching this gen so unfinished and needing so many patches.

Still don't have all ranked playlists especially BTB. Still don't have fully working dedicated servers. The game has improved since launch but its insane to think its taken 6 months to get 3 working ranked playlists. We will be lucky to have 16 player ranked BTB a year after release.
My thoughts exactly. I've been at the midnight release for every Halo. Bought all the collectors editions. Not this time. -Yoink- 343i. I will not be buying Halo 5.
I'm not going to buy it on launch, never. I'm going to wait a week to see if it's a fail or not and to see what it contains so that I'm sure of what I'm wasting my money on.

Inb4 "I LOVED THE BETA, THE BETA IS AMAZING AND THAT MEANS THAT THE GAME WILL TOO, SHUT UP YOU 343I/HALO 5 HATER, YOU'RE NO TRUE FAN AND CAN'T TELL BE WHAT TO WASTE MY MONEY ON!!!"
Since TMCC has been such a disaster, I have no interest in supporting 343 or H5. So sick and tired of games launching this gen so unfinished and needing so many patches.

You think that someone with the attitude of not supporting 343i and Halo 5, they would just give up and avoid Halo Waypoint altogether for fear of exposure to either. Yet you're still here. That's very strange and curious. I guess you're such a Halo fan that you love everything up until 343i?

Anyways, I'm going to get Halo 5 despite what a biased poll on a negative part of Halo Waypoint says.
I'm not going to buy it on launch, never. I'm going to wait a week to see if it's a fail or not and to see what it contains so that I'm sure of what I'm wasting my money on.

Inb4 "I LOVED THE BETA, THE BETA IS AMAZING AND THAT MEANS THAT THE GAME WILL TOO, SHUT UP YOU 343I/HALO 5 HATER, YOU'RE NO TRUE FAN AND CAN'T TELL BE WHAT TO WASTE MY MONEY ON!!!"
I really did love the beta, but I loved the MCC trailers and prerelease footage and tournaments too. #NoPreorders
I'm excited about Halo 5. TMCC has had a bad start, but it's a lot of games to work with all at once. Two of which didn't even run on the Xbox360 XBL servers, one that didn't even have online capabilities. I will buy Halo 5 with confidence, I too have been to every release and bought collector editions of the games except for Halo CE which came with my original Xbox. Most of us played the beta I didn't get much time in, but I liked it.
It amazes me, as if I'm a scientist watching animals interact in the wild, how people use Hashtags on this forum as if it actually does something. Every time I see it posted here, I'm surprised and look in awe because I can't believe they're doing it.

It's great, like a window into a damaged mind.
DSight wrote:
It amazes me, as if I'm a scientist watching animals interact in the wild, how people use Hashtags on this forum as if it actually does something. Every time I see it posted here, I'm surprised and look in awe because I can't believe they're doing it.

#343iFanboi

#ilikehashtags
DSight wrote:

Do you have a bag of popcorn while you watch?
On release, NO.

Maybe after a month or 2 when some of my friends can confirm whether or not the title is worth it. Can't trust review sites cause they all gave MCC great scores even though it still has issues after 6 months. And can't really listen to these forums either cause some have been pleased with MCC for months even though some of them admit there are issues.

Can't tell if that's just blind loyalty to 343, or employee of 343, or whatever. Plenty of other games will be coming out around the same time, no need to waste my time testing 343's product again.
Rhydon65 wrote:
DSight wrote:

Chicago Flavoured.
DSight wrote:

#343iFanboi

#ilikehashtags
Oh you got me! how clever!
DSight wrote:
Rhydon65 wrote:
DSight wrote:

Chicago Flavoured.
Mmmm, I like mine drizzled with caramel.
Repete1779 wrote:
On release, NO.

Maybe after a month or 2 when some of my friends can confirm whether or not the title is worth it. Can't trust review sites cause they all gave MCC great scores even though it still has issues after 6 months. And can't really listen to these forums either cause some have been pleased with MCC for months even though some of them admit there are issues.

Can't tell if that's just blind loyalty to 343, or employee of 343, or whatever. Plenty of other games will be coming out around the same time, no need to waste my time testing 343's product again.
I should have clarified in my above post that I wont be buying this AT LAUNCH. I will do like you and keep an eye on the community feedback and forums to see how well the game is working. If BTB is at least 16 players with ranked and actually "working" then I might consider getting it. But it sure will not be at launch.

I loved Halo 4 and developed a lot of respect for 343 with that game. But clearly MS and 343 are having major issues with the X1. Dedicated servers were supposed to be with every X1 game and that's clearly a massive struggle. The H5 beta had many similar problems as TMCC. On top of that we still never received a BTB beta for H5. So at this point no one knows if that is even going to work properly in H5. BTB is still only 14 players in TMCC and is still not ranked......6 months later.
Guys stop feeding the troll.
Repete1779 wrote:
On release, NO.

I fully understand the need to personal opinions. I always question the effectiveness of putting a poll like this on a forum like this; the people who visit these forums are by and large the people who are upset while the people who are happy are just playing the game. And yeah, game websites can easily give false positives (I remember some IGN reviews of Halo 4 that got my hopes way too high.)

I will probably wait a week, we'll see. Honestly if there was more transparency about MCC, my mind could be changed...
On top of that we still never received a BTB beta for H5. So at this point no one knows if that is even going to work properly in H5.
Dude, I really think they should have another beta.
Repete1779 wrote:
On release, NO.

I should have clarified in my above post that I wont be buying this AT LAUNCH. I will do like you and keep an eye on the community feedback and forums to see how well the game is working. If BTB is at least 16 players with ranked and actually "working" then I might consider getting it. But it sure will not be at launch.

I loved Halo 4 and developed a lot of respect for 343 with that game. But clearly MS and 343 are having major issues with the X1. Dedicated servers were supposed to be with every X1 game and that's clearly a massive struggle. The H5 beta had many similar problems as TMCC. On top of that we still never received a BTB beta for H5. So at this point no one knows if that is even going to work properly in H5. BTB is still only 14 players in TMCC and is still not ranked......6 months later.
There is a bit of misinformation in this post. Dedicated servers were available for most xbox one games if the developers choose to use them. They work more than perfect when it comes to Titanfall. They also worked well with the Halo 5: Guardians Beta. Its not surprising that they're having issues with a game developed by 4 different companies with multiple engines on multiple PC architectures using two different networking architectures from two different consoles.
I'll get it eventually, but not on release day. Maybe a couple of months after to see the result.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8