Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Will You Buy Halo 5 with this lvl of Transparency?

OP WavePunk

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8
I already pre-ordered it and can't wait to play. Story and game seems to be amazing
I'm buying it because I think it will be a fun game. Simple, eh?
I'll buy it pre-owned a few weeks after Halo 5 comes out. Then I won't buy any DLC. 343 will see no more money from me.
Yes...why not?
Quote:
why not?
You can't be serious.
WavePunk wrote:
I think the fact that this has A) Stayed on the top of the board for the last 3 days and B) has a near equal number of votes in both columns, is a testament to the fact that not everyone on the forum is just here to complain. There are people here who love the games 343 has made or at least love Halo and want it to be a better place. Very Cool.

I really would love to see more transparency from 343 before giving them more money, but this small poll indicates that the community is not united enough in this thought to actually sway sales to a degree that would get 343's attention. Oh well, atleast I know now!

Successful Thread, trolls and all!
Not that this represents EVERY person who would even consider buying Halo 5 but the fact that it more or less says you (343i) only have a 50% approval rating on your next product from fans who are members of this website should be pretty unsettling to them as a company.
Scorpulus wrote:
Quote:
why not?
You can't be serious.
Well, we can't have day one game play reports and used copies to buy off of Craigslist, if there are not some initial guinea pigs who buy the game at launch. Silver lining :)
AnonomissX wrote:
Scorpulus wrote:
Quote:
why not?
You can't be serious.
Well, we can't have day one game play reports and used copies to buy off of Craigslist, if there are not some initial guinea pigs who buy the game at launch. Silver lining :)
True. My solution to that is that simply no ones buys it. I'm happy with that solution
Yes, I will. But it will be like a test. If the game is broken as the MCC, it will be my last Halo.
Yes, I will. But it will be like a test. If the game is broken as the MCC, it will be my last Halo.
People said that about Halo 4 and.... Yeah.... Flop
DaxSeven09 wrote:
DSight wrote:
Repete1779 wrote:
On release, NO.

Maybe after a month or 2 when some of my friends can confirm whether or not the title is worth it. Can't trust review sites cause they all gave MCC great scores even though it still has issues after 6 months. And can't really listen to these forums either cause some have been pleased with MCC for months even though some of them admit there are issues.

Can't tell if that's just blind loyalty to 343, or employee of 343, or whatever. Plenty of other games will be coming out around the same time, no need to waste my time testing 343's product again.
I should have clarified in my above post that I wont be buying this AT LAUNCH. I will do like you and keep an eye on the community feedback and forums to see how well the game is working. If BTB is at least 16 players with ranked and actually "working" then I might consider getting it. But it sure will not be at launch.

I loved Halo 4 and developed a lot of respect for 343 with that game. But clearly MS and 343 are having major issues with the X1. Dedicated servers were supposed to be with every X1 game and that's clearly a massive struggle. The H5 beta had many similar problems as TMCC. On top of that we still never received a BTB beta for H5. So at this point no one knows if that is even going to work properly in H5. BTB is still only 14 players in TMCC and is still not ranked......6 months later.
There is a bit of misinformation in this post. Dedicated servers were available for most xbox one games if the developers choose to use them. They work more than perfect when it comes to Titanfall. They also worked well with the Halo 5: Guardians Beta. Its not surprising that they're having issues with a game developed by 4 different companies with multiple engines on multiple PC architectures using two different networking architectures from two different consoles.
Hey DSight, I get that it was/is still a monumental task, but they should NOT have undertaken it the way they did. The longer things go with this game the more obvious it is that they are doing the absolute bare minimum, and not all that concerned about the consumers of this product. It is really disheartening in a way. I was a big MS fan up until this. I am a PC, btw, not a Mac; in witnessing what they have done with this Collection or what they haven't done boggles the mind. This is a Fortune 500, billions of dollars company. How more people, higher up did not lose their jobs is beyond me.

I will not be pre-ordering, or buying directly from MS. I will wait, and by it all used from my local Gamestop. The only thing MS is getting from me now is the XBL subscription.

P.S. I realize I have missed a lot of this thread, but I saw this on the first page and I wanted to respond to it right away.
Good for you man, that's a good idea. Keep up the fight.
WavePunk wrote:
I think the fact that this has A) Stayed on the top of the board for the last 3 days and B) has a near equal number of votes in both columns, is a testament to the fact that not everyone on the forum is just here to complain. There are people here who love the games 343 has made or at least love Halo and want it to be a better place. Very Cool.

I really would love to see more transparency from 343 before giving them more money, but this small poll indicates that the community is not united enough in this thought to actually sway sales to a degree that would get 343's attention. Oh well, atleast I know now!

Not that this represents EVERY person who would even consider buying Halo 5 but the fact that it more or less says you (343i) only have a 50% approval rating on your next product from fans who are members of this website should be pretty unsettling to them as a company.
It's an interesting point to consider. From my personal experience, I seek out a company's website's forum either because I really loved a product or because I had a problem. I have no idea what the average ratio of supporters to problemers on a company's forum is, but 1 to 1 speculatively sounds right. So given this demographic, the 50% approval doesn't seem to off. Push out a survey with this question to all customers who have purchased a 343 product and recieve the same results? Ok, now be very concerned.
Buy it? I won't even play it if they decide to keep those terrible hit marker sound effects.
WavePunk wrote:
WavePunk wrote:

It's an interesting point to consider. From my personal experience, I seek out a company's website's forum either because I really loved a product or because I had a problem. I have no idea what the average ratio of supporters to problemers on a company's forum is, but 1 to 1 speculatively sounds right. So given this demographic, the 50% approval doesn't seem to off. Push out a survey with this question to all customers who have purchased a 343 product and recieve the same results? Ok, now be very concerned.
Yeah if they literally had everyone who bought a 343 product answer your survey and the numbers were at 50%, I know for a fact the company I work for the higher ups would probably do a complete restructuring of my region and an active investigation into why the numbers were so low. However if 343 did this and got an 80% or 90% they'll keep on going with what they've been doing. Though realistically from the overall public I honestly feel they might get a 60% or 65%..... Not hating on Halo 5 here, just stating they have done an extremely poor job supporting the products they have released so far. The reason of it even being a 65% estimate is because a lot of people have very short attention spans and Microsoft loves to push out flashy marketing campaigns to help distract from previous failures.
WavePunk wrote:
WavePunk wrote:

Yeah if they literally had everyone who bought a 343 product answer your survey and the numbers were at 50%, I know for a fact the company I work for the higher ups would probably do a complete restructuring of my region and an active investigation into why the numbers were so low. However if 343 did this and got an 80% or 90% they'll keep on going with what they've been doing. Though realistically from the overall public I honestly feel they might get a 60% or 65%..... Not hating on Halo 5 here, just stating they have done an extremely poor job supporting the products they have released so far. The reason of it even being a 65% estimate is because a lot of people have very short attention spans and Microsoft loves to push out flashy marketing campaigns to help distract from previous failures.
Agreed. 343 has a consistent track record of getting me very excited about a product with fantastic marketing and then failing to deliver. It continues even now; I'm excited about Halo 5, like really excited. I pray this is the game that breaks the cycle. But I'm definitely going to wait a bit to find out.
If it want named Halo maybe because it simply isnt Halo anymore. So no. I wont be buying it regardless.
I plan on buying halo 5. Used.

after the MCC, and how they handled it, 343 will never see a penny from me again.
Not gonna buy it.. used probably after few weeks..
WavePunk wrote:
WavePunk wrote:
WavePunk wrote:

Agreed. 343 has a consistent track record of getting me very excited about a product with fantastic marketing and then failing to deliver. It continues even now; I'm excited about Halo 5, like really excited. I pray this is the game that breaks the cycle. But I'm definitely going to wait a bit to find out.
And really, I thank you profusely for making the effort to wait it out. If more people follow suit, like a lot more people then hopefully it'll make some kind of impact on 343 if they fail to deliver again and as a result the sales tank. Or if a bunch of people hold off and it turns out to be really good, no biggie, a ton of people buy it a little bit later. Everyone still gets their games if it is determined to be worth it but it also allows non biased unpaid reviews to roll out telling the truth about Halo 5's worth. The real question though is what will 343 do to support it after release? Will they take a year to release a weapons balance patch? Or 6 months or more to fix key bugs in the game? We will see.
WavePunk wrote:
Has 343 been transparent enough about the issues within MCC for you to trust them again? Are you comfortable enough to buy Halo 5 without fear of getting yoinked? Or does 343 need to be more honest about what happened with MCC in the first place for you to purchase another one of their products? Sound off, discuss.

NOTE: posted in MCC because it has more to do with MCC than H5

MOAR NOTE: Remember, either way, No Pre-Orders.
I'll be getting it on launch, but only because I work too much to get invested in the multiplayer as I used to be, so for me if they mess that up it won't directly affect me. However if the single player is screwed up as bad as TMCC was then I'd be ticked. I can't imagine they'll let it happen again though. They are pretty upset that they messed TMCC up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8